Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2011, 07:28 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,471,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
>implying that's like saying "go get some food" to a person who's hungry

The only girls available for hunting nearby are high schoolers. The downtown area of my suburb is mostly populated by them and people in their 30s+ on Fridays.

Going to school is out of the question, because I don't have my car and I don't want to rely on the ****ty Metro. Not to mention I don't wanna be some creepy ****ing loner walking around trying to find friends/girls. I'd gladly uh 'hunt girls' if I had a few buddies to go to a party with.

god I ****ing hate commuting so ****ing much, I better get into on-campus housing next semester or these next 3 years are going to suck
A related thought...

I wonder if I came across as a creepy loner at the beginning of college. I picked a college where I knew no one. It's not my fault that I didn't know anyone, so I sure would hate it if people thought I was a creepy loner.

Quote:
Nothin. I've got a strong feeling I've been relegated to the dreaded friend zone with her it's a pain in the ass. Every time I want to ask her out to something, she's always got something else going on. **** me I can't get a break in life.
Ah, the friend zone. I've noticed some girls put me in the friend zone fairly quickly. At least they want to be my friend. But it sure would be nice if a girl liked me in "that way."

Quote:
feeling sick, and have nothing to do tonight... again

**** my life
I don't want to come across as someone that's saying "you need to quit smoking"

But smoking weakens your immune system. Think about it...

I thought you wanted to quit smoking for a girl anyway. And you said you would like your dad to quit smoking.

Again, I'm not trying to be confrontational, so don't interpret my post that way.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:47 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
http://www.oregonfishingforum.com/attachments/sturgeon-fishing-oregon/17167d1301687964-sturgeon-success-4sturgeon.jpg (broken link)

Old 04-01-2011, 07:53 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,060 times
Thats a good day Hawk!

Old 04-01-2011, 08:22 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,691,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
A related thought...

I wonder if I came across as a creepy loner at the beginning of college. I picked a college where I knew no one. It's not my fault that I didn't know anyone, so I sure would hate it if people thought I was a creepy loner.

Ah, the friend zone. I've noticed some girls put me in the friend zone fairly quickly. At least they want to be my friend. But it sure would be nice if a girl liked me in "that way."

I don't want to come across as someone that's saying "you need to quit smoking"

But smoking weakens your immune system. Think about it...

I thought you wanted to quit smoking for a girl anyway. And you said you would like your dad to quit smoking.

Again, I'm not trying to be confrontational, so don't interpret my post that way.
-Doubt it, most people go to college not knowing anyone. Hell even if you go to your local state school where a bunch of high school friends went, if it's big enough then it doesn't matter. I know there are like 5 people from my high school who go to my uni (and since each grade in my HS was about 100 people, that's a fair amount) but there are 30,000 undergrads here and I've only ever seen one of them.

-Yeah. And sometimes I feel like it's the worst friend zone... the 'talk in class and do homework but otherwise do nothing else with' friend

-Yep, smoking's a ***** and I should quit. Sadly I just bought a pack a few minutes ago :| dumbest decision I've ever made was to buy that first pack of Reds when I was 18.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:30 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,471,003 times
Quote:
-Doubt it, most people go to college not knowing anyone. Hell even if you go to your local state school where a bunch of high school friends went, if it's big enough then it doesn't matter. I know there are like 5 people from my high school who go to my uni (and since each grade in my HS was about 100 people, that's a fair amount) but there are 30,000 undergrads here and I've only ever seen one of them.

-Yeah. And sometimes I feel like it's the worst friend zone... the 'talk in class and do homework but otherwise do nothing else with' friend

-Yep, smoking's a ***** and I should quit. Sadly I just bought a pack a few minutes ago :| dumbest decision I've ever made was to buy that first pack of Reds when I was 18.
Is there a reason you made that decision? Just wondering.

People tried to get me to smoke when I was 16, and I gave it some thought, but I ultimately decided against it.

You're rare in the sense that you waited until you were 18. A lot of smokers I know developed the habit before they were 18.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:50 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,691,376 times
I had just turned 18, one of the people I was hanging with asked me to buy a pack for him (since he was 17), he offered me one and I was already kinda drunk so I figured why not. I liked the buzz, next thing I know I'm having a few a day.

Funny thing is I used to be pretty anti-smoking and thought "wow, you have to be an idiot to pick up smoking in this day and age." Guess it's easy to judge when you haven't been there yourself.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:18 AM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
I thought ministers were supposed to spread peace and tolerance....you know..... all the good stuff that jesus talked about.

NYT: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution - US news - The New York Times - msnbc.com

Old 04-02-2011, 12:21 AM

67 posts, read 121,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I thought ministers were supposed to spread peace and tolerance....you know..... all the good stuff that jesus talked about.

NYT: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution - US news - The New York Times - msnbc.com
Well, jesus was a carpenter, I thought? Oh, wait, I know he was a Capricorn! Was he really a pastor?

Old 04-02-2011, 12:27 AM

9,930 posts, read 13,925,363 times
Jesus was an Aries.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:28 AM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquene View Post
Well, jesus was a carpenter, I thought? Oh, wait, I know he was a Capricorn! Was he really a pastor?
LOL, I don't know if he was a pastor, but the spirit of what he preached seems to have been lost......

I'm not a religious person,,, but I could get behind what jesus was talking about....

But like usual, man has a way of distorting things........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships