Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you GENERALLY approve of cohabitation before marriage?
Yes, it's totally acceptable any time 37 57.81%
Yes, but it's not the best way of going about things 7 10.94%
During engagement, yes 7 10.94%
No! 13 20.31%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 01:27 PM

90 posts, read 153,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Dude, you're going to hell, when I'll be watching you from heaven

Still there's plenty of time left. Repent now, and save yourself eternal damnation LMFAO
I play poker for a living. If there is a hell, Satan already has a place reserved for me there

Old 03-03-2011, 01:29 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpokerpoker View Post
I play poker for a living. If there is a hell, Satan already has a place reserved for me there
Yeah, then quit biotching and moaning that the christians bother you.

If you are so fricking sure of your beliefs, why do you flinch?? Do the Christians make you insecure??

Old 03-03-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
Please show me where I called you immoral.

I do not think those who disagree with Christianity in this regard are "immoral". However, whether they know it or not, it is an immoral viewpoint and contributes to the overwhelming immorality everywhere today. Not all viewpoints are equal; there are some things that are always immoral, no matter what the individual believes.
Here you are contradicting yourself.

Is cohabitating before marriage immoral and wrong or not? It works out for tons of people and theres also tons of people who are not Christian, and therefore doesn't need to listen to what your "God" has to say.

This is the exact "holier than thou" attitude I'm taling about. My viewpoint is "equal" and it is not immoral or wrong. I'd love to see you prove me otherwise.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Yeah, then quit biotching and moaning that the christians bother you.

If you are so fricking sure of your beliefs, why do you flinch?? Do the Christians make you insecure??
The OP bothers me with his "holier than thou" attitude where he thinks my viewpoint is less equal than his and that it's immoral and wrong(when tons of people do it).

I'll ***** and moan as much as I please about ignorant people who can't let people live their lifes the way they want to without judging them.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:35 PM

499 posts, read 891,647 times
Quote:
i'm not the one saying other peoples oppinions are immoral and wrong, he is.

you have freedom of cohabitating and he has freedom of speech.

Do whatever you want and let him say whatever he thinks.

Oh sorry, this is your freedom of forcing him not to think that it's immoral or wrong.

And this is my freedom of "defending the freedom".

I think we're in a vicious circle. Lol

Old 03-03-2011, 01:42 PM

10,207 posts, read 17,859,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoowhoo View Post
[font="fixedsys"]
[b]you have freedom of cohabitating and he has freedom of speech.
And people also have the freedom to be offended by what he says and have their own say about it too.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:43 PM

Freedom of speach? Ok, then I'll say he's an ignorant real life version of Ned Flanders who should shut the **** up about what he considers immoral and wrong because ultimately if you believe in god you might aswell believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. Hows that for freedom of speach?

I'm not forcing him to think anything, I'm simply saying that it's not immoral or wrong to cohabitate or have sex before marriage. And that is a fact, no matter how you twist it with your ultra-conservative childish views it's perfectly acceptable for hundreds of millions of people around the world who it works out just fine for.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
And people also have the freedom to be offended by what he says and have their own say about it too.
agree

Old 03-03-2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
Exactly.

I don't get whats so hard to understand. Neither view is immoral and wrong, it really is that simple, and THAT is why I take offence. Because he actually has the nerve to judge other people and say that their ways are wrong and immoral without having anything to back it up with.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Freedom of speach? Ok, then I'll say he's an ignorant real life version of Ned Flanders who should shut the **** up about what he considers immoral and wrong because ultimately if you believe in god you might aswell believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. Hows that for freedom of speach?

I'm not forcing him to think anything, I'm simply saying that it's not immoral or wrong to cohabitate or have sex before marriage. And that is a fact, no matter how you twist it with your ultra-conservative childish views it's perfectly acceptable for hundreds of millions of people around the world who it works out just fine for.

your thoughts are not a problem for me. so what i'm gonna say is "ok."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships