Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2011, 09:51 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,590,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
I am sure that you feel attacked, but most people are just more cynical than you. Cynical might not be the best word, but I mean most people are not as trusting. You keep posting threads about this girl, but then ignoring all the advice and warnings you are given. Since you are sure that she is the one and telling the truth, you need to find out for sure.
I was thinking more along the lines of realistic. These days, you just never know. Better to be safe than sorry...

Old 02-06-2011, 09:53 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,757,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91
All I'm saying is she might need to move in with you (and marry you) to get away from her parents if they disapprove.
Not a problem with me, at all. I would gladly marry her.

Quote:
I realize it would be ideal if the parents approve. But your relationship is not dependent upon the parents approval.

Have you seen a picture of her? Does she look 18?
Yes and yes (referencing bolded portion above).

Old 02-06-2011, 09:57 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,590,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post

Yes and yes (referencing bolded portion above).
Just keep in mind that anyone can dig up a picture and pretend it's them. Don't base her age solely on a picture(s) she has sent you.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
I still think she might not be 18 y.o. and she could be between 13 to 15 y.o. What happens, Knight, if her parents find out your age and she is underage? I think you are not thinking of that prospect. I would hate for you to go to jail because of this relationship.
A valid concern Although, like I said, I have no intentions whatsoever, of "getting physical" with her. If I were to find out she were underage, and that she was not truthful with me, no harm done, b/c no physical intimacy = no possibility of being arrested, right? At least, that's what I had thought? I mean, I can't go to jail, for just talkng to her right?

Quote:
I will tell you honestly,Knight. I have a young daughter and if I found out she was talking to someone as old as you on the internet. I'd probably come after you and kick your nuts in. Seriously. No matter what you said to me about courting my daughter and being there for her 100% unconditionally. I would kick your azz.
*shoulders slumped* I don't think you really understand me, at all...or how I really feel, about her

Quote:
Right now, I would find time to jump on a plane and meet her in a public place. Remember what I told you about the college kid in VA that meet his online girlfriend? Turns out his girlfriend was a guy and killed him. The college kid also just had a picture of his online girlfriend too.

I'm just worry about you and really think you need to research her and go see her in a public place to see if all is ok.
Agreed

Old 02-06-2011, 09:59 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,467,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
I still think she might not be 18 y.o. and she could be between 13 to 15 y.o. What happens, Knight, if her parents find out your age and she is underage? I think you are not thinking of that prospect. I would hate for you to go to jail because of this relationship.

I will tell you honestly,Knight. I have a young daughter and if I found out she was talking to someone as old as you on the internet. I'd probably come after you and kick your nuts in. Seriously. No matter what you said to me about courting my daughter and being there for her 100% unconditionally. I would kick your azz.

Right now, I would find time to jump on a plane and meet her in a public place. Remember what I told you about the college kid in VA that meet his online girlfriend? Turns out his girlfriend was a guy and killed him. The college kid also just had a picture of his online girlfriend too.

I'm just worry about you and really think you need to research her and go see her in a public place to see if all is ok.
If she turns out to be underage, could he really go to jail for that?

It's not like he did anything illegal. He said he would end it right away if she turned out to be underage.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:02 PM

343 posts, read 524,145 times
Grrrrr....there's some selective reading comprehension going on here!

I wish you would've bolded the slow, measured response to LDR/online meetings. Again, no one here is questioning your intentions. To take citydata's comments to heart who has not had a relationship is, well, exactly why do you?

18 to 28 is a huge age disparity. Emotionally and that doesn't mean she has to try on every man's pants on the block. The whole insecurity thing on her part, that is a clue; a veritable tip of the iceberg.

What's wrong with a 23-25 year old out of school and working in some kind of career? Why pluck an immature, insecure thing into your web? Ahhhh, I've torn a hole in your facade. You're really 40-50 something. I mean, if you're 28, you have quite a nice dating pool to choose from. Why not go through your church or other churches? They have youth groups, bible study, some even (gasp!) have dances/meet greet functions.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
For your sake, it might be worth finding out for sure. Seriously. I know you probably want with all of your heart to believe she's telling you the truth but the unfortunate reality is that there are a lot of people in this world who make a game out of playing people. The biggest red flag I can see in all of this is that she's hiding you from her parents.

Do you really want to take the risk of going to meet her and finding out she's underage? Do you want to potentially risk your future?
Pls see my response to donie.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
Just keep in mind that anyone can dig up a picture and pretend it's them. Don't base her age solely on a picture(s) she has sent you.
True. You're right; I agree. I don't know what else to do though, than to give her the benefit of the doubt though, I guess.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:05 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,467,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna in AZ View Post
Grrrrr....there's some selective reading comprehension going on here!

I wish you would've bolded the slow, measured response to LDR/online meetings. Again, no one here is questioning your intentions. To take citydata's comments to heart who has not had a relationship is, well, exactly why do you?

18 to 28 is a huge age disparity. Emotionally and that doesn't mean she has to try on every man's pants on the block. The whole insecurity thing on her part, that is a clue; a veritable tip of the iceberg.

What's wrong with a 23-25 year old out of school and working in some kind of career? Why pluck an immature, insecure thing into your web? Ahhhh, I've torn a hole in your facade. You're really 40-50 something. I mean, if you're 28, you have quite a nice dating pool to choose from. Why not go through your church or other churches? They have youth groups, bible study, some even (gasp!) have dances/meet greet functions.
I've never had a relationship according to you, but I've had a relationship.

Just like Knight's not in a relationship according to you, but he's actually in a relationship.

It doesn't matter what you think. All that matters is what the people in the relationship think.

Some of the responses on this thread reminded me of your response on 1 of my threads. I wasn't going to say anything, but you brought it up.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:05 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,571,509 times
Sometimes pictures don't count. Women are known for not looking their age, like mine. I've been told that I look younger, thanks to teen girls trying to look older. If she really love you why hasn't she told her parents about you yet?

I had a "friend"' in CD a year and a half ago. I haven't had any PM from him in several months. The reason: He was a college student who got arrested because he was with a girl....who was underage and he had no clue and was sent to jail.

If you were able to email her, why doesn't she used Skype so you'll really know what she look like talking to you? All I'm saying is be careful and don't let your romantic fantasies cloud your judgement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships