Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 02:44 PM

18 posts, read 27,414 times

Advertisements

Ok so need everyones honest opinion. If two people meet at a party and drunkly hookup, is there ever a chance these two people can get together again down the road?

I had drunk sex this weekend and feel really stupid right now; feel as though I really messed up and this guy is going to have no respect for me now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 02:55 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,995,260 times
No it is not possible. It has nothing with respect or anything. You both wanted sex and you both got it. So move on.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:59 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley22 View Post
Ok so need everyones honest opinion. If two people meet at a party and drunkly hookup, is there ever a chance these two people can get together again down the road?

I had drunk sex this weekend and feel really stupid right now; feel as though I really messed up and this guy is going to have no respect for me now.
Dan Savage says yes, and I generally agree with whatever he says, but I am really not sure about that. I think if the two of you get along without being drunk or having sex, you have a good shot.

Old 02-06-2011, 03:02 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,926,814 times
I dont think your any more or less likely to get together with that person. Id also discourage you from trying to get together just because you had drunken sex. Chalk it up as a learning experience, and also make sure you were "safe", if not you should get std testing and pregnancy testing/morning after.

Next time be more conscious about your drinking habits. You should never drink so much you lose all control and do things you regret.

Old 02-06-2011, 03:04 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Quote:

Perhaps you could just let him know that things "got a little out of hand" last night from the alcohol, and you would like to see him again on a sober level, maybe lunch, or dinner? Coffee?

Old 02-06-2011, 03:06 PM

2,596 posts, read 5,580,467 times
Well, anything is possible. Maybe you two are both nothing like that and made a drunken mistake that you both regret. Maybe you meet later under different circumstances. I won't say it never happens because I'm sure sometimes it does...

...but if you're asking me to guess whether this particular situation will turn out that way? I'd guess it's not too likely. There's the possibility that this guy viewed you as nothing more than some random girl to sleep with. Then you have to consider whether he is looking for something serious in his life right now anyway. Then you have to consider if sleeping with him right away is a turn-off. For some guys, it isn't, but for others, they may subconsciously lose respect for you, or assume you do that with every guy in town.

So, I guess I would expect nothing and then be pleasantly surprised if he does contact you. If he happens to call, take some time to think through how you feel about this and what you want. If you are looking for a relationship eventually, you might consider bringing that up casually to see how he reacts. There's the danger that he may only be calling because he thinks you will be willing to sleep with him every time and he doesn't have to put any effort into dating you, not because he genuinely likes you and wants a relationship. So, if he does want to see you again, you might arrange to have a date where sex isn't really feasible (like meet at Starbucks in the afternoon and then have plans so you can't go back to someone's place) and see how he reacts. That may show you whether he's more interested in getting to know you or looking for a hookup. Good luck.

Old 02-06-2011, 03:08 PM

199 posts, read 490,849 times
Honestly serious relationship-wise I think it has been scarred. Other than that having casual sex with that person could still be in the mix.

Old 02-06-2011, 03:08 PM

936 posts, read 2,060,440 times
Quote:

There is a chance, but it lies somewhere between none and slim. As a guy, I would expect that he'll probably try to get you drunk next time, thinking it will increase his chances of a repeat performance.

Don't beat yourself up about it. People have been having drunk sex since the discovery of alcohol. Chalk this one up to experience, and remember it the next time.

Old 02-06-2011, 03:13 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
Just because two people have a few drinks and end up in the sack doesn't mean that they couldn't have a great relationship, in fact I don't even see that as being a significant factor one way or the other. When the couple is sober the next day things might work out for them or perhaps not. I just think it's foolish to accept the notion that because you've given into your sexual desires that suddenly there is some sort of void between you which can never be overcome.

Old 02-06-2011, 03:15 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Having sex.......that is the easy part.

What to do next......IDK,

That is the hard part.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships