Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2011, 09:27 PM

627 posts, read 1,295,281 times

Advertisements

Young man...

Just be yourself.

All you have to do is turn on you inner confidence.

It's in there somewhere.

Sit down with yourself, quietly, in a comfortable chair...

and seek.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 12:00 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,797,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
I don't like the term brag. If someone asks you what you are capable of or have done in your life, I don't see anything wrong with telling them. I would think that the guy who has nothing or very little to say has very little if anything to be proud of. You know "THAT" guy. He sits in the back corner and doesn't speak a word. I don't get jealous about someones success and achievements. IF the guy made a million last week on Wall Street, cool for him. Tell me how you got that knowledge to do it and was it just luck? I get interested in things like that. Oh, you just bought a Corvette. Cool, what did you get on it? How do you like it? The guy who gets p*ssed and jealous because he drives a Caviler has issues. Maybe that's why wealthy people come up to me and just start spilling their life history at random with me. I'm not the type to ridicule them or snub them. I want to hear about it.
Interesting post.

Old 02-06-2011, 12:02 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,797,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei Han View Post
Young man...

Just be yourself.

All you have to do is turn on you inner confidence.

It's in there somewhere.

Sit down with yourself, quietly, in a comfortable chair...

and seek.
I am sitting on a leather chair.

Old 02-06-2011, 12:18 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,643,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Interesting post.
Important people share things with me all the time like that. I sure don't make them feel out of place or get jealous on them for it. Sometimes they even let you play with their toys. Since you aren't a a$$ about it, wanna take it for a spin? Sure! Sometimes people make you feel so guilty about what you earned or have and you are half afraid to even say anything about.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:05 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,307,854 times
When you walk in on somebody doing something, tell them how your way of doing it is superior and tell them why. Iinstruct them on how you do it. Then correct people on their piddly mistakes. Then tell them how disappointed you are in your successful life when theirs obviously sucks more. Or complain about your flat abs around people who are flabby. People will take this to be conceited behavior. I used to think this was normal behavior but now I know just how conceited I have been. I thought I was just stating facts. But average people just can't handle superior standards.

Old 02-06-2011, 05:46 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,686,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
When you walk in on somebody doing something, tell them how your way of doing it is superior and tell them why. Iinstruct them on how you do it. Then correct people on their piddly mistakes. Then tell them how disappointed you are in your successful life when theirs obviously sucks more. Or complain about your flat abs around people who are flabby. People will take this to be conceited behavior. I used to think this was normal behavior but now I know just how conceited I have been. I thought I was just stating facts. But average people just can't handle superior standards.
no, they just don't care to "handle" douchey behavior

I mean really, complaining about one's own "flat abs"? Really? That's not even douchey at that point, it just makes you sound like an angst-filled teenager with body image issues.

Old 02-06-2011, 05:56 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,680,133 times
Here's something to think about. When a person is conceited, we say he is "full of himself." Wouldn't you rather be full of something more meaningful, like "full of knowledge" or "full of kindness" or "full of fun"? Being full of yourself is nothing if your "self" has no substance.

Old 02-06-2011, 07:24 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,309,882 times
This thread makes me laugh....I would also tell you what I think you are "full of", but I might get in trouble.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:33 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,472,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Here's something to think about. When a person is conceited, we say he is "full of himself." Wouldn't you rather be full of something more meaningful, like "full of knowledge" or "full of kindness" or "full of fun"? Being full of yourself is nothing if your "self" has no substance.

^^^ Excellent and would be great if Texas took your advice.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:08 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,195,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
How can I be conceited, stuck-up, cocky, etc?

I know there are men out there who are like that. Please share.
the best way for you to improve or increase your level of conceit is by sniffing dogs asses. every time you see a dog get on your knees and sniff it's ass. people will be impressed and every time you sniff an ass your conceit level will increase by .5%. try it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships