Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 11:24 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,267,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
I love cars as well, I just wish that I could fix them and build them on my own =/ I'd love to modify a car someday just for shiggles and then drive it around as a toy..
You can! You just have to make friends with a mechanic so you can get free lift time in the garage when its not being used. Make some kind of a deal. If you have an interesting enough car they might be interested to let you work on it in their garage and give you tips. If I ever get rich enough I will build a lift in my home garage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 11:31 PM

570 posts, read 880,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
This thread is sort of a spin-off of the one about women's opinions on men with expensive sports cars.
No S , you don't say ...

Quote:
What do men think when they see a woman driving an expensive sports car?
I think that they have a rich husband. And don't know how to manage money. And that they are superficial.

Quote:
Or with any expensive item or accessory?
Same as above response

Old 02-11-2011, 12:31 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,534,531 times
Quote:
You know...I think that most women probably think the same thing when they see a nice car...they think, "Nice car," if they even notice the car at all.

Most of my female friends couldn't tell a Maybach from a Mitsubishi...in fact, I know some guys who don't give a fig about cars, either.

Me...I've been in love with cars since I was a tiny tot. I always will be.
What do you drive, Stan?

Old 02-11-2011, 12:43 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,091,630 times
Cars do nothing for me.

Now a chick on a bike......

Old 02-11-2011, 02:11 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,834,054 times
Default men, when you see a woman with an expensive sports car, what do YOU think?

No point in settling for the type of man who is a long term prospect when you can quickly get this in a divorce settlement!

Old 02-11-2011, 08:59 AM

22,192 posts, read 29,178,956 times
It was funny when I was with my wealthy ex, I had a red with red rims CLK 55 with NOS. I had a brand new F350 with 24" Alcoa's on it with every mod done to it with a 15K stereo system in it and then there was the yellow with yellow rims Lingenfelter Z06--Fastest vette in Miami. Everyone knew me from "ketchup" and "mustard" and of course the truck. Most guys envyed me because of the vette and the girls loved the benz. I don't think I really got any bad remarks just because they were such stunning and beautiful cars. Most people were aware of who my ex was anyways so it came as no surprise I was driving them...

Old 02-11-2011, 09:07 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,848,252 times
Quote:

What do men think when they see a woman driving an expensive sports car?

Or with any expensive item or accessory?
Nothing. I see it all the time where I live. I dont think anything at all about what car she's in. It just depends on the woman. If I see a hot woman driving an expensive car I just think "wow she's hot". If she's ugly I think "wow she's ugly". If she's fat I think "Wow, what a fat cow". If she's old I think "You go old lady with your sport car".

So really, the car isnt important, its the WOMAN driving the car that is important.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:10 AM

6,872 posts, read 11,186,991 times
Smile The car

When I was around 28, I got a Mercedes 380SL (convertible) which I loved.
Worked hard. All that.

What I remember though (I had it for 12 years) is the way I was treated.
People were much nicer to me and accomodating!!

Old 02-11-2011, 09:11 AM

13,032 posts, read 24,560,220 times
I'm not a man but my reaction depends on the car. I will have the same reaction whether it's a man or a woman. I would certainly never assume anything about the car not being the driver's or having been bought by a man for her.

I cannot believe some people still think like that in 2011. The mind boggles and you would have to be pretty patient to put up with such comments.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:49 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,960,665 times
I love luxury/sport cars. I have a Lexus I got on my own because I love luxury and can afford it. I think that was one of the things that attracted my fiance to me because although he is wealthy and I don't have his type money, he knew I had my own money to live on a certain level and didn't need him or any man to "save" me. I'm sure most guys probably think I'm high maintenance when they see me stepping out a luxury vehicle, wearing designer shoes, handbag, sunglasses, clothing in quality fabric/silks and probably assume the worse about me but I'm a very nice and down to earth person I just love luxury/quality. However I'm not the type who would not pay my rent to buy a designer bag etc. That is materialistic and I'm not that way. I have the things I have because I can afford to have them so why not. Now its my fiance expense since I no longer work but I wasn't dressing or driving any different now than I was before.

I don't know a lot about cars but I can appreciate a nice vehicle whether a male or female is behind the wheel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships