U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Tall women, would you date or marry a short man?
Yes 51 53.13%
No 45 46.88%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2012, 03:25 PM

27,651 posts, read 21,530,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Move to another country.

Human height - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For short men, learn an Asian language or Spanish. The average height for men for developed Asian countries is usually 3 inches shorter than in America. It's also shorter in Central and South America.

And in the less developed Asian countries, it is around 5'5" or lower. This SHOCKED me ... that I would be considered around average height in some countries. I'm such a midget here. Honestly I find it hard to believe.

For women, the average height of younger men in Amsterdam is over 6 foot tall. And a lot of the Eastern European countries have an average height of young men right around 6 foot. Guess where I'll never go to find a wife?

I guess a lot of it is perspective.
Ha, I guess I should have returned to my roots in my younger days. I am a 6' tall female of Dutch descent.

Old 04-16-2012, 03:30 PM

1,412 posts, read 1,554,923 times
Havent read all the responses but I have dated shorter men in the past, and although my husband is taller than me, I would not have ruled him out if he was shorter. I'm 5'7" and the shortest guy I dated was 5'5". I did go out with a man even shorter than 5'5 but I wasnt attracted to him for other reasons (like his personality and the fact that he was sensitive about being shorter).

Another corollary is dating men who are TOO tall, I wouldnt want that either. Too tall for me is, freakish tall like being 6'5 or taller. I just cant imagine how pleasurable the bedroom experience would be with such a discrepancy (guess it goes the same for women who are 4'9 dating a man 6'2 or so..I just cant picture it being a pleasurable for a woman if shes on the bottom while they are..you know..going at it..)..

Old 04-16-2012, 05:37 PM

862 posts, read 560,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Im sorry if i sound harsh, but now you are being overly harsh here, did i struck a nerve?

It is my right to NOT liking short man, like everyone is free to not like whatever they want. And believe me (and CD is a great example of this) i ve heard it all (and read it!)

I ve heard people calling girls over 170 pounds "disgusting cows" (in CD there are zillions of threads with this examples), and even people calling girls above 150 "obese", lol.

I ve heard people saying they wouldnt date brunettes (and im a brunnete, and didnt take offense on that).

I ve heard people saying they wouldnt date people that dont have light-coloured eyes, to my face! (my eyes are brown).

I ve heard people saying they wouldnt date X race.

I ve heard people saying they wouldnt date X nationality!

I even heard people saying they wouldnt date women with curly hair!!

And i could go on forever.

Point is, i think is overly rude for you to make such an exxagereting and insulting comment only cause i said i didnt like short man. I like ALL TYPE OF MEN, and i more open than most people about A LOT of things. I wouldnt mind, for instance, dating a men that haves no money. BUT i dont like short men.Is this such a terrible thing??? why do i have to get insulted for such a tiny thing, where people is chosing people for even smaller or crazier things?? Come on!!

Live and let live, dude
Don't really care about what you've heard SophieLL. IT'S WHAT YOU'VE SAID HERE ON THIS FORUM IS WHAT THE FOCUS IS ALL ABOUT.

I've heard tons of stuff through the grapevine that's unimportant to me. I don't see the need to repeat it all, especially if it's a whole lot of BS.

Maybe you should pay attention to what you post before you actually post it. It would save you offending others here a great deal and not having to worry about being called on for it.

AND NO, you don't like all types of men. There' no need to lie SophieLL, just to sound less shallow than you already are. What you've said about shorter guys is enough, so maybe you should learn to keep it to yourself. Like you said, you've turned down "intelligent, funny, witty, smart, good-looking in the face men," who didn't measureup heightwise to your standards.

Nothing more unnatractive than any of these shorter men right?

Why you chose to make a concerted point to be that hurtful is beyond me.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:05 AM

1 posts, read 525 times
Studies show that taller women are more successful in whatever they do in their lives! They have higher salaries and widely represented in fashion, movie industry and general business. They believe that taller women are more ambitious because they have higher amounts of testosterone (which actually makes us grow so tall).

I am 5"11 and a very attractive woman. I have always had the best men and practically spoilt by them. I know that I am ESPECIALLY liked by shorter men and I actually dated some of them. I am currently married to the man who is 5"10, one inch shorter than me. He was previously married to a short woman, but says he loves me much more.

Girls, be proud of what you are, no matter how tall or how short you are! Tall women, never try to look shorter because you will instead look just ridiculous, because you look like you crouch on purpose to look shorter. And you will get funny looks, only because people realize that you are ashamed of your height. Short women don`t wear too high heels, because they only make your legs look shorter.

I have my head "up in the sky" and shorter women and men respect me and always complimented me on my height. I do respect them too and have lots of friends among short girls!

Old 11-01-2012, 03:57 PM

16 posts, read 11,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Tall women, would you date or marry a short man?
No.

Old 11-01-2012, 04:12 PM

4,137 posts, read 1,951,792 times
Wow...almost half said no? Future doesn't look too bright :P

Old 11-01-2012, 04:37 PM

32,271 posts, read 18,333,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibeguka View Post
Studies show that taller women are more successful in whatever they do in their lives! They have higher salaries and widely represented in fashion, movie industry and general business. They believe that taller women are more ambitious because they have higher amounts of testosterone (which actually makes us grow so tall).
Height is only part of this equation. She has to be very attractive, as well.

Old 11-01-2012, 04:38 PM

32,271 posts, read 18,333,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Your cup isn't half empty, it's half full. Over half said "yes". Focus on the positive.

Old 11-01-2012, 04:40 PM

16,106 posts, read 8,247,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
A picky bunch they are!

Old 11-01-2012, 06:03 PM

4,137 posts, read 1,951,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Your cup isn't half empty, it's half full. Over half said "yes". Focus on the positive.
As long as it's beer and not water in the cup, I think I will be very positive, thank you very much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.