Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 10:38 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,370,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Humble View Post
You might want to give him one more chance. You're probably right when you say that it is a bit more natural for men to pursue and for women to be pursued. But just as women probably get tired of playing the waiting game, so do men get tired of always having to do the pursuing. I think your initial turn off at his showing you that email was justified; I agree that it was a mini move beneath most of us. But if you have good feelings about him otherwise, why not give him another chance? If he's smart he'll see that you're not thrilled with the approach and may come back in a direct way. I think some people, both men and women do put feelers out there, however ill-advised and cowardly, to gauge how strong an interest is before they make themselves vulnerable. Rejection is not fun, for anyone. It depends on the signals you've been sending him; how strong have they been?
I am nice and smile a lot, and listen to his stories (which are always long).... and answer personal questions. And smile and smile and smile. Till the email moment....

If you have any sugestions for monday, let me know. Because today I do not feel talking to him again. Monday is better for both of us. I will be my pleasant self MONDAY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
Ego and self worth are frequently confused. A guy that shows you he is interested must feel you are at least potentially "special". If you show little to nothing back, he may change his views. You are saying he is not "special", not worthy of you unless he makes a big effort.

But hey if you are happy, than there is nothing to talk about.
I do not know if he is special YET. So far, not impressed. He seemed a sweet man, till this morning when he screwed up. And to think I was going to say yes when asked.... for a date.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:46 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,869,916 times
you and he are not together, its not like he owes you anything, how did pointing out that another women who actually shows an interest in him sent him an email all of a sudden make him unsweet?

Old 02-11-2011, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
you and he are not together, its not like he owes you anything, how did pointing out that another women who actually shows an interest in him sent him an email all of a sudden make him unsweet?
Right he does not owe me anything. To me that is a huge turnoff. Just my opinion. Everyone is different.

Like he were to ask me out today ... I would say 100% no. I do not want to talk about other people RIGHT NOW

Old 02-11-2011, 10:50 AM

2,179 posts, read 3,397,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
I am nice and smile a lot, and listen to his stories (which are always long).... and answer personal questions. And smile and smile and smile. Till the email moment....

If you have any sugestions for monday, let me know. Because today I do not feel talking to him again. Monday is better for both of us. I will be my pleasant self MONDAY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecAg_34Rtws

You two have a lot of patience! Life is fleeting. Get on with it or move on. What's wrong with a lunch or a drink after work to see if there is anything worth pursuing?

Old 02-11-2011, 10:50 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,869,916 times
For Monday, I would just see how it goes, and try to have an open mind

Old 02-11-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
For Monday, I would just see how it goes, and try to have an open mind
Thanks! Great advice.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Humble View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecAg_34Rtws

You two have a lot of patience! Life is fleeting. Get on with it or move on. What's wrong with a lunch or a drink after work to see if there is anything worth pursuing?
Patience is the name of my game. I am a very patient woman. I am a "wait and see type". Not looking forward to divorce #2. If this is not the right guy for me, let it be it.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:59 AM

2,179 posts, read 3,397,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
Patience is the name of my game. I am a very patient woman. I am a "wait and see type". Not looking forward to divorce #2. If this is not the right guy for me, let it be it.
Yeah, and I'll tell you, patience may be a virtue, but by the time you find out if this is the right guy for you he could be onto someone else. They say, "Good things come to those who wait," but I'd say, "No guts no glory.." You guys need a course in speed dating.. If you haven't guessed it by now your style is not my style. That doesn't mean I don't know what it's like to be afraid of rejection, of embarrassment, or another divorce myself, but I feel like I'm watching paint dry here.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. Humble View Post
yeah, and i'll tell you, patience may be a virtue, but by the time you find out if this is the right guy for you he could be onto someone else. They say, "good things come to those who wait," but i'd say, "no guts no glory.." you guys need a course in speed dating.. If you haven't guessed it by now your style is not my style. That doesn't mean i don't know what it's like to be afraid of rejection, of embarrassment, or another divorce myself, but i feel like i'm watching paint dry here.

lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships