Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 10:43 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
You also need to take into account that women can change at the drop of a dime. She initiates the phone sex but puts the blame on you like you're trying to manipulate her. It's also possible that she's embarrassed by it and is using you as the scapegoat.

Don't put ALL women in one category or you're going to lose at love. Just like women can't put ALL men into the bad dog category. Setting yourself up for failure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 11:10 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,639,042 times
Yeah, I think I'm going to agree with you guys. She seems to have some baggage as well. She's been married before and divorced and also has two kids, so it makes me question why I am even bothering with her. I mean, I didn't want the fact that she was once married and has two kids let me shy away from her (which normally is the case with most women I know who have kids period), since we hit it off very well and I looked past all that. This really sucks because, as stupid as this may sound or be-I feel kind of bummed. I really thought me and her had something and I hadn't felt this way about a lady in a long time. Now, I just have to cut her out of my life, which is something I kind of don't want to do. I know that there's already plenty of women out there and I don't generalize women but stuff like this kind of makes me not want to put any effort into a relationship of any kind and makes me want to just isolate myself from the world. I'm starting to understand why some people aren't a "people's person" or why some introverts are they way they are. When human beings act like this, its freaking draining.

Old 02-13-2011, 11:24 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Well, another thing to consider. The night you had some moment together, she might have had a couple of glasses of wine, been feeling lonely or vulnerable, bored, tired, or whatever, and she simply succumbed despite her better judgment. I mean, who HASN'T done something like that in their single life?

In that sense, she's basically trying to tell you that she regrets doing the entire thing with you. It's not all about you, you know.

Old 02-13-2011, 11:30 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
This woman is not ready for a relationship, OR she is just not ready for one with you. Either way you are better off moving on.

Old 02-13-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, another thing to consider. The night you had some moment together, she might have had a couple of glasses of wine, been feeling lonely or vulnerable, bored, tired, or whatever, and she simply succumbed despite her better judgment. I mean, who HASN'T done something like that in their single life?

In that sense, she's basically trying to tell you that she regrets doing the entire thing with you. It's not all about you, you know.
Well, I have to consider my feelings too as she's considering hers.

Old 02-13-2011, 12:02 PM

Well, I want to get to the bottom of things with her so I think tonight before/if I just cut her off, I want to contact her and see where her head is at and get everything out in the open. I'm just the type that likes to talk about things and I want to let her know how I feel and give her a piece of my mind since she was more than happy to tell me how she felt. What do you people think about that idea?

Old 02-13-2011, 12:10 PM

Oh lord. I accidentally sent her a text about what I thought. I was writing it as a draft and by a mistake I hit the send button. Well, I'll just update any of you who are interested in what happens, and it doesn't look too good. Hehehe. :-/

Old 02-13-2011, 12:35 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
I also agree with Ulysses. This woman is emotionally immature. Emotional maturity is supposed to be a "plus" when it comes to dating an older woman. If you want to date an emotionally *immature* woman, you are better off dating one who is younger than you. Ditch her.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:11 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,397,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
Yeah, I think I'm going to agree with you guys. She seems to have some baggage as well. She's been married before and divorced and also has two kids, so it makes me question why I am even bothering with her. I mean, I didn't want the fact that she was once married and has two kids let me shy away from her (which normally is the case with most women I know who have kids period), since we hit it off very well and I looked past all that. This really sucks because, as stupid as this may sound or be-I feel kind of bummed. I really thought me and her had something and I hadn't felt this way about a lady in a long time. Now, I just have to cut her out of my life, which is something I kind of don't want to do. I know that there's already plenty of women out there and I don't generalize women but stuff like this kind of makes me not want to put any effort into a relationship of any kind and makes me want to just isolate myself from the world. I'm starting to understand why some people aren't a "people's person" or why some introverts are they way they are. When human beings act like this, its freaking draining.
You'd be a lot more bummed if you got into a very serious relationship with her and then this all came to the surface. I AM a very judgemental person and proud of it, and she sounds like the type of person that would cheat on you. Just giving you my honest opinion. I'm an introvert and love it! That's not to say I don't mind helping someone that genuinely needs or wants it, but by being judgemental and introverted it puts the guard up and allows me to see sh*t like this and make rationale, unemotional decisions.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:29 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,209 times
It sounds like she regrets the phone sex. And just because she isn't responding ASAP to every text and facebook message you send doesn't mean she's manipulating you. Relax, maybe she just wants to slow you down and get to know you at a pace that's more comfortable for her.

You say that you don't expect her to respond to you immediately, but it sounds to me like you actually do expect that. You sound needy and demanding.

Last edited by boodhabunny; 02-13-2011 at 01:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships