Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2011, 04:25 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,206,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgeek20 View Post
good "personality" (from a womans perspective)= rich/famous/high status.
You guys really need to get over this ridiculous insecurity you have about women only wanting a rich man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 04:39 PM

59 posts, read 104,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
You guys really need to get over this ridiculous insecurity you have about women only wanting a rich man.
I agree, I actually know more men that are into money than women. Most women just want a hardworking man, not so much a rich man.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:44 PM

59 posts, read 104,364 times
Quote:
When I first met my boyfriend I wasn’t attracted to him at all. He was much older and overweight, but his personality shone through and I fell in love with him. My friends were shocked when they met him but they got to see what I saw in him, after they themselves spent some time with him.

What do you want from us? You start a thread asking women to list what they are physically attracted to in men, then say any woman who says she goes for personality first is a LIAR. Then when I remind you what your thread was about you ask me a silly question like this.
I know what you mean. I've met men that I wasn't attracted to at first, but their personality won me over. A great personality can make up for average looks, etc., especially a sense of humor. Truly, funny guys are awesome.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:56 PM

610 posts, read 1,293,619 times
Quote:
And others need to know a joke when they see it...

Old 03-03-2011, 05:00 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,753,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Well, I would be lying if I said that. But every woman is different, and many will tell you that when they first met their partners, they weren't remotely attracted to them, "but he got cuter as I got to know him."

I think even Shannon Tweed said that about Gene Simmons. All that money and all that tongue, and she still wanted nothing to do with him at first.
You still have to find someone attractive for him to get the foot in the door.

You mean he got 'more' attractive a you got to know him.

There are a few exception if the guy has lot of assets/money.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
When I first met my boyfriend I wasn’t attracted to him at all. He was much older and overweight, but his personality shone through and I fell in love with him. My friends were shocked when they met him but they got to see what I saw in him, after they themselves spent some time with him.

What do you want from us? You start a thread asking women to list what they are physically attracted to in men, then say any woman who says she goes for personality first is a LIAR. Then when I remind you what your thread was about you ask me a silly question like this.
How would you define your looks?

I do know from experience that overweight women are not so picky then the slim ones.

I already know what women want. I just wanted to see the responses anyway and for others on this board to read.

Most celebrities date another celebrity. Why is that? Would a professional model settle for an average joe?

Old 03-03-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
good "personality" (from a womans perspective)= rich/famous/high status.
Exactly. Never believe what they say. Always follow the actions because Action speak louder then words.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
And others need to know a joke when they see it...

Soooo you don’t think women want a rich man then? It was all a big joke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
How would you define your looks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post

I do know from experience that overweight women are not so picky then the slim ones.

I like the way I look. Very long straight black hair, green eyes, about 116 pounds, D’s.

I didn’t tell you that my friends looked at me funny when we got together for no reason.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:17 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,778,204 times
Quote:

Soooo you don’t think women want a rich man then? It was all a big joke?

I like the way I look. Very long straight black hair, green eyes, about 116 pounds, D’s.

I didn’t tell you that my friends looked at me funny when we got together for no reason.
I don't know you, but I like the way you look too from that description!

Old 03-03-2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
I don't know you, but I like the way you look too from that description!
Most men do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships