U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-20-2011, 05:20 PM
 
Location: Fort Bend County
2,527 posts, read 5,062,738 times
Reputation: 2158

Advertisements

Hey y'all, I've been avoiding the relationships board for awhile, mostly because I haven't had a lot of romantic interests going on in my personal life but I have new news: to make a long story short, I let this guy I've been dating touch me down there for the first time last night, no clothes were off, just my panties...I told him I didn't want to be just a "fling" for him & he told me that he wanted me for more than that, we've been talking since November & I feel like he was honest & that I can be myself around him...I just didn't want to feel slutty. That's all that's happened, the most we've done is kiss/make out. No other fooling around, etc. etc. He's 10 yrs older than I am & much more experienced & comfortable with exploring his sexuality than I am (I'm in my early '20s, he's in his early '30s) & he says he knows women have needs/desires too & he's not judging me for it...he's kind of a liberal guy, & I'm somewhat traditional (even though letting him feel me up wasn't a "nice girl" thing to do) Was it slutty/wrong of me that I let him touch me & he fondled my breasts (albeit clothed) a little bit? & do you think he really doesn't believe in the double standard for women?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-20-2011, 05:25 PM
 
2,179 posts, read 2,897,700 times
Reputation: 2574
This is not to be hurtful or facetious even, but is this how a lot of 23 yr. old girls think today? Are most women your age virgins? I really just don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2011, 05:28 PM
 
Location: South FL
9,444 posts, read 15,413,256 times
Reputation: 8031
Oh my gosh. You are such a ****.

Kidding!!!!

Look, you are a grown woman and you can do whatever you want with your body. I understand that you are worried about looking "bad" to a guy, but this kind of insecurity is not very appealing. I'm guessing it comes from lack of experience and being shy by nature, correct me if I'm wrong.

Evaluate your relationship with the guy, see how much you like him and then proceed accordingly. However, once you make a decision to let him please you, do it with confidence and no regrets. The last thing a guy wants to hear while he is fondling you is "Oh my gosh, don't think bad of me...i'm really not that type of girl, please don't use me, don't use me". Otherwise, it's better to not do it at all.

I'm guessing that he is old enough and experienced enough not to play games and judge you by your actions.

PS: not to mention that there is nothing wrong with your actions whatsoever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2011, 05:28 PM
 
Location: Fort Bend County
2,527 posts, read 5,062,738 times
Reputation: 2158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Humble View Post
This is not to be hurtful or facetious even, but is this how a lot of 23 yr. old girls think today? Are most women your age virgins? I really just don't know.
I'll be 23 soon, I'm still 22. Given my background, I've always been a "late bloomer" when it comes to things like this. Plenty of my friends are "faster" than I am when it comes to sexual stuff. So, I don't get what you're asking really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2011, 05:34 PM
 
2,179 posts, read 2,897,700 times
Reputation: 2574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
I'll be 23 soon, I'm still 22. Given my background, I've always been a "late bloomer" when it comes to things like this. Plenty of my friends are "faster" than I am when it comes to sexual stuff. So, I don't get what you're asking really?
Just surprised, that's all. You seem very young for your age. I'm not saying it's bad or passing judgment at all, and it's not that you're a virgin that caught me off guard, but it's just the way you seem, very sheltered, I guess is the right word. Again, not disparaging; you have plenty of time to get old and jaded.. like the rest of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2011, 05:37 PM
 
3,573 posts, read 5,643,646 times
Reputation: 3442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
Hey y'all, I've been avoiding the relationships board for awhile, mostly because I haven't had a lot of romantic interests going on in my personal life but I have new news: to make a long story short, I let this guy I've been dating touch me down there for the first time last night, no clothes were off, just my panties...I told him I didn't want to be just a "fling" for him & he told me that he wanted me for more than that, we've been talking since November & I feel like he was honest & that I can be myself around him...I just didn't want to feel slutty. That's all that's happened, the most we've done is kiss/make out. No other fooling around, etc. etc. He's 10 yrs older than I am & much more experienced & comfortable with exploring his sexuality than I am (I'm in my early '20s, he's in his early '30s) & he says he knows women have needs/desires too & he's not judging me for it...he's kind of a liberal guy, & I'm somewhat traditional (even though letting him feel me up wasn't a "nice girl" thing to do) Was it slutty/wrong of me that I let him touch me & he fondled my breasts (albeit clothed) a little bit? & do you think he really doesn't believe in the double standard for women?
You're human and you're doing fine. No sluttiness at all. You're taking it slow and you've got a guy that is understanding. Sounds good to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2011, 05:38 PM
 
3,573 posts, read 5,643,646 times
Reputation: 3442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Humble View Post
Just surprised, that's all. You seem very young for your age. I'm not saying it's bad or passing judgment at all, and it's not that you're a virgin that caught me off guard, but it's just the way you seem, very sheltered, I guess is the right word. Again, not disparaging; you have plenty of time to get old and jaded.. like the rest of us.
Well, Mr. Humble, there are more virgins both girls and boys then what the media will have you think. There are quite a bit of them out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2011, 05:39 PM
 
1,646 posts, read 2,115,410 times
Reputation: 860
Read his actions, not his words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2011, 05:46 PM
 
Location: NC
1,696 posts, read 3,994,734 times
Reputation: 1862
only you will know how far to go and when. as long as he respects those boundaries and doesnt try to pressure you into something before youre ready for it, youll be fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2011, 05:48 PM
 
Location: Fort Bend County
2,527 posts, read 5,062,738 times
Reputation: 2158
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
Read his actions, not his words.
Yeah, I was trying to do that last night. It was difficult though when 2 people are in "heat" so to speak, Lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:47 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top