U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-27-2011, 09:56 PM

24,522 posts, read 14,217,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
She's SD's bird...an African Grey. She doesn't like me, but she tells me she loves me. LOL She also yells at the dogs. Haha.
I was just catching up on my relationship chat reading and saw this and was laughing. When I was in high school I worked in a men's clothing store at the mall with this little, old jewish man. He'd lost his whole family in the Holocaust when he was younger, but was he ever funny!

There was a pet store across the hall from us and they kept myna bird out in the hallway that could say hello and a couple other things. Once a day, religiously, this man I worked with would wander across the hallway and lean into that cage and whisper 'F-You' to the bird. This went on for a few months every day. One time we were outside the store and saw him coming back he had taken his glases off and was wiping tears from his eyes from laughing so hard - the bird finally said it back to him. The next thing you know that bird was saying it to EVERYBODY who walked by and it was bye-bye birdie.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:57 PM

17,845 posts, read 16,928,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Yeah, Natalie Portman is pregnant.

I plan to see Black Swan and maybe The Social Network. I have no idea what that King's Speech is about as I'm not into movies about royalties at all and was mildly annoyed by it getting so many awards.
The King's Speech was amazing. I guessed that it would snag a Best Pic Oscar when I walked out of the theater. I'm a huge fan of European theater, so this move was right up my alley.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:59 PM

18,657 posts, read 14,276,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
. True Grit was better the the Original. Watch the John Wayne original then go see the new version. The worst about the original was Glen Campbell who was really bad. Matt Damon does a much better job in that role.

The Kings Speech sure has gotten a lot of press lately.
I enjoyed True Grit. I was impressed with Jeff Bridges and Hailee Steinfeld.

You are right. Glen Campbell did a really poor job in the 69 version. I thought Damon did a good job, but not his best performance

Old 02-27-2011, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Oh, well...

Darn, I haven't seen the rest of the movies, but I was really hoping he'd win and he didn't. I thought he deserved it.
I saw True Grit, The Kings Speech, and The Social Network. I think Jeff Bridges did an amazing job, but Colin Firth deserved it. (I'm happy - I love Colin!!).

Old 02-27-2011, 10:02 PM

5,142 posts, read 3,060,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I was just catching up on my relationship chat reading and saw this and was laughing. When I was in high school I worked in a men's clothing store at the mall with this little, old jewish man. He'd lost his whole family in the Holocaust when he was younger, but was he ever funny!

There was a pet store across the hall from us and they kept myna bird out in the hallway that could say hello and a couple other things. Once a day, religiously, this man I worked with would wander across the hallway and lean into that cage and whisper 'F-You' to the bird. This went on for a few months every day. One time we were outside the store and saw him coming back he had taken his glases off and was wiping tears from his eyes from laughing so hard - the bird finally said it back to him. The next thing you know that bird was saying it to EVERYBODY who walked by and it was bye-bye birdie.
I'm really trying to watch my language! However, the dogs have been cooped up and naughty, so I am expecting the bird to yell "GD" any day now. What really cracks me up are her phone conversations. She does the beep of the answering machine, and then you hear "Hello? Oookay. Okay, that's no problem. Uh huh. That's no problem." I LMAO every time!

Old 02-27-2011, 10:02 PM

Quote:
True Grit was better the the Original. Watch the John Wayne original then go see the new version. The worst about the original was Glen Campbell who was really bad. Matt Damon does a much better job in that role.

The Kings Speech sure has gotten a lot of press lately.
Yanno I took my parents to see True Grit, and they were disappointed! The greatly preferred the John Wayne version. I love the original too, but I think this one was better.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:03 PM

42,846 posts, read 53,447,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I saw True Grit, The Kings Speech, and The Social Network. I think Jeff Bridges did an amazing job, but Colin Firth deserved it. (I'm happy - I love Colin!!).
Wow, The Social Network is already available on Netflix. That's fast!

Old 02-27-2011, 10:05 PM

17,732 posts, read 16,533,141 times
Quote:
Nitie-nite, kitty! Time for the mice to play!
I understand JJ is now headed out to the all night Oscar parties on her private jet. She didn't even invite us, her best friends.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:07 PM

17,732 posts, read 16,533,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Yanno I took my parents to see True Grit, and they were disappointed! The greatly preferred the John Wayne version. I love the original too, but I think this one was better.
I'm a big John Wayne fan and glad he won on it, but Jeff plays a much more crusty old fart as I suspect it was meant to be played.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:07 PM

42,846 posts, read 53,447,137 times
Quote:
I understand JJ is now headed out to the all night Oscar parties on her private jet. She didn't even invite us, her best friends.
Oh, is that right...?! Well, she mentioned she had plans for world domination...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships