U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 05:48 AM

13,039 posts, read 14,575,201 times
It's all about context of course but I still maintain cute for some of us women is an actual high compliment. It means that not only we think you are attractive but also a good guy and that to me anyway is about as high a compliment as I can pay anyone. Nice and Good are seriously under-rated IMO.

And I certainly don' think of puppies, bunnies and kittens when I think of Rufus Sewell ! Anything but. I find him sexy AND cute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 06:06 AM

12,890 posts, read 12,214,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J'aimeDesVilles View Post
I suppose being called cute is a compliment but most of us guys aren't too crazy about it. It sort of implies "small".

When you think "cute", you think of babies, puppies, kittens, bunnies, etc. All small and under-developed. Well, guess what? Guys don't really want to be defined, or have any part of themselves defined, as small and under-developed.
Exactly.

"Hot" I can handle. "Sexy", "smokin' ", "handsome", "rugged", "distinguished" I can deal with. "Tight buns" tends to make me swell up with a not inconsiderable amount of pride.

But "cute"? Bleh. Cute is for little boys who don't know what they're doing, who fall over their own impossibly-long legs trying to ingratiate themselves with their Mistress, all the while whining and making with the big puppy-dog eyes.

Double bleh.

So if you like to deal with non-threatening, warm-and-fuzzy little boys in a relationship because it feeds your need for a pet or to retain control, have at it - use "cute" all you want.

Just don't use that term on a Man.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:18 AM

13,039 posts, read 14,575,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Exactly.

"Hot" I can handle. "Sexy", "smokin' ", "handsome", "rugged", "distinguished" I can deal with. "Tight buns" tends to make me swell up with a not inconsiderable amount of pride.

But "cute"? Bleh. Cute is for little boys who don't know what they're doing, who fall over their own impossibly-long legs trying to ingratiate themselves with their Mistress, all the while whining and making with the big puppy-dog eyes.

Double bleh.

So if you like to deal with non-threatening, warm-and-fuzzy little boys in a relationship because it feeds your need for a pet or to retain control, have at it - use "cute" all you want.

I solemny promise never to call you cute again !!

I never thought you chaps were so sensitive ! I would say it adds to the cuteness but I am afraid of what barbs and arrows may come my way...

SifuPHil you Sir are an extremely handsome, rugged and distinguished individual and I am sure you have the tightest buns a man could ever hope for !

Is that better ?

I can see why men have an issue with it but I do think men take it the wrong way. It does imply like and a degree of affection as well as physical attraction .

Old 02-10-2011, 06:28 AM

20,739 posts, read 17,870,659 times
Meant affectionately between lovers, I see nothing wrong with it. Used that way, it's just a sweet term of endearment like "Sugar pie pumpkin bear." Sifu, somehow I doubt you'd mind if a beautiful woman for whom you cared very much snuggled up to you and called you cute.

When I talked about it earlier, I meant as a phrase used on a man I don't know well.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:35 AM

42,846 posts, read 52,462,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post

You're the cutest furry lil' thing!

How can one pass on such an opportunity...

Old 02-10-2011, 07:58 AM

12,890 posts, read 12,214,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I solemny promise never to call you cute again !!
...again?

I mean, good!

Quote:
I never thought you chaps were so sensitive ! I would say it adds to the cuteness but I am afraid of what barbs and arrows may come my way...
I dare say we Colonists are quite the sensitive lot.

Quote:
SifuPHil you Sir are an extremely handsome, rugged and distinguished individual and I am sure you have the tightest buns a man could ever hope for !

Is that better ?
Now I need a ciggie.

Quote:
I can see why men have an issue with it but I do think men take it the wrong way. It does imply like and a degree of affection as well as physical attraction .
Oh, I realize it's all about the context it is used in - I'm just breaking *******s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia
Sifu, somehow I doubt you'd mind if a beautiful woman for whom you cared very much snuggled up to you and called you cute.
That would be against my religion, though, so I'd have to report the incident to my shaman. He of course would have me purify myself for 72 hours in the Well of Lost Virginity.

...or is it the Well of Whoopee?...I always get those two confused...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraAZ
You're the cutest furry lil' thing!
I think that's what I told her last night...gerbils can be SO vain!

Old 06-27-2011, 11:51 PM

135 posts, read 66,048 times
Unhappy Being called cute.......

This may be a stupid question......but when woman describe you as being "cute" particularly ones around your age, is that buddy language or friend zone language?

Old 06-28-2011, 01:11 AM

11,124 posts, read 9,069,061 times
I've always viewed the word "cute" as a notch below good-looking or handsome.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:23 AM

5,393 posts, read 4,232,461 times
Yup.. it's a compliment. Take it as one instead of overthinking it.

One can also be "hot" as well as cute, or "handsome" and cute.. it's not an exclusive term.

Old 06-28-2011, 05:22 AM

16,623 posts, read 13,432,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlsanders View Post
This may be a stupid question......but when woman describe you as being "cute" particularly ones around your age, is that buddy language or friend zone language?
depends on the tone, timing, and context.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships