Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 12:26 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times

Advertisements

Yup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 12:29 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
happy valentines day to everyone
Back at 'cha

Old 02-14-2011, 12:29 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Liked this girl a lot and got interested in knowing her more. When I approached her for the first time I found out she was deaf-mute. We became friends and our friendship continued to grow. Fell in love and decided to study sign language for her. Didn’t care she was physically challenged. Didn’t feel embarrassed to go out with her at all. To hear her try to say my name always made my heart smile. It was a beautiful experience. I wish her well wherever she is now.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:32 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot Potato View Post
I love hearing that! I'm hopelessly in love with my fiance and love hearing that other people never lost a bit of that fire.
I feel badly for those who haven't yet found what I have Wish it was something everybody who deserves it could find!

Old 02-14-2011, 12:47 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Sort of. But my personality always tempers it with logic. . Plus, that is mostly the honeymoon phase and it DOES wane, if you think it won't or shouldn't you are setting yourself up for a huge problem years down the road. What you need to do at some point is stop concentrating on "how good this makes me feel" and start concentrating on "how good a life we can build together". Key to success right there.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:55 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,409,867 times
I have once. I was 19-almost 23 and felt so fortunate to experience love like that so young. Unfortunately his feelings changed while mine didn't so we didn't last. Some people say love like that happens once, but I don't want to believe that so I'm keeping hope that it will happen again someday.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:22 PM

471 posts, read 1,042,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Liked this girl a lot and got interested in knowing her more. When I approached her for the first time I found out she was deaf-mute. We became friends and our friendship continued to grow. Fell in love and decided to study sign language for her. Didn’t care she was physically challenged. Didn’t feel embarrassed to go out with her at all. To hear her try to say my name always made my heart smile. It was a beautiful experience. I wish her well wherever she is now.

Now that's a really cool story. Not many people have a heart warming story like this. I'm glad you got to experience that.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:35 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john-ever-learning View Post
Have you ever loved someone so much that when you look at them, just look at them, and you are filled with such emotion that you are rendered speechless? Or when asked by the person, "why do you lov me so much?" that you can think of so many answers that it feels like you will never run out of reasons as to why you're in love?

I am that way with my fiance. I am so 100% completely in love with her that there are times when I'm genuinely speechless. It's an amazing feeling. I wish everyone the chance to have this experience.

And if you have had this experience please tell us what it was like for you.
Awwwwww... that's soo cuuuuuuuute!

Happy Valentines Day!

Old 02-14-2011, 01:39 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,760,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john-ever-learning View Post
Have you ever loved someone so much that when you look at them, just look at them, and you are filled with such emotion that you are rendered speechless? Or when asked by the person, "why do you lov me so much?" that you can think of so many answers that it feels like you will never run out of reasons as to why you're in love?

I am that way with my fiance. I am so 100% completely in love with her that there are times when I'm genuinely speechless. It's an amazing feeling. I wish everyone the chance to have this experience.

And if you have had this experience please tell us what it was like for you.
Congrats; that's beautiful to hear!! All the best, and I genuinely do hope that you and your fiance continue to feel so in love with each other, every new day going forward from today

Old 02-14-2011, 01:58 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
I have once. I was 19-almost 23 and felt so fortunate to experience love like that so young. Unfortunately his feelings changed while mine didn't so we didn't last. Some people say love like that happens once, but I don't want to believe that so I'm keeping hope that it will happen again someday.
I walked into my house and my family, my kids, my wifes family, friends, were all there. I thought it was an intervention for my wife but it turned out it was for me. The message was I had to let go before I was destroyed as well and to save what was left of myself and what was left of our family for my kids. I had continued to love, refused to give up. Somewhere after that over time and many bad things love died and with it a part of me died as well. I accepted that I could not save my wife, I accepted what was to come.

Now I wonder if I can find what I have lost within as well as without. I keep hope because I believe there is love in me that I have and can give even though I cannot touch it now. I keep hope because I thiink that true love or soulmates happen when two people feel a love strong enough that they are able to let go completely, to give everything. I can do this, you can too, I believe it in the very core of my soul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships