Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 01:02 PM

36,519 posts, read 30,847,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
You think marriage is for ten years? Could be a good thing you never plan to marry. Especially since you think it is ok to cheat.

Dosent matter Pikantari, he is never going to get married so he will never have to worry about bringing home the bacon or being allowed to cheat. His opinions on the subject matter about as much as my dog's opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 01:36 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Perfect View Post
If it's the man who's bringing home the bacon, then yes, he absolutely has the right to cheat. In many other cultures around the world women accept being a second wife. This is the way it should be.
You have to be 13 years old. No person has the 'right' to cheat. These cultures who have a second wife? I don't agree with it but it is not my culture. What you are failing to realize here is that in polygamy, the wives know about one another and go into that relationship understanding and knowing that is how it will be. This is not cheating. Cheating is what would be an extra-marital affair and you may very well be paying your 'vagimony' for a long time when the judge finds out. Ever heard of the Scarlet Letter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Dosent matter Pikantari, he is never going to get married so he will never have to worry about bringing home the bacon or being allowed to cheat. His opinions on the subject matter about as much as my dog's opinion.
I have to agree. Who would want him?

Old 10-17-2012, 02:32 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,685,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salami-rules View Post
Marrying women in their 40s is like getting a used car without the engine.

You silly, silly boy . . . .

I'm over 40. Not only do I have an engine, it purrs like a kitten . . . . .

Old 10-17-2012, 03:48 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,011,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salami-rules View Post
Marrying women in their 40s is like getting a used car without the engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlbr View Post
Women and men. 40 is over the hill
I'm hopeful that your mommies wont catch you playing on the computer without supervision as I would hate to think you both got cut off from your next happy meal. In the interest of eradicating ignorance and helping out the poor girls you two will eventually disappoint I'm going to give you a hint here. Girls tend to get better in the sack as they get older. True story. Your moms, they're probably hellcats in bed. Seriously. They are probably snake charmers with a capital charm. You see women lose their hangups and learn how to work a man as they get older. Its something that cant be taught, you have to learn on the job. Those 40 year old women? They will flat throw down if they're of a mind. But for now, best to study hard and try and get good grades and not worry about girls.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:17 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
We do accommodate one another, shouldn't you do that?

Life is give and take....
I once started a thread on this. By accommodating, I meant the "this is what I have to settle for" tone.

Whenever I hear "he's good to me" and "she's a good woman," it sounds like a woman and a man who aren't that attracted to their spouses, respectively. I've heard these exact same words and, in these cases, it seemed like these people were trying to convince me, and themselves, in that they were actually using excuses as to why they were with a certain person.

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 10-17-2012 at 08:22 PM.. Reason: grammar, I think

Old 10-17-2012, 08:22 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
I know someone who married first time at 44 and nothing wrong with her. She was in shape, pretty, homeowner, good home, etc.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I know someone who married first time at 44 and nothing wrong with her. She was in shape, pretty, homeowner, good home, etc.
No, that's cool. However, I've also seen people "settle" and make iffy comments about their choices. My attitude is that, if a person feels they have to "settle," then they shouldn't be getting married.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:59 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
No, that's cool. However, I've also seen people "settle" and make iffy comments about their choices. My attitude is that, if a person feels they have to "settle," then they shouldn't be getting married.
For me I'd rather be single than settle for anyone and many older people do settle because they are afraid of being alone. I am not afraid of being alone.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:26 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Every over-40 first time marriage I've seen had more of an air of accommodation than it did romance. As for second marriages, they had an air of "well, I've got it figured out" more than they did romance. That's what I've seen. Usually, the display of romance is much more evident in 20s/30s first time marriages in people I've known.
My aunt got married for the 3rd time at 60. The wedding was basic, but lots of romance for this couple. Hubbie is always putting her first and doing stuff for her. And they have lots of fun together, taking ballroom dancing, going to plays, going to movies.....

I'll save the stories on mariages one and two for another thread.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I am not afraid of being alone.
Realistically, the only part of being alone that worries me is being sick and far from help. Being alone in and of itself is nothing to fear, because a person can find things to do. Pets can be awesome.

I do remember one time right before Easter weekend, I was supposed to travel to be with family. Instead, I spent it in the ER and had to cancel the trip at the last minute. You don't intrude on (local) people's plans on Easter weekend, whether in sickness or in health, if you're single and in need of help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships