Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2011, 10:21 AM

399 posts, read 974,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Straight guys often exude more masculinity and toughness than gay guys, therefore they tend to be attractive to gay men.
I think that's mostly in gay guys' heads. All men are masculine (even the "queeny" ones). I've known gay guys who will go absolutely nuts over a guy they think is straight, but the minute they find out he's gay, he immediately stops being "masculine" in their eyes, and they lose all interest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 04:05 PM

181 posts, read 234,131 times
This is funny, but I would rather it be switched to 1 guy and 5 lesbians.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:29 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,521,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali1234 View Post
This is funny, but I would rather it be switched to 1 guy and 5 lesbians.
Not nearly as entertaining though!

Old 11-03-2011, 12:17 PM

181 posts, read 234,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
You asked for it. I presume you watch television...read magazines.....the majority of everything revolves around sex......ever watch any commercials.....sex sells.......and it's straight sex......boobs, butts and beavers. Women showing enough cleavage to rival any cantelope....you can't be serious. Ever watch a football game......those cheerleaders aren't there for moral support!

The thing is in the straight world you are oblivious to it...you expect it...you don't even notice it. As a gay male...I'm outside the mainstream.....believe me...straight society revolves around sex even more than gay culture. Since you are not used to seeing gay people on TV etc...it seems "extreme" to you because it's different and you are zeroing in on it.

Sex in advertising - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Like that KY commercial for straight folks...give me a break! .

K-Y Yours+Mine - YouTube

That's a great point!
The idea is that the gay/lesbian population only concentrates on... being gay. If you look at it from the gay/ lesbian perspective and imagine the only thing on tv/movies/media is gay and lesbian relationships and sex. All the time that is all you are exposed to, it would no longer be seen as abnormal.
The heterosexual majority does not see it as strange because it mirrors their life. I don't think people stop to think what if it didn't mirror your life. The media all around constantly shows the "normal" society that looks nothing like my life.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:54 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,521,282 times
Quote:
That's a great point!
The idea is that the gay/lesbian population only concentrates on... being gay. If you look at it from the gay/ lesbian perspective and imagine the only thing on tv/movies/media is gay and lesbian relationships and sex. All the time that is all you are exposed to, it would no longer be seen as abnormal.
The heterosexual majority does not see it as strange because it mirrors their life. I don't think people stop to think what if it didn't mirror your life. The media all around constantly shows the "normal" society that looks nothing like my life.
I totally agree many people never "stop and thing".........just "jump to judge".

If they looked at things with an open mind they would see we are correct and it's some straight people who always equate anything gay......meaning something sexual in nature.

Like when Santorum was asked about D.A.D.T. during the Republican debates and he goes off on a wild eyed gay sex rant rather than simply answering the question.

Mirrors never lie but there seems to be a shortage of them in some households.

Old 11-19-2011, 08:37 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,745,539 times
I have always wondered if us asexuals are classified as LBGT or "straight"?

Old 11-19-2011, 08:46 AM

66 posts, read 195,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
LGBT basically means outside of the mainstream sexualities and genders... they keep adding letters onto it.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:15 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Neither. An asexual, is asexual. They essentially lack a sexual orientation.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:36 PM

Essentially none of the above? So far every asexual I have met was extremely tolerant of gays and other variants. I have yet to meet an intolerant asexual. Personally I have had and have a few friends who have a homosexual orientation.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:44 PM

Quote:
That's a great point!
You would think that with all that straight influence gays would be extinct. The saying that "sex sells" probably explains why advertising seems to not influence my purchases at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships