Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 05:37 AM

499 posts, read 891,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
so in a way is the media and society supporting being promiscuous?y
yes. so everybody is thinking about sex everywhere. Everybody is making out with everybody I think sex should be a game between married couples to strenghten their relation and of couse to take pleasure. People are reactive to prostitues but they do this job without money - I know everybody will get mad at me because of my thoughts but i'm not afraid - Of course this is a preference and i can't step in that. And here is a different point of view. Media is trying to make us think only about sex or famous people's life. So we don't see what is going on in the world. Media is succesful in detaining us. And governments can do whatever they want =)

I may not understand your point because of my English but these are my opinions about sex and media =)

Last edited by whoowhoo; 02-19-2011 at 06:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2011, 06:01 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,196,265 times
Quote:
i just thought that it was... i dont know how to say it, maybe backwards is the right term, or maybe conundrum, either way the other day i was watching a cops show and two uncover cops posed as prostitutes to catch disgusting men who are sometimes, well most of the time, married or have a spouse, trying to pick them up to pay for sex. and then i thought to myself...

its illegal for a woman/male to sell his/her body for money in exchange for sexual activities. however if that same person were to pull up next to the prostitute and just say for example the prostitute was just being promiscuous and wanting to have sex, keep in mind for nothing, no money no nothing, its not illegal. so whats illegal is not being promiscuous but for getting paid to be promiscuous.

so if prostitutes want something in exchange for sexual actions, thats illegal but if not, thats perfectly fine. its ok and accepted by society. i also find it ironic that in certain parts of the world prostitution is legal and a 'profession'.

i then feared that one day that same concept will be accepted around the world. it will no longer be looked down on but rather b seen as a profession. personally this disgust me, and i dont support prostitution or being promiscuous. but it seems more and more women are being seen as sexual icons in society.

you cant turn on the tv without seeing a naked woman selling dove soap for a commercial, or some young woman with a tight, revealing shirt on trying to promote a "late nite chat hotline" please, no one is calling that number to chat or find someone to spend the rest of their life with, theyre calling for a one nite stand. and even going out to the store, mothers and young women are revealing their breast and legs, etc. so in a way is the media and society supporting being promiscuous?

i once heard a man that gave a really good example of how i think. he said that a man and woman go to a bar and she sees the man and notices he has the same beer so they lock eyes and she smiles at him then he walks over and starts talking to her. then later on that woman invites him to her apartment and he can do whatever he wants, in the sense of being sexual, and then its 12 o'clock or 1 o'clock at night and he leaves. when he leaves he's hungry so he pulls up to a mcdonalds and orders a small fry and she says 99 cents. so he pulls up to the window and he realizes he forgot his wallet. the person says you have no money, then you get no fries.that same man who had that women he just met for free and yet he cant afford a small bag of greasy fries from mcdonalds. its unbelievable. he cant get any girl he wants, and not literally any girl, but any girl in a sense that is promiscuous.

this is not unheard of. free sex. a one night stand. no strings attached.

it may just be me but i wondered if anyone else felt the same way
I got news for ya Ethel, sex is here to stay just like rock and roll. Hunker in, do what you think is right, and mind your own business. Oh, and maybe stop watching TV so much.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:15 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,621,557 times
Quote:
its not a desire to return to "victorian" times, its just, in my opinion, how bad society has gotten that in some parts of the world prostitution is allowed. think of your daughters, your mother, your aunts, your grandchildren given the "right" to sell their bodies to complete strangers. if this is an "amish" concept then its one i would approve of because by you saying "i dont approve of people not having public sex" meaning you approve of people having public sex says a lot about your mind set.
I don't think it is so much that it is "allowed" as it is uncontrollable. If Prohibition taught us anything it is that if people want something they will find a way to get it, regardless of its legal status.

Quote:
however the main thing i was trying to say is that if a "free" prostitute were to "give herself away" is not legal but as soon as she charges someone it is, whether the government wants part of the money or not, i think thats wrong, but thats my opinion.
So your disagreement is with the government, not the prostitutes themselves?

What about street drugs? If I went to a dealer and he didn't charge me for it, would that be wrong? Or is it the usage of that drug that is wrong?

I'm sorry, but I'm getting the impression that this is merely a rant against prostitution, and all your talk of government, money etc. is a smoke screen.

Quote:
you can agree or disagree but that was the point. as far being "amish" and going back to "victorian times" im sure that if you did some research the way women dressed back then there was less rape, less molestation, less std's, etc. etc.
There was also more death from childhood disease, squalid living conditions, wives were seen as property...yes, those were truly "the good ol' days".

"There was less rape, STDs, etc. etc."...perhaps. But perhaps it was just the fact that there was a smaller population and the media coverage was far less efficient and comprehensive.

Quote:
the more people are promiscuous, the faster and more std's spread. the more children go without a mother or father, the more children are put into foster homes (if they even get that) the more abortions, etc etc.

these things come from being promiscuous so i believe that the conns greatly outweigh the "pros" of being promiscuous. a one night stand you have "fun" and thats it. but peoples lives get ruined by these actions. and im not saying all the time something bad happens but im definately saying it could have been avoided.
OK, now I think I get your point - you're against promiscuity. Understood. Although, you do have a certain way of linking together a sequence of events that supports your dislike without acknowledging other possible cause-and-effect relationships.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:45 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times
Quote:
........its just, in my opinion, how bad society has gotten that in some parts of the world prostitution is allowed. think of your daughters, your mother, your aunts, your grandchildren given the "right" to sell their bodies to complete strangers.............
Doesn't that apply to virtually ANY profession? A Doctor "sells" his time, hi knowledge, and his body one patient at a time.

All I can say is "Thank You" to all the wives, daughters, grandmothers, aunts, cousins and grand children that have enriched my life.....just for semantics sake, a stranger is a friend I haven't met yet.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:54 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna in AZ View Post
A promiscuous woman is getting what she wants, whatever the motive. Same as the guy. I could make hamburgers and give them out for free but if I charge money, oooh, I need a license and better report it to the I.R.S. When it comes to the law, anytime money is exchanged for services, the gov wants a part of it. It's not about morality but money.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:27 AM

513 posts, read 897,268 times
if prostitution means accepting goods/favors/money for sex, then all women are prostitutes. no matter what the man is going to be paying for sex. it may be in the form of gifts, housework, dinner, a movie, etc.. but he is paying for it.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:38 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
This appears to be a rather judgmental and uneducated opinion. There are many places prostitution is legal and controlled, yes even in the USA. Exactly why would you call the men who do business with a prostitute "disgusting" ? Are you aware there are just as many women who frequent the use of male prostitutes? There are many loveless and sexless marriages, the use provided by professionals create a release for those afflicted.
Sorry...I am not a prude...but in most situations the customers aren't "afflicted" with anything but horniness and lust. (Not saying there are a small percentage of people who truly can't get human companionship any other way, you are right about that.) Also "just as many women use male prostitutes"???? I don't think so. Again, that would be a tiny tiny percentage compared to men.
It is a business catering to horny men. That's just a fact. I am not about to feel sorry for the johns.
I do, however feel sorry for the MAJORITY of prostitutes who are locked into the business with little hope of getting out.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:42 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Quite honestly I think I have more admiration for a prostitute that earns her wages than a woman who marries some guy simply for the security and the house and the car.
but isn't that prostitution in and of itself???????????/

Old 02-19-2011, 09:43 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Streetwalkers often need help. They tend to have very short life-spans, often they are more victims than anything, they are very often on drugs, they are beaten by their pimps, and the strangers can be murderers or necrophiles that will kill them.

Getting them off the street by arresting them often won't work, but it might give them a chance to get away from it and decide they want help, young girls 15 to 16 years of age might decide to go back to their families and escape that life.

There is probably too little help for the victims of sex trafficking - many of these girls and women are robbed of their earnings by their pimps.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:47 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillesux View Post
if prostitution means accepting goods/favors/money for sex, then all women are prostitutes. no matter what the man is going to be paying for sex. it may be in the form of gifts, housework, dinner, a movie, etc.. but he is paying for it.
Nice attitude about women there.
If a man is providing goods/favors/money and expecting sex in return then he is a john and no better than the hooker you are claiming all women are.

In polite society- the person asking for a date is expected to pay for the date. The goal of the date is to enjoy spending time and getting to know the other person with the possible goal of sharing your lives together. Once you become a 'team'- the aim is to do things to make the other person happy for their sake- which makes you happy in return.

Reducing all that to "hey I bought your dinner now you owe me sex"- is terribly sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships