Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 02:25 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,644,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
From my experiences.....gay folks are very LOYAL if they are treated fairly and with respect....we always give repeat business to "cool" people. We shop at a hardware store in center city...the owner is always helpful to us even though we are obviously a gay couple....so we always give him all our business...and he referred us to our plumber...who works with his wife. Though they did ask us(plumbers) about our Brokeback Mountain Movie Marquee...I had framed...ROFL. . Then I showed them our orchids blooming in our garden.. What can I say....I do like plants/flowers..
They know I am good and that I was honest with parts needed as well. I explained in detail why "this" part was bad, how much it was and how long will it take. I think that my honesty went a long way. I also gave them the old parts back in the new box to reassure them that, YES, I did replace them. I could tell that they might have been taken advantage of before. I made sure that they weren't AGAIN!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 10:19 AM

7,284 posts, read 12,921,932 times
Quote:
(1) I already answered that......most gay men love women...we call our female buddies "faghags".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/***_hag

(2) NO.....

(3) Yes and No....If you're a straight guy I don't think you'd like discussing my sexual escapades; therefore we talk amongst ourselves about certain things. Just like you would...or do you talk to gay guys about who you banged????? Though I've had many straight women ask me questions about guys in general. So it's a cultural thing....though I've had cool straight guys I could discuss intimate things with....we ALL usually go to our own "camps".

I have NO problem with questions... but IMHO.....your last post was purposely hostile and confrontational....and I won't tolerate that type of rhetoric!
I am sorry you took my original questions posed as hostile, they were not intended to be so . . . my observations come from a period of time when I was a *** hag. I loved my friend, dearly, and hung out with he and his lover and friends whenever I could. My friend was very friendly to women . . .that was not the issue . . . the issue was a kind of hostile group behavior . . .I only saw it when he was with other gay people . . . his lover and other gay males in attendance made fun of women, ridiculed them . . . what was interesting is that this took place in the company of two women (me and another friend of ours) . . . it seemed that because we had joined them that we were in their world . . . and it was not friendly to "the feminine."

I love gay males (I know that sounds crazy and stereotypical but it is the *** hag syndrome). Gay males make the best friends for women . . . what attracted me was the intellect of my friend, the sense of style, the ability to connect with emotions . . . what you don't get with straight males, basically.

I have not been to The Castro for many years, but was very uncomfortable when there . . . the overt, in-your-face sexuality . . . it did not feel welcoming to straights or female-friendly, and maybe that is how it is supposed to be . . . I don't know how gay women might experience it.

I have heard it said that the overt sexuality is only male energy gone rampant . . . that all males WOULD act like gay males in that regard if they could get away with it. . .straight males can't get away with it because they cannot afford to offend females in that way because it would reduce their supply.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:38 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,178,163 times
Quote:
....but there is a vile bunch of thugs here who jump on the word gay every time they see it...we all know who they are and why they really do it>>>>>
Just so you are prepared, there are a vile bunch of thugs in here who jump on everything in here and doesn't matter what the subject matter is. Just hope you can see the difference between these general troublmakers before playing the 'gay bash' card.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:58 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,553,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
I am sorry you took my original questions posed as hostile, they were not intended to be so . . . my observations come from a period of time when I was a *** hag. I loved my friend, dearly, and hung out with he and his lover and friends whenever I could. My friend was very friendly to women . . .that was not the issue . . . the issue was a kind of hostile group behavior . . .I only saw it when he was with other gay people . . . his lover and other gay males in attendance made fun of women, ridiculed them . . . what was interesting is that this took place in the company of two women (me and another friend of ours) . . . it seemed that because we had joined them that we were in their world . . . and it was not friendly to "the feminine."

I love gay males (I know that sounds crazy and stereotypical but it is the *** hag syndrome). Gay males make the best friends for women . . . what attracted me was the intellect of my friend, the sense of style, the ability to connect with emotions . . . what you don't get with straight males, basically.

I have not been to The Castro for many years, but was very uncomfortable when there . . . the overt, in-your-face sexuality . . . it did not feel welcoming to straights or female-friendly, and maybe that is how it is supposed to be . . . I don't know how gay women might experience it.

I have heard it said that the overt sexuality is only male energy gone rampant . . . that all males WOULD act like gay males in that regard if they could get away with it. . .straight males can't get away with it because they cannot afford to offend females in that way because it would reduce their supply.
as a ***-hag myself who might also be labelled as bisexual (although my serious relationships have always been with men and I've never been in love with a woman), I must say that I've been to Castro, Chueca (Madrid, Spain) and other gay areas and I've never really felt uncomfortable. It might be my sexuality, but it was gay males only or mostly that I was surrounded by in those places so I don't know.

On the other hand, I've on occasion (rarely, though) perceived the hostility, or should I say some comments that are shocking, you mention when a group of gay males talk about women, but I tend to take it light-heartedly because, to be fair and as you say, they make wonderful friends and they always remain completely respectful and loyal when it's required. I'm sure many of them have to put up with much more unpleasant comments routinely, including comments coming from friends.

Disclaimer: Generalizations are rude, I know, but I am always referring to the gay guys that I am proud to call friends, including one of my brothers.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:53 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,046,728 times
hey gays, straight guy here

always had a crush of sorts on George Michael, since 6th grade when Faith came out. Mostly, I want to be like him

recently felt the same way about Freddie Mercury

love their confidence and stage presence

since I love to dance, I envy Michael's moves

one of my fantasies is to perform at the local gay club's drag/talent show and lip sync I want your sex

don't have any questions though

Old 02-25-2011, 02:01 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,046,728 times
ok, I watched the video. I found the guys annoying, but not as annoying as the chick. The black guy and guy with dark hair weren't as annoying

Old 02-25-2011, 05:23 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,186,004 times
Keep this thread PG13 and no bashing ANYONE.. If you have nothing of value to add then move along.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:12 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
Quote:
I don't believe you are gay...otherwise you'd have enough brains to realize we are all different...and that there is NO gay lifestyle...plus you didn't even have the balls to answer your profile marital status question....which most gay guys would!
He IS gay! And I totally agree with his assessment, for the record.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:57 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,023,557 times
Quote:
Listen up...my mind ain't lazy.....I'll challenge you anytime in the Science Forum! I don't believe you are gay...otherwise you'd have enough brains to realize we are all different...and that there is NO gay lifestyle...plus you didn't even have the balls to answer your profile marital status question....which most gay guys would!
In a previous post, you stated that you've been wrong many times in guessing who's Gay. So add one more to your tally!

I'll challenge you anytime on any of the Astrology threads!

Marital status question? When the day comes!

Last edited by tijlover; 02-25-2011 at 07:58 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 02-25-2011, 09:26 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,108,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Gays love to complain about having equality and then turn around and segregate themselves from the rest of this message board by creating a "just for us gays" thread.

Makes no sense to me at all.

There have been plenty of threads posted that pertain to same sex relationships and everyone comments on them, not only gays.

The more gays want to be considered "just like everyone else" they go and do something to separate themselves from everyone else, which keeps them seen as outsiders and DIFFERENT from "normal" people.

Keep it up.

Y'all must really love being with your "own" so much or that even on a message board you feel so "different" that you have to create "your space" here too.

What's the problem?
I guess in reality gays deal with different issues.
I mean, I never had a discussion of my sexuality with my parents.
Never have I been in a relationship where it was a problem for either party.

Plus I'm allowed to publicly declare my commitment to someone, put my SO's photo on my desk without raising an eyebrow, bring them to parties and so on. All aspects of a relationship.

It could be a good space for young gay forum members to confidently ask questions.

Therefore, to answer your question, I don't see a problem at all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships