U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Tall women, would you date or marry a short man?
Yes 51 53.13%
No 45 46.88%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 08:15 PM

752 posts, read 817,585 times

Advertisements

I am 5'8 and I have dated 2 guys shorter than me. I prefer not too, but I wouldn't rule it out completely. I have noticed some short guys really like tall woman. My sister is 5'11 and she dated a guy that was probably about 5'3. That would be way to short for me. A few inches isn't horrible, but not my preference.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:30 PM

17,332 posts, read 12,290,868 times
My mom has an old adage about your toes and your partner's height. For women, the big toe is supposed to represent the man, and your second toe is supposed to represent the woman in the relationship.

For example, her big toe and second toe are approximately the same length. Her and my dad are very close in height. She is 5'7" and he is around 5'8.5".

So based on my mom's toe theory, I should be looking for someone super tall since my big toe is a little over half an inch bigger than my second toe. Most people who seem to hit on me are my height or a little taller. Hmmmm......

Not sure if this toe theory is supposed to work for men or not. I think this was my mom's way of picking on my feet. I have a giant big toe and the rest of my toes are mini.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:33 PM

474 posts, read 149,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
My mom has an old adage about your toes and your partner's height. For women, the big toe is supposed to represent the man, and your second toe is supposed to represent the woman in the relationship.

For example, her big toe and second toe are approximately the same length. Her and my dad are very close in height. She is 5'7" and he is around 5'8.5".

So based on my mom's toe theory, I should be looking for someone super tall since my big toe is a little over half an inch bigger than my second toe. Most people who seem to hit on me are my height or a little taller. Hmmmm......

Not sure if this toe theory is supposed to work for men or not. I think this was my mom's way of picking on my feet. I have a giant big toe and the rest of my toes are mini.
My second toe is a little taller than my big toe, my second toe is very thin and tall and is just a little over the bigger toe, would that mean that the woman I get would be perhaps a little taller than me? I wouldn't mind to be honest.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:54 PM

3,560 posts, read 4,593,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
I never thought it was a big deal. At almost 6' I did not think of myself as tall or short. Then I got to know a guy who is like 5'3" or something and started trying to fix him up with some of my female friends. Geez was that a surprize. As soon as they would find out how tall he was . . . no deal.

Now, this guy is not a schlepper. He has a professional job, makes close to $200k in an area where the median family income is more like $35k, has a big river cruiser at least 38' worth $250k, is as polite as anyone I every met, drinks only in moderation and his photo from the neck up looks a little like a 40 year old Henry Winkler.

I even fixed him up with a girl 90 pounds and 5' tall. No luck.

I'll tell you first had, a short guy has no change of dating a hot girl.
Find this sad. Not "sad" as in "pathetic" but I kinda feel bad for him.

I dont blame any tall lady (5' 7 and up) for having a preference for tall guys. Infact I almost expect them to like tall guys more.

But when you have women who are 4'11 and 5'1 who have height requirements of 6 feet and up it just looks extra extra shallow. Im not saying this just because I happen to be short also (5'8/5'9.......on a really good day).

Sidenote: At my school there use to be a couple, the girl was no taller than 4'11 and the guy must have been about 6 foot 9 or higher. And they definitely turned alot of heads lol!!

mas23

Old 03-29-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpapayas View Post
My second toe is a little taller than my big toe, my second toe is very thin and tall and is just a little over the bigger toe, would that mean that the woman I get would be perhaps a little taller than me? I wouldn't mind to be honest.
Yup.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:37 AM

I like tall guys as much as the next girl, but there is a limit. Someone who is a foot taller than me is way too tall. That's just weird. (There aren't all that many people walking around a foot taller than me....)

Old 03-29-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
The older I get the less I care about height. I'm only 5'1 so as long as he's taller than me and I find him attractive and fun, we are good to go!
So you are implying that when you were younger you did care a lot about height and that was perhaps a dealbreaker to you. But now that you are getting older and running out of options, you wouldn't "mind" giving a shorter guy a "chance".

Hmmm.........., thanks for being honest I am sure most women think the same way, when they are young and beautiful they could care less about a shorter guy and are only fixated on taller men, it's only when they get dumped by taller men that they run for shorter men.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
I never thought it was a big deal. At almost 6' I did not think of myself as tall or short. Then I got to know a guy who is like 5'3" or something and started trying to fix him up with some of my female friends. Geez was that a surprize. As soon as they would find out how tall he was . . . no deal.

Now, this guy is not a schlepper. He has a professional job, makes close to $200k in an area where the median family income is more like $35k, has a big river cruiser at least 38' worth $250k, is as polite as anyone I every met, drinks only in moderation and his photo from the neck up looks a little like a 40 year old Henry Winkler.

I even fixed him up with a girl 90 pounds and 5' tall. No luck.

I'll tell you first had, a short guy has no change of dating a hot girl.
5'3" for man means he is a 0/10 on looks in terms of women's preferences, doesn't matter what his personality is and what his income levels are. Looks are the first and foremost component in attracting women, and when it comes to men's looks, his height is 80% of what makes his looks, the taller the better you are deemed to be.

Based on that factor, I would say your friend has no chance of even finding a half way decent woman that isn't divorced, old, ugly, overweight, etc etc. In short, you are right, a short guy has no chance at all of dating a hot girl without any baggage.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead360 View Post
Many people state that shorter guys have a hard time finding dates or finding relationships with people because of their height. Not only is it a turn off but according to some of my friends and other women, they don't feel that sense of security. Is this true? I"m pretty short for someone my age (21 years old and I'm the shortest guy in the class normally at college).
It's true, your best chance to get a half way decent woman if you are short is go to for limb lengthening surgery and become taller, that's what I am doing this Fall going to Russia.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'm 6'1 and have dated plenty of 'short' guys. While I do prefer taller men (the guy I'm interested in is 6'7) its nothing more than a superficial preference which is easily overlooked. Just like many guys prefer girls with big boobs or a bubble butt, but will date a girl without those attributes.
Men who prefer a girl with big boobs and bubble butts are a tiny minority, but women who worship height in a man are an overwhelming majority, there's a huge difference you see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships