Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 09:11 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,761,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by h886 View Post
I'm not saying couples should have a knock-down, drag-out fight any time they disagree about something, but it's a classic sign of low self-esteem when someone tries much too hard to be perfect... when you have "cute" little disagreements, but never any real ones where you feel she's angry, frustrated, annoyed. Do you really think it's possible that she never finds you annoying?

You didn't answer my other questions. What things does this girl have in her life (completely independent of you) where she can feel confident in her own right? Is she even going to school? Having a career can be a huge confidence-booster for many women. It's important that she have her own interests and own passions independent of you. She should also have the confidence to call you on your BS when it comes up, to argue back with you like you were equals, not like she was the princess and afraid to get angry because then she wouldn't be so "perfect" in your eyes.

Incidentally, I hope you don't spend too much time with her emphasizing the things you have here... that she's perfect, sweet, never complains, etc. You could be feeding all the wrong tendencies. I would think that ideally you would want an independent woman with her own opinions, the confidence to tell you so.
She is in school atm. She is also very shy and introverted, even though she is also very sweet and affectionate. I have told her many times, that she is free to tell me anything at all...and even if she is unhappy with me. In fact, if she *is* unhappy with me for whatever reason, then I want to know, so that I can make it right. She is more than welcome to talk to me, if she is unhappy with my conduct toward her...ultimately, I just want her to be happy, and feel loved.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:14 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,761,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
You need to stay away from this girl and let her grow up. She is only 18 and has never lived away from home. You are 30 years old and trying to practically make her your wife. Also, as I mentioned in your other really creepy thread, you don't know she is actually 18. She could very well be lying and be younger. It would explain her immaturity.,
What am I doing exactly, that's so creepy? I've already stated, I'm not chasing after her for physical reasons. Right?

If she's under 18: game over; that's simply not gonna happen.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:15 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
In fact, if she *is* unhappy with me for whatever reason, then I want to know, so that I can make it right.
What could possibly be there to be unhappy with?! Your communication consists of endless exchange of sweet nothings and absolutely nothing else! Even calling it a conversation is quite the stretch.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:34 PM

343 posts, read 524,269 times
"She's never once been cold, cruel, nagging, angry, or upset at me, ever -- if anything, she has been the exact opposite extreme (super-affectionate, loving, and caring...full of loving, gentle words; totally cuddly and sweet, in every way). Completely 100% innocent (meant in a positive way) and entirely unjaded, as well."

Because she is not with you 24/7 and doesn't know you no matter how perfect you try to be, women have a talent in finding that one imperfect thing about you (especially if they are so immature to think you were perfect in the first place). Pie in the sky isn't worth s**t until you taste it. Only then will you know if it was good.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:18 PM

19,713 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna in AZ View Post
"She's never once been cold, cruel, nagging, angry, or upset at me, ever -- if anything, she has been the exact opposite extreme (super-affectionate, loving, and caring...full of loving, gentle words; totally cuddly and sweet, in every way). Completely 100% innocent (meant in a positive way) and entirely unjaded, as well."

Because she is not with you 24/7 and doesn't know you no matter how perfect you try to be, women have a talent in finding that one imperfect thing about you (especially if they are so immature to think you were perfect in the first place). Pie in the sky isn't worth s**t until you taste it. Only then will you know if it was good.
This is right on.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:42 PM

19,713 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
It's so easy for all of you to judge me as evil; none of you really know what I'm really like. I would never dream of harming a hair on her (the girl's) head.

So keep judging...keep condemning, then. It just seems to me, that some of you are being rather self-righteous here. I'm turning in for tonight.
I don't think anyone was saying you were evil...

It's just hard to put the relationship into perspective since you haven't spent time with her in person.

It really does change things, and if it's meant to be, it will change things for the better.

You miss her, and want to be with her, but can't at the moment...All there is is this message board, and it sucks right?!

Just hang in there and keep doing what you're doing.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:09 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Why are you making things so complicated? Seriously, you say you love and want to be a caring, loving boyfriend, so listen to Nike and just do it. This isn't real complicated.

Old 02-07-2011, 05:36 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
As a parent, if my daughter at 18 had come home and said she wanted me to meet her 30 year old b/f, there would be big issues for you, me and her. At 18 a young girl has NO clue what she wants, what love is, etc... And you two have not even met. I personally hope that you don't. You are nearly double her age. I'm sorry to be harsh but there really can't be a positive outcome to this situation. I just don't agree with it. I could see if there was an age difference and she was say, 30 years old or even 27 / 28 yrs old but at 18? No, she needs to grow up and find her way before deciding to spend the rest of her life with you.

Old 02-07-2011, 05:41 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Wait a minute...

Knight is 30 years old?
Ish. 31 or so.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:28 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
As I mentioned in the other thread -- it is a "long-distance relationship". Not sure why some people, automatically classify an LDR when the 2 parties just haven't yet had an opportunity to meet, as a "non-relationship"?
Seriously? YOU DON'T KNOW HER. Jaysus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships