U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 02-12-2011, 09:58 AM

2,651 posts, read 2,368,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
but those who adamantly oppose any sort of an animal/pet in their home for no real reason rather creep me out.
Adamantly oppose an animal in my home. Don't have time to feed or walk anything. Just don't.

On a first date it's one of my questions. Do you have any pets.

I wouldn't date a man with a pet. It's a dealbreaker. You pet owners always say, oh he won't bite. My cat is friendly. She like to sit in your lap. I don't want your freakin mutt coming up to be patted on the head. Don't want your freakin cat rubbing against my legs.

This is the funny part. You pet owners always talk about parents. You guys are the same with your freakin pets. Showing pics and telling cute stories. I would rather hear a cute story of a kid, then an animal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 02-12-2011, 10:06 AM

1,561 posts, read 991,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
Adamantly oppose an animal in my home. Don't have time to feed or walk anything. Just don't.

On a first date it's one of my questions. Do you have any pets.

I wouldn't date a man with a pet. It's a dealbreaker. You pet owners always say, oh he won't bite. My cat is friendly. She like to sit in your lap. I don't want your freakin mutt coming up to be patted on the head. Don't want your freakin cat rubbing against my legs.

This is the funny part. You pet owners always talk about parents. You guys are the same with your freakin pets. Showing pics and telling cute stories. I would rather hear a cute story of a kid, then an animal.
I guess this means the second date is off?

Unread 02-12-2011, 10:07 AM

19,204 posts, read 20,180,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
That seems to be a good reason.

Unread 02-12-2011, 10:11 AM

2,651 posts, read 2,368,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
I guess this means the second date is off?
Yes sir.

Unread 02-12-2011, 10:13 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,926,088 times
some people should not own pets. i think we can all agree to that.

however, i choose not to be in a relationship with someone who falls into that category. just as i wouldnt have married a person who didnt want kids.

its all personal preference and whats important to you...

Unread 02-12-2011, 10:47 AM

7,917 posts, read 10,532,683 times
After being bitten in the side by a dog in a parked car that required a trip to the hospital and also being dragged off the back of a motorcycle once by a dog who had my ankle in his mouth I'm a little leary about dogs but I do like them if they're not mean. A friendly dog wouldn't be a problem but a house full of animals which caused the place to smell like a kennel would be a dealbreaker.

Unread 02-12-2011, 03:53 PM
miu

12,594 posts, read 19,891,603 times
Default A New Interest Doesn't Like Animals. Dealbreaker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna in AZ View Post
A New Interest Doesn't Like Animals. Dealbreaker?
I could never love a man that didn't love animals. He doesn't have to have pets, but he just needs to really like having them around.

And yes, if our pets didn't get along, we could still be a couple. However, we'd keep separate residences. I wouldn't expect him to give up his "kids" and I would give up mine.

Unread 02-12-2011, 05:24 PM

1,589 posts, read 1,219,402 times
I don't think pet owners realize how badly their homes smell. Maybe you get used to it and just don't notice. Every home I've ever been in that had a family dog or cat, smelled bad. Even the homes of clean freaks, whom I knew bathed their pets regularly.

Sorry, but if you have a dog or cat, your house stinks, whether you realize it or not.

I had pets when I was raising my kids but I am now pet free and loving it. I'm free! Free at last!

Unread 02-12-2011, 06:38 PM
miu

12,594 posts, read 19,891,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
I don't think pet owners realize how badly their homes smell. Maybe you get used to it and just don't notice. Every home I've ever been in that had a family dog or cat, smelled bad. Even the homes of clean freaks, whom I knew bathed their pets regularly.

Sorry, but if you have a dog or cat, your house stinks, whether you realize it or not.

I had pets when I was raising my kids but I am now pet free and loving it. I'm free! Free at last!
Many things can affect the way the inside of a house smells. Someone's annoying perfume, incense, fried foods, kimchi, garlic, curry, stale beer, used diapers...

BUT... nothing smells worse than a house belonging to a cigarette smoker!

Again, animal lovers should stick to dating animal lovers. People who want kids should only be with other baby making people. Smokers with other smokers. There's plenty of singles out in the dating scene who should be compatible enough without having to make any major lifestyle adjustments to keep your partner happy. Shrug.

Unread 02-12-2011, 06:56 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,926,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post

Funny, ive had people be genuinely shocked we have pets...many came over frequently, and for years, before they realized we have furry ones running around....

maybe those whose homes you smell arent as fastidious as you think they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships