Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Tall women, would you date or marry a short man?
Yes 51 53.13%
No 45 46.88%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 02:36 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
The chattering a on a virtual forum or online dating site are hardly indicative of typical human behavior. And as I and many others and the majority of poll takers have informed you, most women don't have a problem dating shorter men. It isn't rare, it isn't counter to nature, it's just a deviation from a silly social norm.

No, I am against relegating an entire group of people to the status of sex toy based on a physical trait.
If you look at the celebrities. You will see that almost all have men taller.
How come there are so many threads started by guys who are short and are having trouble because of height?

Old 11-16-2012, 02:57 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Women call men 'Boy Toy' too lol

Men are attracted to shorter women than them and vice versa. This is how the brain chemistry works. God designed us that way.

No. I have NEVER said that. It is OK for women to reject guys shorter than them. I go for girls who are about 4" shorter than me.
CRap....I better give my husband a heads up!!

Old 11-16-2012, 04:04 PM

904 posts, read 1,382,190 times
Quote:
I don't like taller women for relationships so I don't need to worry about it.

It kinda defeats the purpose of man and woman relationship. Dominate vs Submissive.

I like my women around 5'4".
Dominate is a verb. Dominant is likely the word you're looking for.

I've generally noted though, that people who can't get the difference been between "Dominate" and "Dominant" correct generally can't and aren't.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:30 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacer View Post

I've generally noted though, that people who can't get the difference been between "Dominate" and "Dominant" correct generally can't and aren't.
And so what if they aren't?

Old 11-16-2012, 04:31 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,660 times
Quote:
If you look at the celebrities. You will see that almost all have men taller.
How come there are so many threads started by guys who are short and are having trouble because of height?
Shockingly, celebrities are also a poor representation of typical human behavior. I imagine, yes, most couples of all levels of fame consist of a shorter woman with a taller man. This does not mean that it's our "brain chemistry" to seek such a pairing and does not mean that any god of any religion has deemed this the law of the land.

What it does mean is that the average man is taller than the average woman so statistics dictate you're more likely to find love with someone who fits this norm not because they fit it, but because there are just more out there that do. If you're a very tall woman or a very short man, you're more likely to find love with someone who doesn't fit the standard simply because there are fewer potential mates in the world that do.

It also means that our society has set this social norm which we may grow up believing is the way things are supposed to be and avoid deviating from the norm, but really this standard is completely arbitrary, as meaningless as our impression that women should have long hair and men should have short hair. There's nothing inherently masculine or feminine in hair length, we are just accustomed to an image presented to us and there's no inherent reason a man should be taller than his mate. Height or the lack there of is not a secondary sexual trait.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:27 PM

904 posts, read 1,382,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
And so what if they aren't?
Then they should not be pontificating on the subject.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:05 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacer View Post

You get the point.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:22 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
I was on a forum and there were men talking about other men, saying the short ones have penguin arms or whatever. I didn't see the point, but anyways this isn't brought up much on here but -- men sit around and make fun of shorter men all the time. It's not a 'sacred' topic to them and they should stop acting like it is.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:46 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I was on a forum and there were men talking about other men, saying the short ones have penguin arms or whatever. I didn't see the point, but anyways this isn't brought up much on here but -- men sit around and make fun of shorter men all the time. It's not a 'sacred' topic to them and they should stop acting like it is.
I've noticed the same... in my experience FAR more men make fun of shorter guys than women do.

In fact, I can only remember one of my girlfriends ever complaining about short men and she's 6' tall...and currently dating a man whose 5'8 and couldn't be happier Of course, she had to 'work' on him for months because he refused to date her because of her height, but she finally broke him down.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:17 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I've noticed the same... in my experience FAR more men make fun of shorter guys than women do.

In fact, I can only remember one of my girlfriends ever complaining about short men and she's 6' tall...and currently dating a man whose 5'8 and couldn't be happier Of course, she had to 'work' on him for months because he refused to date her because of her height, but she finally broke him down.

that's another good point you mentioned. Some of the shorter men make a big deal about the taller women and need to be 'convinced.' So I don't think they are chomping at the bit over trying to get with all these taller women in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships