Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Tall women, would you date or marry a short man?
Yes 51 53.13%
No 45 46.88%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 04:01 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,803,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
1. My opinion is based on what men in my environment have said. This is coming from someone who is thin and had guys tell me that I was too skinny and my butt wasn't big enough like the women in pinup magazines and music videos.
2. The corny, decent average guys are still men and find the same type of women that the players and horn dogs find attractive
3. I have a job, go to school, and I know what I am talking about.

4. I am not bitter just stating some of the reasons why women mutiliate themselves in order to appeal to men
Wait a minute... didn't you say earlier that guys are making women starve themselves??? Now you are telling us that men in your environment are saying that you are too thin??? So which is it?

As for the rest... you need to get out more - and not just in your 'hood'.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:04 PM

8,012 posts, read 8,181,683 times
Quote:
1. My opinion is based on what men in my environment have said. This is coming from someone who is thin and had guys tell me that I was too skinny and my butt wasn't big enough like the women in pinup magazines and music videos.
2. The corny, decent average guys are still men and find the same type of women that the players and horn dogs find attractive
3. I have a job, go to school, and I know what I am talking about.

4. I am not bitter just stating some of the reasons why women mutiliate themselves in order to appeal to men
1. Then you need to find a new environment with different men.

4. No these women mutilate themselves because they have psychological problems. They don't seem to understand that every guy isn't going to find them attractive but there are guys out there who will. But they focus on the guys that don't. Not everyone you meet is going to like you and you're not going to like everyone you meet.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:15 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,110,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Wait a minute... didn't you say earlier that guys are making women starve themselves??? Now you are telling us that men in your environment are saying that you are too thin??? So which is it?

As for the rest... you need to get out more - and not just in your 'hood'.
Could you please refrain from the racist comments about people of color w/ the 'hood' comments? Everytime a minority has something to say the advice is to leave the 'hood' as if we all live there or have never been outside that environment before. As if joining your community would be any better.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:22 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,901,742 times
Quote:
Because men physical preferences cause women to starve themselves to death, that's why.
I guess you haven't seen some of the guys on this thread posting about getting horrible, excruciating limb lengthening surgeries?

Sorry, this is 2012 and you can't get it both ways. If you have your prefs, so can everyone else. There's nothing really wrong with needing a man around to feel protected, but for the sake of our country I hope women like you aren't enlisting in the military.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:24 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,767,171 times
Quote:
Because men physical preferences cause women to starve themselves to death, that's why.
Isn't it better to discriminate based on weight since that's something people can control instead of height which is totally out of our hands?

Old 03-07-2012, 04:25 PM

6,542 posts, read 7,261,849 times
Quote:
Could you please refrain from the racist comments about people of color w/ the 'hood' comments? Everytime a minority has something to say the advice is to leave the 'hood' as if we all live there or have never been outside that environment before. As if joining your community would be any better.
I missed where he mentioned anything about black people. I only saw where he said "hood" and I thought ANYBODY could live in a hood.

So men are the cause of women's anorexia/bulimia? hhhmph interesting.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:30 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,463,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
I missed where he mentioned anything about black people. I only saw where he said "hood" and I thought ANYBODY could live in a hood.

So men are the cause of women's anorexia/bulimia? hhhmph interesting.
Why do you keep voting in threads for women? This is odd.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:31 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,901,742 times
Here's the way I see it, there's nothing really wrong with a woman wanting to have a man "protect" her. I put that in quotes because it's ridiculous to assume a 5'10 man is a better fighter than a 5'8 man.
But this might also be a sign that the woman in question wants to rely on the man for other things. I like women who are very independent and self-sufficient, so it's almost like a natural filter for me. I'm 5'8 so if a girl around my height won't date me because she doesn't feel "protected" than I'm better off without her!

Old 03-07-2012, 04:32 PM

6,542 posts, read 7,261,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
Why do you keep voting in threads for women? This is odd.
I did vote, I thought it was a question directed to everybody, my bad. Sue me. Why do you investigate where I vote, where I post, etc.? That is odd.

Aaaaaaaanyways, don't we all have preferences? Why make a big deal about women preferring taller men?

Old 03-07-2012, 05:04 PM

474 posts, read 493,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
I'm not tall. But I just started talking to a guy who is 5'3".
You will eventually dump him though for a taller man, because of your own insecurities, almost all the short women are extremely insecure about themselves. Hence the talk about feeling protected etc etc, do you all live in a jungle or a war zone to be protected everyday??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships