Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 08:33 PM

164 posts, read 211,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
I don't know anyone who wouldn't buddy!
Yeah... well I think the best way to deal with this is to talk with my GF. I think I will tell her:
Every person has good and bad sides. This is one of my bad sides. I'm sorry 'bout it... but I can't change how I feel. I really love her... and do trust her... but this guy really makes me unconfortable... and for this realtionship to work... we bouth have to feel confortable... so in my oppinion she has to restrict her interactions with him to the minimum. So if she does want this realtionship to work... she has to acept my bad sides too.... and this means when guys hit on her... she can't be all friednly with them. Sorry... but that just how it works.
What do you people think about this aproach?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 08:33 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,104,854 times
I personally hate jealousy and I don't like people who can't spell much better. Get a life. So, if he did hit on her, it didn't hurt her and it shouldn't have bothered you unless you are terribly insecure. Just stop and think for a moment, you do not own this young lady. You can't even call her your girl friend. The way you are headed she won't be your girlfriend for much longer, women don't like if when you make a fool of yourself over a situation like this. When you get out of high school, maybe things will look different to you...

Old 02-12-2011, 08:34 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
No man with any balls would ever let it get to that point. What, does he sit back and let you get punched or kicked before he intervenes? I'd be extra careful throwing drinks in men's faces as well. Some of them, that's just enough to set em off!
So at what point do you start getting hamfisted? When somebody looks at "your" woman? Smiles at her? Says something to her? If she has the gall to smile back? Do you hit her, then?

Lame.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
I personally hate jealousy and I don't like people who can't spell much better. Get a life. So, if he did hit on her, it didn't hurt her and it shouldn't have bothered you unless you are terribly insecure. Just stop and think for a moment, you do not own this young lady. You can't even call her your girl friend. The way you are headed she won't be your girlfriend for much longer, women don't like if when you make a fool of yourself over a situation like this. When you get out of high school, maybe things will look different to you...
Very productive. Thanks for the good advice.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:37 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,462,852 times
He's not to blame. Its the GF's problem, not his and not yours. Women have a responsibility to avoid even the appearance of flirting with someone period much less with the BF sitting right there. It is just as disrespectful as if you were flirting with some girl while she was cooling her heels. Tell her to check out the etiquette of it and if doesn't understand that by the third thing this DW said directly to her she needed to get some distance from him, dump her. Who needs a woman who disrespects her man in front of him.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:37 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,644,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
dark, what you consider flirting may truly just be her smiling and having a nice time TALKING period. just because it is a man doesn't mean she is flirting.

bigbad, grouping is way different than talking. I would have no problem with my man chatting up some woman, even...heaven forbid laughing with her...I trust him and I am confident I am the best thing out there for him
This is not what this is. The OP, myself and other gents in this thread know it too.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
So at what point do you start getting hamfisted? When somebody looks at "your" woman? Smiles at her? Says something to her? If she has the gall to smile back? Do you hit her, then?

Lame.
From this post I understand that women advice on this matters is not to be searched for. You imediatlly take a position like "you don't own her" or "she has the right to flirt". I have many times said that I do not FLIRT or even ENGAGE IN CONVERSATION with women that hit on me. I do expect the same.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:39 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
No man with any balls would ever let it get to that point. What, does he sit back and let you get punched or kicked before he intervenes? I'd be extra careful throwing drinks in men's faces as well. Some of them, that's just enough to set em off!

it comes down to individual integrity. a woman or man that is in a relationship knows how far to go when talking to someone else. no reason for a secure man or woman to worry about it.
women these days for the most part can tell a man hitting on them to buzz off perfectly fine without the help of her "man" if it got to the point the person wouldn't take the hint then she might want her man to tell the other to leave her alone. woman have the ability to handle some love struck stranger wanting to see if she is available on her own.
we do it all our lives

Old 02-12-2011, 08:40 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,644,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_analist View Post
Yeah... well I think the best way to deal with this is to talk with my GF. I think I will tell her:
Every person has good and bad sides. This is one of my bad sides. I'm sorry 'bout it... but I can't change how I feel. I really love her... and do trust her... but this guy really makes me unconfortable... and for this realtionship to work... we bouth have to feel confortable... so in my oppinion she has to restrict her interactions with him to the minimum. So if she does want this realtionship to work... she has to acept my bad sides too.... and this means when guys hit on her... she can't be all friednly with them. Sorry... but that just how it works.
What do you people think about this aproach?
Let BBJ put it this way. I'd never date women in this thread that thinks this type of behavior is ok. It's not!

Old 02-12-2011, 08:41 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_analist View Post
From this post I understand that women advice on this matters is not to be searched for. You imediatlly take a position like "you don't own her" or "she has the right to flirt". I have many times said that I do not FLIRT or even ENGAGE IN CONVERSATION with women that hit on me. I do expect the same.

re read your post...it is controlling. just because you conduct yourself one way you expect her to conduct herself the same. she is an individual and does not have to "act" the same as you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships