Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 09:34 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,746,626 times

Advertisements

Thanks for everyone's comments, I do appreciate them, and will be sure to arrange to meet her (and only if she is of legal age, as she has assured me...and which I will be certain to verify, before an actual meeting).

That being said, I think I will respectfully bow out of any addiional discussion, in this thread, for now at least.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:34 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,370,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Not overseas -- U.S.
I would be very careful knight, due to US law you might be talking to a minor and even if is very christian and PG-13, it might be illegal. Just be careful. You sound like a nice guy but at 30 you might want to engage with more mature women.

I dont know 18-30 is kind of creepy. Even if there is not "sex" talk involved. JMO

Old 02-07-2011, 09:35 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,572,713 times
Quote:
Lol, of course I would want the above (meant in a PG-rated way) But until she and I can actually do that...love in terms of words, are enough for me.
Love in terms of words are enough for you. Dear Knight, I must reluctantly tear myself away from your two threads because, in my opinion, your ears are stuffed with dense cotton, your eyes are dim where posters' comments are concerned and your brain is totally absorbed in an internet relationship based on pure fantasy and unrealistic expectations. Look forward to hearing about your trip to actually meet this young lady and hope it all works out for you. Cheers!

PS: Good thing that you decided to bow out of this discussion for now (your post came while I was posting) as it really can't go anywhere until you actually meet her. Make those plans and go do it. If indeed you have a government job then working within the system shouldn't be a problem for you.

Last edited by STT Resident; 02-07-2011 at 09:44 AM..

Old 02-07-2011, 09:39 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,746,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
I would be very careful knight, due to US law you might be talking to a minor and even if is very christian and PG-13, it might be illegal. Just be careful. You sound like a nice guy but at 30 you might want to engage with more mature women.

I dont know 18-30 is kind of creepy. Even if there is not "sex" talk involved. JMO
To clarify the above post, before bowing out of the thread: I will be careful, and will find out her age for sure. I will obviously and definitely not pursue anything with someone, who is not of legal age.

Thx for your concern Carol.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:53 AM

Quote:
To clarify the above post, before bowing out of the thread: I will be careful, and will find out her age for sure. I will obviously and definitely not pursue anything with someone, who is not of legal age.

Thx for your concern Carol.
I decided to not further contribute to either of your threads too but you've been corresponding with her on the internet for six months and only NOW have you decided to check her out and thank one poster for the advice which has been given to you so many times? No offense, Carol!! Countless other posters have responded in kind on those two threads you have going and it seems that you have in the past had other similar threads going where this same relationship is concerned. Bon chance!

Old 02-07-2011, 09:54 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,370,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
I decided to not further contribute to either of your threads too but you've been corresponding with her on the internet for six months and only NOW have you decided to check her out and thank one poster for the advice which has been given to you so many times? No offense, Carol!! Countless other posters have responded in kind on those two threads you have going and it seems that you have in the past had other similar threads going where this same relationship is concerned. Bon chance!
I am not the person corresponding with the girl, just clarifying that

I am Carol. Knight is not Carol LOL

Old 02-07-2011, 10:32 AM

499 posts, read 890,935 times
me and my boyfriend met on internet. we have been dating for 2 years. he's my first boyfriend. i'm 22, he's 28. we're just like you he doesn't need to do anything special. to feel that he really loves me is enough for me but of course he gives me gifts and behave gently. so don't worry,if she really likes you, even your existence will be enough for her

And an advice: Sometimes pictures do mislead you. Use webcam from now on. And meet face to face in soonish even if it's a long-distance relationship , because nothing compares to having your sweetheart next to you. Being together strengthens your love. And long term seperation weakens it

Old 02-07-2011, 10:48 AM

19,639 posts, read 20,133,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrplr1 View Post
how can you "miss" someone you've never been with? you might long for them or pine for them or...
just sayin.

You know what I mean! lol

Old 02-07-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
I am not the person corresponding with the girl, just clarifying that

I am Carol. Knight is not Carol LOL
Re-read. My post may not have been been sufficiently clear but I think a re-read will clear any confusion.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:22 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,465,492 times
As others, I will have to bow out of these threads from Knight concerning this friendship. It is rehashing and rehashing the subject all over again. We had this conversation about this friendship about 2 weeks ago and nothing has changed.

I wish you well Knight!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.