Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 11:19 PM

98 posts, read 189,160 times

Advertisements

He could say he's into guyliner...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 11:32 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,455,696 times
Oh yeah, for the "Johnny Depp" lovers..... sensitive, metrosexual and "mysterious".... good one (LOL)!!

Old 03-04-2011, 08:05 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,336,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Easily approachable, I am the kind of man people seem comfortable to be around. Whether its taking a comedy class or learning a new Salsa step, I'm always up for an adventure. I see staying active as part of a healthy, balanced way of life. I enjoy going to concerts, sporting events, or dinner as much as staying in with a bottle of wine and a good movie. I'm handy in the kitchen, but I'd love it if you could cook with me.

I recently started volunteering as a Big Brother and really enjoy mentoring a kid who has never known his Father. I believe I'm making a positive difference in his life. Ultimately, I'm looking to settle down and have a family of my own.

My must haves: a woman who's down to earth, outgoing, health conscious, and a good communicator. Nothing's sexier than a woman who understands how to balance serious and silly. If you can laugh at the ridiculousness of life, online dating, and yourself, I'd like to get to know you better.

for fun:
Weekend getaways, college/pro football (Falcons), watching movies, hanging out with friends, working out, spending time with my "Little Brother".

my religion:
I go to Buckhead Church.

my education:
I am a CFA charterholder. For those who don't know, its an extremely challenging designation to get. Its the equivalent to a MBA in Investment Management.

favorite hot spots:
I love to travel and would like to do more of it. I prefer tropical climates, but also like to go skiing. My favorite vacation spot is Greece. I don't do the club scene anymore (will go see a band on occasion), but prefer casual neighborhood bars.

favorite things:
Rescue Me, Modern Family, Friday Night Lights, 80's music, U2, Frisbee on the beach, travel, pizza, a good bottle of red wine, FSU/Falcon football, live music, my cat, movies, the first days of Fall, making people laugh, sleeping in, sporting events

last read:
A few recent reads are: The 4 Agreements, Emotional Intelligence, Too Big to Fail, How Yoga Works. Read the Wall Street Journal daily

my pets:
Grew up with dogs and have a cat. I'm an animal lover.
86 the big brother thing... I always found those people weird... always coming to class taking out the screw-ups who are the ones that NEED to be in class as much as possible. Just say you volunteer... But at any rate different photos with more of your body is what really matters.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:19 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
86 the big brother thing... I always found those people weird... always coming to class taking out the screw-ups who are the ones that NEED to be in class as much as possible. Just say you volunteer... But at any rate different photos with more of your body is what really matters.
Its not about taking out screw ups. Its about mentoring a kid with no Father. Very different than what you're thinking. But I can take it out if others perceptions are like yours. I have gotten some positive feedback on that, however.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:24 AM

I can see where they're coming from with someone taking the big brother thing the wrong way. I don't see a problem with it.

But maybe think about it like this. Maybe a really nice lady dated a guy who did the big brother thing. Maybe she found out that he was a big screw up. So that puts a negative thought into her head straight up and she may not even contact/reply to you.

Agreed, if you just put that you volunteer with children, she might contact/reply. Conversations start, she's interested, you tell her about the extent of volunteering, she's kind of put off, you are able to explain, she sees that not all men are the same.. she falls in love, you get married, have babies, and end up on rocking chairs at 90. =) Win win! lol

*Note: The big brother thing is very honorable!

Old 03-04-2011, 09:07 AM

Geez, maybe you two should just get together and settle this once and for all! Who knows, and I've sure seen "curiouser" successful couples before. Just think, Atlguy's got the "smarts" and Mandy could help "improve" him!

Old 03-04-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Geez, maybe you two should just get together and settle this once and for all! Who knows, and I've sure seen "curiouser" successful couples before. Just think, Atlguy's got the "smarts" and Mandy could help "improve" him!
I'm done making babies. No more for me! So I don't qualify. lol

Old 03-04-2011, 09:55 AM

881 posts, read 2,253,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
I have 4 other pictures, mostly with friends. Mandy, you've convinced me to change my primary picture. I will change it on here too. I understand I'm really opening myself up for a world of hurt here, but here is my Match profile:

Easily approachable, I am the kind of man people seem comfortable to be around. Whether its taking a comedy class or learning a new Salsa step, I'm always up for an adventure. I see staying active as part of a healthy, balanced way of life. I enjoy going to concerts, sporting events, or dinner as much as staying in with a bottle of wine and a good movie. I'm handy in the kitchen, but I'd love it if you could cook with me.

I recently started volunteering as a Big Brother and really enjoy mentoring a kid who has never known his Father. I believe I'm making a positive difference in his life. Ultimately, I'm looking to settle down and have a family of my own.

My must haves: a woman who's down to earth, outgoing, health conscious, and a good communicator. Nothing's sexier than a woman who understands how to balance serious and silly. If you can laugh at the ridiculousness of life, online dating, and yourself, I'd like to get to know you better.

for fun:
Weekend getaways, college/pro football (Falcons), watching movies, hanging out with friends, working out, spending time with my "Little Brother".

my religion:
I go to Buckhead Church.

my education:
I am a CFA charterholder. For those who don't know, its an extremely challenging designation to get. Its the equivalent to a MBA in Investment Management.

favorite hot spots:
I love to travel and would like to do more of it. I prefer tropical climates, but also like to go skiing. My favorite vacation spot is Greece. I don't do the club scene anymore (will go see a band on occasion), but prefer casual neighborhood bars.

favorite things:
Rescue Me, Modern Family, Friday Night Lights, 80's music, U2, Frisbee on the beach, travel, pizza, a good bottle of red wine, FSU/Falcon football, live music, my cat, movies, the first days of Fall, making people laugh, sleeping in, sporting events

last read:
A few recent reads are: The 4 Agreements, Emotional Intelligence, Too Big to Fail, How Yoga Works. Read the Wall Street Journal daily

my pets:
Grew up with dogs and have a cat. I'm an animal lover.
My opinion for what it's worth... I don't see a problem with mention the Big Brother thing but I actually know what the organization is and a few people who also do the same thing you are doing. But I guess if a lot of women are ignorant of what it truly is you could be more vague.

A lot of what you say in your profile EVERY profile says, especially in your opening - the only two things that stand out to me is the volunteer thing and being health conscience.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:31 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Thanks Mateo! You can be my wingman anytime!

Old 03-04-2011, 08:29 PM

(LOL!).... I'm more of a "breast man" myself, but you're welcome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships