Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2011, 05:22 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
LOL.....I'm happy with this thread as more posters find it........."game on"......that's funny.

P.S......I love my football......just to shake up a few stereotyoes..

Here's a new Gay Dating Link>>>>>

Dating questions? Ask the Setup Squad! | Expert Advice from 365gay.com

(Man is that guy "hot")
Mmm, nice shoulders there, Jonathan.

(I'm a sucker for shoulders and arms. I just want to squeeeeeze them.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 09:34 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
I haven't posted anything in this thread because I'm not gay.

I do however, really want to say I support gay and lesbian rights and all the gay and lesbians I have known (well except a couple of meanies), are wonderful people.

My brother is gay and has been since he was a little boy. My parents accepted his lifestyle and always embraced his chosen partner.

I love my gay friends, they are funny and kind and shock horror...normal

Old 03-03-2011, 09:35 AM

4,036 posts, read 9,244,748 times
Moderator cut: snip

So I have a real question. What do you do about a guy who you only like as a friend but he wants to be more than friends? Would like to remain friends but the inuendo is getting annoying.

Last edited by JustJulia; 03-03-2011 at 02:33 PM..

Old 03-03-2011, 09:37 AM

4,036 posts, read 9,244,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I haven't posted anything in this thread because I'm not gay.

I do however, really want to say I support gay and lesbian rights and all the gay and lesbians I have known (well except a couple of meanies), are wonderful people.

My brother is gay and has been since he was a little boy. My parents accepted his lifestyle and always embraced his chosen partner.

I love my gay friends, they are funny and kind and shock horror...normal
That's real nice.

I try to be normal but the rest of the world won't let me haha.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:42 AM

138 posts, read 219,550 times
I understand why lesbians are lesbians. Women are SO fine! How could anyone not like them? And to be honest,some men can really act obnoxious. So I understand why some women would be turned off by them. Now gay men is another issue entirely. I dont understand it! I dont understand how a dude could be turned on by another dude. But thats ok. People are what they are.As a matter of fact I think more dudes should go gay so I have less competition for the straight ladies!

Old 03-03-2011, 09:44 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,525,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence81 View Post
Enough. I thought this was supposed to be about asking real questions dealing with relationships. Not about giving ill-meaning straights yet another place to get on their homophobic soap boxes.

So I have a real question. What do you do about a guy who you only like as a friend but he wants to be more than friends? Would like to remain friends but the inuendo is getting annoying.
I'd tell him you love/like him as a friend....value him in your life....but you have no romantic inclinations as far as he is concerned......and you want to remain friends but are becoming uncomfortable with his advances.

IF he understands and accepts that explanation....then give him a big, plutonic HUG!

Old 03-03-2011, 09:49 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,681 times
For the life of me, I never could understand how "Christians" like to tell everyone how to live, who to love, what to wear, etc. and they are the worse humans alive. MYOB and let everyone live. Also with straight men, I've never understood why they are afraid of gay men. Just let everyone live the way they want to live if they are not hurting anyone or throwing their beliefs at everyone.

I don't care if you are gay, straight or polka dotted. Really it's the person that matters.

Moderator cut: Removed reference to deleted comments.

It would be nice if everyone could get along but I know that's hoping for too much. You'd think humans would be more advance by now with our views.

Last edited by JustJulia; 03-03-2011 at 03:10 PM..

Old 03-03-2011, 09:57 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
For the life of me, I never could understand how "Christians" like to tell everyone how to live, who to love, what to wear, etc.
I agree with you when it comes to religious groups: Christians, Muslims, etc. Why force others to follow their faith, right? I also find it annoying to have gays force others to support them or they’ll insult them, finger point, etc. It’s like, if you don’t cheer for them than you are hateful, close minded, bigot, a-hole/*****, afraid/phobic, etc.

Quote:
I've never understood why they are afraid of gay men
Not supporting them doesn’t make one frightful of them. Let’s say you don’t support the lifestyle of a party girl/guy who is drunk most of the time. Does it make you hateful, afraid, etc.? No. You just don’t cheer for that person.

Quote:
Just let everyone live the way they want to live if they are not hurting anyone or throwing their beliefs at everyone
I would tell religious people to live and let live the same way I would tell gays and their supporters. Respect goes both ways and respect doesn’t necessarily mean for anybody to support religious groups or gays.

Moderator cut: Removed reference to deleted comments.

Last edited by JustJulia; 03-03-2011 at 03:11 PM..

Old 03-03-2011, 03:18 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
A separate thread about whether gay people were "born that way" was merged with this thread, and that heated debate disrupted what has been a generally peaceful conversation here. That debate has been removed, and I'm not reopening it. If people would like to debate that issue, please take it to Politics & Other Controversies, or perhaps Great Debates. It's not germane to Relationships.

Game on.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:14 PM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't mean this with any disrespect, but, it seems like some gay people's whole identities are tied to their sexuality.... IDK, I don't feel it's the same for straight people.... I don't know, perhaps it's the minority status of it all, but it just seems like some gays, everything about them is linked to their gayness, for lack of a a better term...
What heterosexuals who say this don't understand is the leve of shame involved in being gay. It is a really BIG DEAL to break that sense of shame...and some people inevitably go overboard with it as a reaction to the repression they expreienced when they were young.

Heterosexuals don't understand this becuase heterosexuality is the norm and is assumed.

But I do agree, some gays go way too far with it. But when gays are treated as true equals, socially and legally, this problem of making a big deal of one's sexual orientation will go away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships