U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Tall women, would you date or marry a short man?
Yes 51 53.13%
No 45 46.88%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-08-2012, 07:19 PM
 
Location: So Cal
27,401 posts, read 21,753,018 times
Reputation: 25921

Advertisements

How short are we talkin??? What is short exacty. I think the average height for a guy is 5'8" or 5'9".... I'm right around there, sometimes I feel short other times, I don't think about it.

I personally don't wanna be with a woman that I gotta get a step stool to kiss... but then again, that's just me....

I don't think it's an ego thing.. don't know.. I don't feel like its an ego thing, I just like women around 5'4" or 5'5"... just seems to fit better.....

Course, as I usually say... the tall ladies have thier boobs right in my face... and that can be a good thing......

 
Old 12-08-2012, 09:45 PM
 
10,541 posts, read 8,611,790 times
Reputation: 15737
I'm right under 5'10" and I have no problem with men shorter than me. Two out of three LTRs for me were with men that were 5'8ish.
 
Old 12-10-2012, 04:00 PM
 
Location: DFW
2,031 posts, read 1,845,943 times
Reputation: 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I'm right under 5'10" and I have no problem with men shorter than me. Two out of three LTRs for me were with men that were 5'8ish.
Is there a reason why one cannot send you a private message?
 
Old 12-12-2012, 10:46 AM
 
862 posts, read 685,214 times
Reputation: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I'm right under 5'10" and I have no problem with men shorter than me. Two out of three LTRs for me were with men that were 5'8ish.
Do you actually go for shorter guys and approach them or do you simply have no problems with short men who approach you? Tall women who say they have no problems with shorter guys will likely still choose the taller guy if she had the option. Taller women who say they prefer shorter guys over the taller guys are about as rare as a snowstorm in a California summer.

Some tall women have told me the best way to separate the men from the boys is to date the ones who have the balls to approach a taller chick.
 
Old 12-19-2012, 03:04 PM
 
1,266 posts, read 797,947 times
Reputation: 306
would love to hear from more taller women
 
Old 12-23-2012, 12:14 PM
 
607 posts, read 1,112,236 times
Reputation: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Because if you are 5'10+ as a woman there aren't tons of men that would be taller than her.

I'm not quite 5'4" and it's safe to say most men are taller than me. Still...I wouldn't be interested in a man my height or even an inch or two taller...5'10 is the shortest (ha, and only because that's how tall my husband is).
Because short women always likes to compensate, they feel short themselves, emotionally too, although they wont admit it most of the times, hence they are always looking for a tall male to compensate, and maybe even unconsciously hope to breed much taller children.

Tall women on the other hand are much mroe relaxed about that. My preferences usually are:

Tall women (5'8 and over)> medium height women (5'6-5'7)> short women (5'5 And under)
 
Old 12-23-2012, 12:16 PM
 
607 posts, read 1,112,236 times
Reputation: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
How short are we talkin??? What is short exacty. I think the average height for a guy is 5'8" or 5'9".... I'm right around there, sometimes I feel short other times, I don't think about it.

I personally don't wanna be with a woman that I gotta get a step stool to kiss... but then again, that's just me....

I don't think it's an ego thing.. don't know.. I don't feel like its an ego thing, I just like women around 5'4" or 5'5"... just seems to fit better.....

Course, as I usually say... the tall ladies have thier boobs right in my face... and that can be a good thing......

Really? I highly doubt it.
 
Old 12-24-2012, 09:59 AM
 
499 posts, read 371,282 times
Reputation: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Caballero View Post
Really? I highly doubt it.
Average height for a man in the U.S. is 5'9 1/2 (White & Black)
Average height for a woman in the US is 5'3.8 (White & Black)

If you think it's higher than that, then either you

a) only pay attention to taller people (they stand out so you're like "wow")
b) hang around lots of people in your height range (common) so you think everyone is tall.

Come to NY and I'd bet even if you were say 5'5-5'8 you'd probably not even feel that "short" (around the right crowd) as this is the Immigrant capital of the US

Average Height for a Man Statistics
Average Height for Males and Females in 1912 and 2012 A Hundred Years Ago
 
Old 12-24-2012, 10:20 AM
 
Location: Where Dance Music comes first
1,871 posts, read 1,635,531 times
Reputation: 2169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Caballero View Post
Because short women always likes to compensate, they feel short themselves, emotionally too, although they wont admit it most of the times, hence they are always looking for a tall male to compensate, and maybe even unconsciously hope to breed much taller children.
Care to elaborate on the highlighted?
 
Old 12-24-2012, 11:21 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY
363 posts, read 262,219 times
Reputation: 386
Should be a bit more specific lol, shorter than them or short in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $94,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2015, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top