Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you see yourselfs?
Totally independent from men 18 46.15%
Mostlly independent from men 16 41.03%
A little independent from men 3 7.69%
Mostlly dependent on men 1 2.56%
Totally dependent on men 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 01:16 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
You (a guy) fixed another guy's car. It's not like a guy is moving out and will go call women for help. No, he will call guys or a service where guys will be sent to help. If women want to have something built in their house, they will call a service that requires men to do that job. Men are needed. I may not have the knowledge to work on my car but if I take my car to the mechanic, I will need a man's help.

Can women try to help? Sure, I don't see why not. I remember when I moved to Japan. My ex was not carrying heavy boxes with me and my buddies but she was labeling them, organizing a spread sheet, carrying lighter boxes to the truck, etc. A man could have done her job but she tried to help and her help was welcomed .

Sure, there are exceptions.
I'm a woman.
A woman who is an ASE certified technician. A woman who is not too far off from earning her A&P certificate. A woman whose MALE friends call her when their cars break down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 01:30 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,645,107 times
Quote:
You (a guy) fixed another guy's car. It's not like a guy is moving out and will go call women for help. No, he will call guys or a service where guys will be sent to help. If women want to have something built in their house, they will call a service that requires men to do that job. Men are needed. I may not have the knowledge to work on my car but if I take my car to the mechanic, I will need a man's help.

Can women try to help? Sure, I don't see why not. I remember when I moved to Japan. My ex was not carrying heavy boxes with me and my buddies but she was labeling them, organizing a spread sheet, carrying lighter boxes to the truck, etc. A man could have done her job but she tried to help and her help was welcomed .

Sure, there are exceptions.
I think it is catch 22 on BOTH men and women thinking like this. I don't NEED a man for ANYTHING! Oh really? You are that good huh? I haven't even begun to get into the really "hard" stuff! The same goes for men. I don't NEED a woman for ANYTHING. Oh really? You are that good huh? Well, I'm NOT and am not afraid to say it. They could leave me in the dust in those types of areas. We NEED each other!

Old 02-18-2011, 01:45 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
I know how to cook "guy" stuff just fine. Like using the Weber grill for steaks, BBQ chicken, pork chops etc. I know how to make homemade pizza and a lot of other stuff. I can add a hand and offer help but most of the time THEY are much better at it. The same goes for women. Sure she can screw in a light bulb or perhaps change her own oil, but can she hone cylinder walls, gap piston rings, get into the electrical service panel and replace or add a breaker? Admitting it is the first step to recovery.
LOL, good one...no I can't do any of those things, that's why I have a darn good mechanic, best I've ever had...actually...

your a hoot...

still laughing....

ok, ok, I'm recovering....
hi there, my name is creme and I'm a recovering loneaholic

Old 02-18-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
LOL, good one...no I can't do any of those things, that's why I have a darn good mechanic, best I've ever had...actually...

your a hoot...

still laughing....

ok, ok, I'm recovering....
hi there, my name is creme and I'm a recovering loneaholic
Just like the old Uncle Sam slogan........... "ladies, someone WANTS you!" Stop playing so hard to get!

Old 02-18-2011, 01:53 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
Just like the old Uncle Sam slogan........... "ladies, someone WANTS you!" Stop playing so hard to get!

or was it......
Ladies, start your engines...?????

Old 02-18-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
or was it......
Ladies, start your engines...?????
Haha!

Old 02-18-2011, 03:53 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'm a woman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
A woman who is an ASE certified technician. A woman who is not too far off from earning her A&P certificate. A woman whose MALE friends call her when their cars break down.

A woman who happens to be the exception I have mentioned before already. Still, sooner or later you will need a man to carry your furniture when you move, to walk you to your car after the party, etc. Or you have already received that help. It’s like a woman coming here to say she is a Navy Seal. She will still be an exception as Navy Seals are MOSTLY men. Women are not as capable as men when it comes to things that require physical strength/force. That is why it is no surprise how women NEED men. Are you an exception? Good!

To say “A man needs a woman so he can eat” or something, it’s not true. A man can be lazy if there is a woman at home and let her go to the kitchen to fix him a sammich while he watches the game. But if there is no woman at home, he will stand up and fix himself a sammich. For women, if a man is home, she can just expect him to work it to move the furniture around if needed. If there is no man at home, she will still call men to help her out. See the difference?

Old 02-18-2011, 04:16 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:

A woman who happens to be the exception I have mentioned before already. Still, sooner or later you will need a man to carry your furniture when you move, to walk you to your car after the party, etc. Or you have already received that help. It’s like a woman coming here to say she is a Navy Seal. She will still be an exception as Navy Seals are MOSTLY men. Women are not as capable as men when it comes to things that require physical strength/force. That is why it is no surprise how women NEED men. Are you an exception? Good!

To say “A man needs a woman so he can eat” or something, it’s not true. A man can be lazy if there is a woman at home and let her go to the kitchen to fix him a sammich while he watches the game. But if there is no woman at home, he will stand up and fix himself a sammich. For women, if a man is home, she can just expect him to work it to move the furniture around if needed. If there is no man at home, she will still call men to help her out. See the difference?
And most men cannot carry a full size couch by themselves. Why couldn't two women? I mean, that's what I did when I moved. Me and two of my girlfriends moved the majority of my furniture without a problem.

I live on my own, no roommates, no 'man'. I put up my backyard fencing by myself, designed and built my veggie gardens (with the use of a bobcat, which was trailered AND driven by me) and I basically take care of myself. If I do need help with anything, I call whoever is best at what I need. Sometimes it's a man, sometimes it's a woman but the gender has no bearing on it.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:27 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
JetJockey,
Call yourself GI Jane. How many GI Jane’s do we hear of, almost none but she did exist, right? Well, if you really really really can do without men, that’s quite interesting. And also you don’t need men to pay for your meals or ask you out because you do those things for yourself and also for men (without putting them through the so called initial/beginning stages, probation periods, etc.). More power to ya’. There are always exceptions to the rule.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:48 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Everyone needs help sometimes. Yes, even men need to call someone to help them carry and lift things, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships