Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 07:49 PM

2,309 posts, read 3,849,503 times

Advertisements

good idea / bad idea??? thoughts??? (info - she is single, got out of a relationship about 4 weeks ago, she and i have mildly danced around the notion of us dating in fact even when she was in her relationship with the other guy, we also work together).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 07:53 PM

6,422 posts, read 7,665,924 times
If you don't let her know your feelings now, then when? Just don't rush into anything if she just got out of a relationship as it might be too over whelming. Since you don't seem to know her feelings start with a small gift and perhaps lunch first. When you change your relationship with her, it is best to go slowly at first. It might take a little while for her to change her mode of thinking about you. Best of luck.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:36 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,053,995 times
very bad idea.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:44 PM

2,596 posts, read 5,581,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillebuckeye View Post
good idea / bad idea??? thoughts??? (info - she is single, got out of a relationship about 4 weeks ago, she and i have mildly danced around the notion of us dating in fact even when she was in her relationship with the other guy, we also work together).
I wouldn't do it. It seems a little slimy, like you're moving in for the kill to get her while she's desperate. (I don't think you actually think that, but it's how it might appear.)

I would continue to see her, but give her the space to work through her past relationship. If she starts giving you hints? Then go ahead and flirt back. It also depends on how long they dated. If it was a 5 year relationship, I think moving in after only a month or two sets you up as a rebound. If they only dated for less than a year, it might be okay after another month to gently broach the idea of you two dating. You need to be a bit extra cautious in this instance, IMHO, since you work together.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:09 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,876,561 times
Default From a friend....

Quote:
Originally Posted by h886 View Post
I wouldn't do it. It seems a little slimy, like you're moving in for the kill to get her while she's desperate. (I don't think you actually think that, but it's how it might appear.)

I would continue to see her, but give her the space to work through her past relationship. If she starts giving you hints? Then go ahead and flirt back. It also depends on how long they dated. If it was a 5 year relationship, I think moving in after only a month or two sets you up as a rebound. If they only dated for less than a year, it might be okay after another month to gently broach the idea of you two dating. You need to be a bit extra cautious in this instance, IMHO, since you work together.
You can always give her "a flower"... If I was grieving over a failed relationship... I would appreciate a flower or a nice jesture on valentine's day... the note can say... "from a friend on valentines day"... what's slimmy about that???

Old 02-06-2011, 09:15 PM

2,596 posts, read 5,581,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesdreams View Post
You can always give her "a flower"... If I was grieving over a failed relationship... I would appreciate a flower or a nice jesture on valentine's day... the note can say... "from a friend on valentines day"... what's slimmy about that???
Could go either way. From a true friend? I would appreciate that flower. From a guy trying to move in on me (like the OP)?? Not as certain. If she's ready to date again, maybe she takes that as a great encouragement, but if she's not then I worry it comes across as pushy... maybe slimy was the wrong word. I still wouldn't do it unless she's really giving out some strong hints, particularly since they work together and things could get weird.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:19 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
Very bad idea. Women take everything the wrong way.

Old 02-07-2011, 12:05 AM

1,245 posts, read 2,211,278 times
If you are just a good friend that cares for her, a small gift that says from XXXX, always your friend....that's nice. If you are seriously interested in dating her and like her that way, then this is passive aggressive and will be taken the wrong way...be upfront that you are interested in romantic dating if that's the case, express yourself verbally

Old 02-07-2011, 12:18 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,130 times
dont do it.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:48 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillebuckeye View Post
Bad idea. If you're just friends, it sends the wrong message. If you want to date her, flowers is a quick way to end up in the friend zone.

Nothing good can come from this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships