Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 01:29 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,472,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
If someone's marriage fails over Facebook, there were unresolved problems in the relationship long before Facebook was involved.

Why are people scapegoating Facebook for their failed marriages?

Facebook is only one component of a larger problem.

I just go there to play farmville.
Agreed. I only have fb for business only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 01:29 PM

10,832 posts, read 14,927,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bright_future View Post
i hate how people say things like, facebook has good uses!!

No it doesn't. It makes people totally irrational and puts them into a different reality than the one humans are suppose to experience on earth.

All facebook and many other sites, and some other technologies are doing, is ERODING the human spirit. Literally replacing people's souls and purpose within life.

Humans have advanced significantly in the past few hundred years, they have became more intelligent and competitive. They have built things that astound the mind, yet people live in these cities and buildings , and talk to people over the internet who live 5 thousand miles away that they've never knew existed. Yet they don't know their own neighbors and the thought of their neighbor bringing over cookies or a welcoming pie scares them silly.
Thank you for saying what I have been thinking for years.

What business could any old (they'd be really old) GF of mine have in wanting to get in touch with me? What good could possibly come of it?

If you want a facebook page it should be shared as a couple same with email. johnandsallysmith@yahoo.com comes to mind.

Old 03-07-2011, 01:32 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
I believe it. I can't believe how many ex-girlfriends or simple acquaintances from years ago have gotten back in touch.

Old 03-07-2011, 01:40 PM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times
My sister was able to get screencaps of my (now ex-)BIL's Facebook page where he was blatantly flirting with other women. So when he claimed that he didn't meet his girlfriend until after he had moved out, sis had dates and times. His profile was even public.

Old 03-07-2011, 01:46 PM

4,036 posts, read 9,240,040 times
Well this isn't surprising but blaming Facebook is a little convenient. If a person wants to go out the marriage they will find a way facebook or not.

Old 03-07-2011, 01:50 PM

69 posts, read 80,828 times
I say people have choices and to cheat is a selfish self centered way to go about it.

facebook is a huge network.

but I can add myself to the list of those cheated on where live in boyfriend met up with a woman he knew in high school after connecting via facebook...and she's married as well now back with her hubby who doesn't know yet.

and he got kicked to the curb by me and we were together 4 years.

That was yesterday he's not very pleased with himself right now I can tell you now that he has to find his own place to live.

P.S. I don't blame facebook...I blame them for being cheaters

Old 03-07-2011, 02:22 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,359,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence81 View Post
Well this isn't surprising but blaming Facebook is a little convenient. If a person wants to go out the marriage they will find a way facebook or not.
Facebook is cited, not at fault.

Old 03-07-2011, 02:30 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
I hope all you bored losers keep FB up and running, keep increasing traffic. Get more divorces and hook up. It's worth $50B already and I'll get my bite of their IPO next year

And Farmville's worth $20B. Thanks to all the cows.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:26 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,823,278 times
My take is that if someone's a cheater, they'll do it with or without Facebook. Facebook just makes it easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
If you want a facebook page it should be shared as a couple same with email. johnandsallysmith@yahoo.com comes to mind.
I'd never do that.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:05 PM

43 posts, read 94,077 times
I dated a woman for three years. She has a facebook profile and page for business. Understandable. I randomly asked " who is this"? Ex boyfriend. " oh I see. Who is that"? Ex boyfriend. There were a stupid amounts of exboyfriends on the friends list. Done, over. Not good. It even lead me to ask " How many ex boyfriends did you rack up in your life so far"?
Beginning of the end. Recently it was over. Tell all your ex boyfriends hello for me and bye bye. Done.
I'm actually kind of thankful for facebook. Few are sincere in their intentions. Facebook helps expose the bad ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships