Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 12:31 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,859,963 times

Advertisements

im going to stick up for the OP he may be conceited/cocky, but at LEAST he isnt another so called 'nice guy' that is super insecure and is close to 40 with no relationship experience. If a women had to choose between someone like the OP and the really insecure guy, they typically go for the conceited guy. Both are bad but at least the conceited guy has confidence (albeit too much confidence.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 02:16 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,232,266 times
Goodlooking people can look ugly to me in a flash after they open their mouths. Physical beauty, to me, is merely an attraction and doesn't do squat to "hold" my interest.

On the other hand, I've met people who were plain and even homely at a glance, but once they smile or talk they brighten up and look appealing.

Yes, I think the OP is quite young, and he's on his way to learning that physical attraction can be very short-lived on its own.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:56 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,681,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
Goodlooking people can look ugly to me in a flash after they open their mouths. Physical beauty, to me, is merely an attraction and doesn't do squat to "hold" my interest.

On the other hand, I've met people who were plain and even homely at a glance, but once they smile or talk they brighten up and look appealing.

Yes, I think the OP is quite young, and he's on his way to learning that physical attraction can be very short-lived on its own.
Absolutely right Bluesmama! To me though, it's always kind of odd...I don't know why, when I meet someone who is very lovely or extremely "cute" and angelic looking, whether male of female, and then they open their mouths and ....well, you just can see how the face goes with the personality! It's kind of like seeing a professional-looking man, handsome, well put together, gentle-looking face, who opens his mouth and starts talking like a merchant marine, one of the most foul-mouthed, coarse, merchant marines. Just as shocking is the adorable little cutesie pie young ladies who opens her mouth and out comes a string of profanities and dialogues that would make a sailor blush. Again...the fact that doesn't match the personality. LOL

I get such a warm feeling thinking about people as you're describing in your second paragraph. Yes, some of the most beautiful people out there are not housed in the most beautiful packages, and yet they are truly the most beautiful...after all!

Old 02-28-2011, 04:04 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,598,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
And naturally I'm the most critical of the things/people I love
WTH does this mean? If you're the most critical of people you love....aww, forget it. Not even going there.

Good luck, pal. You're gonna need it.

Old 03-01-2011, 02:16 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,232,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
I don't know why, when I meet someone who is very lovely or extremely "cute" and angelic looking, whether male of female, and then they open their mouths and ....well, you just can see how the face goes with the personality! It's kind of like seeing a professional-looking man, handsome, well put together, gentle-looking face, who opens his mouth and starts talking like a merchant marine, one of the most foul-mouthed, coarse, merchant marines. Just as shocking is the adorable little cutesie pie young ladies who opens her mouth and out comes a string of profanities and dialogues that would make a sailor blush. Again...the fact that doesn't match the personality. LOL
Yep.

And then there are voices that are so mismatched with the appearances that it's distracting. Fran Drescher is a good example. Some people find her voice charming in its own way. But my husband simply cannot stand to listen to her. If she's on our screen he either flips the channel or walks out of the room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships