Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 05:59 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,480,110 times

Advertisements

With the OP's beauty,humility and downright perfection, what man stands a chance?

Old 02-16-2011, 06:04 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,064,746 times
You probably can't meet a quality guy because you refer to yourself as a "fantasy girl". Honestly, a woman with REAL confidence doesn't have to make such proclimations.

Are you for real?

You make it sound like you DESERVE to have a good man and they should bow to you because you are some kind of trophy.

Change your attitude and you might attract nicer men.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:06 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,052,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheilaa28 View Post
Ok this is very confusing for me. I'm a normal pretty quality female...educated, beautiful, smart, cool funny etc...ive been told im 'amazing'...and most people think im so gorgeous and look like some actress..ive been told I look like angeline jolie, catherine zeta jones, shakira er whatever...I'm a model, but petite...beautiful body...I have confidence and think highly of myself but I come across as your everyday conservative soccer mom type...I dress normal jeans and a shirt...i dont dress up and wear skirts etc...I'm monogamous, caring, compassionate, down to earth etc. I dont care abotu money, dont play games, am honest....Ive been told I look like a fantasy girl for most guys..overall you think a guy would want to be with me and ive been told by lots of people "you dont have tons of guys chasing you-- youre so beautiful"? I don't get it.... yet...I can't meet a guy anywhere. I get on dating sites, chatlines...even eharmony recently. Ive been single all my life. Ive been on tons of dates...with guys who have absued insulted rejected me...mostly out of insecurity or what not.

No im not stuck up or have an attitude...the guys who abuse me are though. Men seem to not just be intimidated by me but extremely jealous and hateful towards me based on my appearance (natural beauty). What im explaining equates to men meeting natalie portman, insulting her then running off--i doubt that happens to her but it happens to me. I liken myself to her b/c I have a stunning beautiful look but also girl next door innocent. It makes no sense as to why men treat me this way and in 32 years of my life i havent been able to get a boyfriend. On top of that any guy I meet is trying painstakingly to get sex off me and bail and never talk to me again. So either, I get nothing or a creep looking to get laid right away and if he gets nothing he doesnt talk to me again. No guy has ever asked me out- when I tell people that they are shocked....Im always alone...i have no friends b/c women hate me too. No guy has thought...ok...shes gorgeous beautiful single, sweet, caring nice... and single...let me try to date her? never...Ive been told im so amazing and any guy that gets me will be lucky....Ive been told im "too beautiful" By men who have abused me... so even if youre super beautiful or just normal or what not...how do u meet a guy in a society full of psychos rejects and jerks...who either only want sex, or are so insecure they cant handle being around you?? most men reject me (fantasy girl) , find some non-flaw in me (omg, your shoes are white not brown, I like brown-- BYEEEE B*TCH)!!! youre so weirddd!! then theyre datnig a drug addict who steals from them and say "my last Gf...was a drug addict who stole everything from me and ran off with another guy"...no faults with her...but with me....super sweet gorgeous girl...Oh...I breathed the wrong way so thats grounds to insult me and run off (on a first date)....does this happen to other women and what is someone supposed to do. Basically most guys see me...are freaking out....cuz im pretty...cant handle it or who knows what...and either insult or reject me...or dont talk to me again. Even guys who know im single never try to talk to me or do anything with me except try to get laid....it just doesn't make sense.... I dont thikn i am "that" pretty...or that intimidating...im petite and normal... I look like any petite normal pretty girl... yet I don't get treated like one... I find it odd that in 32 years and 100+ dates...im unable to get a relationship, boyfriend and only meet jerks who try to get a one time sexual encounter off me and never talk to me again....use my beauty for sex.. and my kindness to try to manipulate me...and not even ongoing sexual encounters.... or just men who insult me and run off...many males...ive even been out on dates with and are chatting with-- will begin being really mean to me...for no reason and even saying "oh i bet u hate me now"...they seem to try to sabotage a chance with me...and eventually I get tired of the bad attitude and stop talking to them-- but it seems it's what they wanted anyway...so it makes no sense (one person who did that recently said during the date I was the perfect woman)...I dont get how guys can meet a dream girl...and such a nice girl...and then just treat her so badly...and thats it...and try to use her too...some men get really mean for no reason...very abusive or cruel and insult me call me names...downright nasty for no reason...

it also seems like the more controlling psycho stuck up maen a girl is, the better chances she can meet a guy cuz guys fall for thsoe kind of women. Ive only been nice sweet kind and that seems to get me nowhere-- not that im goign to change but most guys I talk to seem to have no interest in that except using it to manipulate me. Do men just like crazy flawed women and hate pretty amazing nice women or are just that insecure...it makes no sense...

and please no insults...ive heard them all from the freaks and jerks in society....No its nothing im doing....even a crack ***** can get a boyfriend but beautiful nice girls seemingly are having problems? and the more mean and stuck up the girl the more chances the guy will like her-- cuz guys seem to like mean psycho women who play games but abuse the sweet pretty girls....not sure why and that's why this is confusing...

Sorry, but I think everyone can see from your post what the problem is, and it's not the guys.

It sounds like they (the guys) can't tolerate your personality for more than one date, before they want to pull their teeth out.

Your best bet is to find another self-obsessed model, because most of the other men won't put up with a bad personality, unless they are a doormat, want sex from you, or have just as bad of a personality.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:23 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheilaa28 View Post
and please no insults...ive heard them all from the freaks and jerks in society....No its nothing im doing....even a crack ***** can get a boyfriend but beautiful nice girls seemingly are having problems? and the more mean and stuck up the girl the more chances the guy will like her-- cuz guys seem to like mean psycho women who play games but abuse the sweet pretty girls....not sure why and that's why this is confusing...
Sorry I am that you are suffering.

Lets look at the logic of your problem.
  • You are a beautiful, sweet nice girl any guy would consider his dream girl.
  • You are a model of petite size (How petite?)
  • You are attracting only flakes and guys that want to use you for sex and dump you afterwards.
  • You are understandably bitter because you do not attract relationship minded guys.
Since by your admission it can not be your looks and also it can not be your personality, that leaves the type of guys you are meeting. It is a truism of fishing that you can not catch a quality fish in a cesspool. I would therefore assume you are dangling the bait in the wrong places.

Unfortunately you are now at the age (32) that many women will find problems with finding a steady partner. Men will know that you are in the "nesting stage" and be wary. So you need to hone your game and go find the guys that are less likely to pursue you. These guys will not be hanging around bars and clubs. They will be out and about doing things to get by in this world. Many of them will look upon your beauty and assume you are unavailable to them. Either from falsely thinking that good looks means bad personality or simply that you would not be interested in the common run of the mill guy. Quite a few will simply not be interested unless you are part of their everyday scenery and have gotten to know you well.

So in conclusion you will need some hard work and research to find a guy that is nice. You may need to look elsewhere (since where you are looking now is not producing results).

Good fortune.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:28 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
Sorry, but I think everyone can see from your post what the problem is, and it's not the guys.

It sounds like they (the guys) can't tolerate your personality for more than one date, before they want to pull their teeth out.

Your best bet is to find another self-obsessed model, because most of the other men won't put up with a bad personality, unless they are a doormat, want sex from you, or have just as bad of a personality.

LOL No comments

Old 02-16-2011, 06:35 AM

471 posts, read 1,042,414 times
Ok, I agree there are guys out there that put women on pedestals and set upon them expectations that can't possibly be met. It sounds like you're finding these guys.

Also, it sounds, to me, like you're really full of yourself and that will project out to anyone. Any time you feel you're better than anyone and aren't shy about sharing that feeling, people will resent it. This goes for women who would be your friend and men who would date you.

If you're finding men who are abusive or so insecure they can't be with you, then I believe you should ask yourself, why do you keep attracting these types of men. I say, take some time off for introspection. Find out what it is you truly want and why it is you feel the need to tell the world how beautiful you are. Like why can't you accept yourself without having to tell people how great you are. It stands to reason that people aren't completely stupid and can figure it out on their own. Let them.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:48 AM

243 posts, read 395,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
You probably can't meet a quality guy because you refer to yourself as a "fantasy girl". Honestly, a woman with REAL confidence doesn't have to make such proclimations.

Are you for real?

You make it sound like you DESERVE to have a good man and they should bow to you because you are some kind of trophy.

Change your attitude and you might attract nicer men.

I am going to have to agree with SIX here. Looks are great and believe me, men are visual, so that is important, but in order to keep a man interested in dating or more, there has to be more. Confidence, intelligence and the ability to carry on a conversation about something other than yourself is very important.

On dates, if you talk about your modeling day or YOU, YOU, YOU, that won't get you anywhere.

Not to mention, this thread is USELESS WITHOUT PICS!!! (surely my friends didn't think I went all serious for the whole post)

Old 02-16-2011, 06:51 AM

471 posts, read 1,042,414 times
If you would like some help witht this, just listen to the Toby Keith song, I wanna talk about me.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:54 AM

95 posts, read 227,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john-ever-learning View Post
Ok, I agree there are guys out there that put women on pedestals and set upon them expectations that can't possibly be met. It sounds like you're finding these guys.
Really? Because to me it just sounds like she's convinced herself she's an Oscar winning actress or Latin pop star, despite, as Julia commented, those four women having nothing in common. Likely the expectations of those guys are that she be a decent person, not a self absorbed twit. All I'm hearing is "I'm so freaking perfect, and guys still treat me like crap."

I can't imagine why. Oh wait, I can. There are tons of not-as-stunningly-beautiful women, or better yet, women who don't go around boasting about their perfection, who have great personalities. Every guy I've ever met is going to go after the girl with the great personality, not the potentially better looking stuck up brat. Granted, they might want to sleep with the stuck up hottie, but not spend their time with her.

I agree though, it's time for some serious reflection. No one is that perfect, even you. Remember that.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:09 AM

817 posts, read 810,920 times
I have the same problem the other way round, I am in decent shape, fit, athletic, very social and outgoing, offer nice advise to my friends whenever they seek one from me, and never flake out on them. And I have never met a decent woman in my life, I have almost given up looking for them, and reconciling to the fact that I am perhaps destined to lead a single life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships