Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 04:37 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,760,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoowhoo View Post
yes i had thought about this but he's with somebody else
Ya, true (above)

But I genuinely think OP is going to make a very loving, special wife, to one very blessed guy...b/c she deserves to have a loving, caring husband, who will appreciate and treasure her, for the wonderful person, that she is.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:38 PM

1,022 posts, read 2,551,185 times
Geez, can't keep up with this thread. Someone read my posts dang it!!

Old 02-08-2011, 04:40 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,057 times
confidence is key for man and so is swagger, but if that guy is an ogre, he is an upfield battle in terms of attracting the opposite sex compared to the better looking guy that also has the same qualities

Old 02-08-2011, 04:40 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Why would she need to lose weight? You wouldn't give that advice to a man, would you? She has a great career and her own home! She's clearly driven and accomplished. What more do you expect???
Actually, I'm sure she would give that advice to a man. I used to get it all the time, and I was doing better than damn near any man. Most women are just as superficial as most men.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:41 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Cute face. I agree you should go with a more flattering hair style that matches your face shape (less angular cut). I would not try to widdle down to a stick figure either. Just maybe a few pounds to get to a healthy weight would be perfect and healthy.

I think Jennifer Hudson's makeover is a good inspiration point.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LsO1RsRlTg
I actually liked the old Jennifer just fine.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:43 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,401,050 times
Quote:
No. Women look at the guy who is able to captivate a crowd. Women look at the guy who has unstoppable confidence. Women go for guys that can make them laugh. Any man can work on any of these qualities.

There's little a woman can do, however, to change the way she looks. mod cut:
As a woman I disagree a little. But whatever... Are you really a Bajan! Cool! Bigup.

Anyway, men are drawn to looks, which is why they get themselves into so much trouble. And it's not difficult to change your looks unless you're physically deformed. They'd like to think they know, but makeup, hair dye, prosthetics and surgery have fooled many a man.

They like looks, but apparently they're not detail-oriented. LOL I say, just accept it.

I and my single women friends don't go for a guy with unstoppable confidence. Granted we have picked wrongly, but on the list are: looks, education, salary. If he's not educated or doesn't have the correct job, then he's not even in the running. Looks notwithstanding.

I dated a guy who made me laugh a lot. I actually got his friend's number, but I guess his friend didn't like me, because they TOTALLY did the bait and switch. He had a great job and was marriage minded and had a wonderful family, but I couldn't deal with one aspect of his appearance. Actually, I didn't like the way he kissed, either. Ppl (myself included) are dumb and superficial. But men, they're 100 times worse.

Last edited by yankeegirl313; 02-08-2011 at 05:38 PM..

Old 02-08-2011, 04:46 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,555,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyson13 View Post
Okay here it is. Hope it shows up.
I think you are very pretty. A different hairstyle might help, something a little "softer" and not quite as stark. Losing weight may or may not help, but if you want to do it make sure it's for you. There are plenty of men out there that don't mind some extra pounds. If anything, I would suggest exercising regularly just to give yourself some more energy. Plus, you never know who you might meet! As cheesy as it sounds, you really just have to be comfortable in your own skin. I know this is not easy.

ETA: Oops, sorry OP. I see you requested replies from men only. I'm a woman, but I have been in your shoes.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:48 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,310,461 times
Quote:
There's little a woman can do, however, to change the way she looks. Mod cut:
Me au natural: 3/10
Me after makeup, hair, pushup bra, and 5 inch platforms: 8/10

All for 5 minutes of work. Woot!!!

Last edited by yankeegirl313; 02-08-2011 at 05:39 PM..

Old 02-08-2011, 04:51 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,760,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyson13 View Post
Okay here it is. Hope it shows up.
To Alyson: just curious there sweetie, do you have long hair? (Wasn't 100% sure, just from the pic?)

If so, have you considered letting it down a lil, to fall past your shoulders? It just might give, a bit of a softer look...and your face is already adorable! Plus, I've never known a guy, who didn't love beautiful long hair, on a gal...just a possible thought anyway?

Old 02-08-2011, 04:57 PM

545 posts, read 1,555,813 times
Quote:
No. Women look at the guy who is able to captivate a crowd. Women look at the guy who has unstoppable confidence. Women go for guys that can make them laugh. Any man can work on any of these qualities.

There's little a woman can do, however, to change the way she looks. Mod cut:
GO TO THE GYM!

You think being confident and funny is easy? A lot of that is genetic.

Last edited by yankeegirl313; 02-08-2011 at 05:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships