U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 04:03 AM

30 posts, read 66,023 times
Default Girls : What is your opinion on dating an indian man?

[First of all Mods. if you think i have posted a wrong thread or in a wrong forum please delete it]

Hi,
I am Indian man. Do you think i fit in the criteria of American girls for dating or i am totally out of league?

Here are some details.

*I am 6 ft tall.
*I am slim.
*I have black eyes and hair and light brown skin color.
*I have college degree.
*I know decent amount of English.
*I am having a $120k/yr job.
*I do not have any major disease.
*I am born in a "Hindu" religion family but i am very liberal and also open to any religion other than islam (sorry to any muslim but it's a personal family matter and i am not racist.)

My parents are very open about my gf/wife and they are more than happy to accept any American girl as their daughter in law provided that she has a good moral character.
I am personally a laid back person. I am vegetarian but that doesn't mean that she needs to be a veggie. I love to eat different types of food which includes chinese, indian, mexicon etc. I am non smoker and i drink only on occasions.

I am a fun person and i can make a woman laugh. I know majority of American customs/styles. I would integrate into her friends circle and would expect same from her. (Although i would try to spend more time together with her)
I would love to have a woman who is caring, loving and mature. She can expect same from me. I need a someone who is completely honest with me and with whom i can share a high level of personal communication. (and of course she could expect same from me).

I am ready to compromise to a greater level for our relationship to work. I mean for example : Watching her favorite show on TV while missing my favorite sports game or something. I want to her occasional surprises/gift/cooking for her or make her happy.
I also think that small things make a relationship better. I always try to understand her feelings. For example : I can understand that she needs a coffee and i would make a coffee for her even if she doesn't tell me and i would love to see her smile! I would love to remain with her when she is going through bad times or is in bad health situation. I would do my best to help her or at least provide an emotional support.

I am also a nature lover and would love to be with her on a 1 week long romantic vacation at any beautiful natural location. I am always a progressive guy and would help her/praise her to achieve her goals in her life.
I want her to feel that their is somebody who is loving you selflessly and waiting for you (when is not around) and her to feel the kind of warmth, love and affection that every woman desires from a man (when she is around).

I would love! love! and love! if she could get a good relationship with my parents (as they are also like me) and agrees that they would live with us (or at least near us). She could also expect same from me and i would be happy if her parents also live with us (or near us).
If she cooks for me, i would feel like a "Prince". As the saying goes "The way to the man's heart goes through his stomach". If she takes a little bit of interest in learning my culture (language and some style), i would feel that i am the "Luckiest person on this earth".

After we marry, i would love to have our child and i would love to take care of her during her pregnancy. I always believe that a caring husband during pregnancy makes the situation easy for woman and brings more depth and trust to the relationship.

So what do you think? Do you think i fit in the criteria of American girls for dating and future husband?

Last edited by Gujuboy; 02-27-2011 at 04:21 AM..

Old 02-27-2011, 04:18 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,711,597 times
Sorry to interfere, Gujuboy, but I just wanted to assure you that you have come to the correct place. I am personally knowing quite a few of the CD ladies that have been telling me for many times how they are interesting in an Indian man or another of the Asian men to have marriage and children with. I will not be giving of their names until they have come to tell you themselves of their great excitement and interest. It only helps more if you have a very nice Indian home for them in which to come to reside; best of course is when it is in the house of your mother and your father. If you are having the many brothers and the sisters living in this house then well, that is so much better for the many of the CD ladies that are hoping to be good daughter in law to yours and to anxiously learn to prepare the many kinds of Indian meals, of course while also tending to the livestock and keeping the very beautiful family house immaculate as well. I think you will soon find too many of these ladies to answer and to come to live with you. And since it is that you earn a very substantial income this is for your benefit as well, as I am personally knowing that many of the CD ladies will need above all to see cash up front.. Good luck, my friend!!

Oh, and please excuse but I am to wonder if you were also to send one beautiful Indian woman to me to use as well?

Old 02-27-2011, 04:18 AM

7,088 posts, read 6,191,426 times
Ok that should be a winner with the ladies then, goodluck! I'm watching India v England in the cricket right now.

Old 02-27-2011, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Ok that should be a winner with the ladies then, goodluck! I'm watching India v England in the cricket right now.
Yes, sachin is at 96!
Update : 100 completed.
Update 2 : Sachin is out at 120

Well, so i am also revealing here that i love cricket (a British game and not an insect)

Last edited by Gujuboy; 02-27-2011 at 04:52 AM..

Old 02-27-2011, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Humble View Post
Sorry to interfere, Gujuboy, but I just wanted to assure you that you have come to the correct place. I am personally knowing quite a few of the CD ladies that have been telling me for many times how they are interesting in an Indian man or another of the Asian men to have marriage and children with. I will not be giving of their names until they have come to tell you themselves of their great excitement and interest. It only helps more if you have a very nice Indian home for them in which to come to reside; best of course is when it is in the house of your mother and your father. If you are having the many brothers and the sisters living in this house then well, that is so much better for the many of the CD ladies that are hoping to be good daughter in law to yours and to anxiously learn to prepare the many kinds of Indian meals, of course while also tending to the livestock and keeping the very beautiful family house immaculate as well. I think you will soon find too many of these ladies to answer and to come to live with you. And since it is that you earn a very substantial income this is for your benefit as well, as I am personally knowing that many of the CD ladies will need above all to see cash up front.. Good luck, my friend!!
Hi Mr Humble,
Thanks for that. First of all i was thinking who are "CD ladies". Now i come to know city data ladies!
Well, i want my parents to live with me. I also think that "Daughter in law" in an Indian family plays the most imp. role in keeping a family together. Well, i don't have any brothers and sisters. I have 2 houses in India but my plan is to settle down in US with my parents as i have a high paying job and friendly people here.

Quote:
Oh, and please excuse but I am to wonder if you were also to send one beautiful Indian woman to me to use as well?
Just curious about your above statement. What do you mean "Indian woman to me to use as well"

Well i am hoping that you mean different when you said "use". I mean woman are not material "use and throw". I hope you were asking for a serious dating/relationship with Indian Woman.

Well, New Jersey,california, dallas has a large population of indians. You may get to meet a nice indian girl. Just make sure that you say a few words in her language and she would be impressed instantly.

We Indians (men and women both) get impressed easily when any foreigner speaks our language.

But make sure you know from which part she is from as India has 23 local languages out of which most common is "Hindi" but my first language is "Gujarati", so i would love more if any foreign girl speaks few words in Gujarati rather than Hindi.

Last edited by Gujuboy; 02-27-2011 at 05:01 AM..

Old 02-27-2011, 05:36 AM

1,696 posts, read 2,214,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gujuboy View Post
Well, i want my parents to live with me. I also think that "Daughter in law" in an Indian family plays the most imp. role in keeping a family together.
if this is something you are telling women before even dating them... this could be part of the problem. They don't even know you, much less want to think about the *possibility* of your parents living with the both of you and taking care of them. At best, most women (depending on their age) *might* be thinking about marriage and a baby, but *most* are not thinking about helping the in laws

extended families (here) aren't as common as they are in other parts of the world.

my hubby is japanese. right after we got married my inlaws moved in (unexpectedly, they literally showed up on our doorstep). until i kicked them out. (due to my father in law, mom in law is nice enough). I gave hubby the choice - them or me. and i meant every word of it, and he knew it. His father was very traditional and felt that it was HIS house. Having invested $40,000 of my OWN money (at age 20) for the down payment of the home, i felt very different.

They went and lived with their daughter, who also kicked them out within a few months. After father in law passed away, mom in law moved in with the youngest daughter and her hubby. Shes still there (as far as i know, we dont speak to them anymore).

American women, in general (imo), do not place much emphasis on the nationality of men, especially when you are fairly americanized. Perhaps you are thinking (and saying) too much about the future of the relationship at this point. It sounds like youre a great guy (a lot like my hubby in fact, he makes me coffee twice a day, and gets me flowers all the time LOL). Maybe don't try so hard. I wasn't interested in my hubby until he 'stopped' trying to 'get' me... LOL

Old 02-27-2011, 06:01 AM

3,458 posts, read 3,546,802 times
Sounds like perfect husband material to me esp if you are in science or engineering. I'm East Asian - American and I really don't see a problem with what you posted (except I want to eat more curries ha ha). I don't see why you think you would have a problem. Even the vegetarian thing is fine with me.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:10 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,621,691 times
Sure, why not?

Old 02-27-2011, 07:02 AM

2,015 posts, read 1,796,872 times
Pic please.

Old 02-27-2011, 07:38 AM

3,312 posts, read 1,695,177 times
Quote:

Hahaha.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships