Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 01:31 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,990,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
Not really... I can be eating large portions of my favorite dish and hardly gain weigh. A guy at my workplace (he's 22 years old) is in the same situation. He eats sooo much and is still skinny.

I guess it has to do with our ages (he's 22 and I'm almost 24) and fast metabolism.
It will catch up with you. Not everyone wants to take on such bad eating habits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 01:31 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,811,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
So it's ok for you to not like certain foods but not ok with you if THEY don't like certain foods? I don't get that one.
In this case the guy could have inform me ahead of time he didn't like it. Yes it's rude to eat little.... my parents don't like that either if they are going to invite someone to eat.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:33 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,101,406 times
Just tell the man you aren't a cheap date. Let him find out on his own that the worst is yet to come.

I don't see why you should be concerned with what a person eats and what they leave on their plate, even if you are paying. That attitude doesn't speak well for you. And because your parents felt that way doesn't make much difference, either. You should not try to control what other people do unless they are your children. I personally don't like to feed picky eaters, but I've learned there are a lot of people out there that are very picky when it comes to eating. We have a favorite restaurant, whose owners were customers of mine, we took friends there often, I noticed the picky eaters were also the cheap skates much of the time.

Last edited by Nite Ryder; 03-05-2011 at 01:48 PM..

Old 03-05-2011, 01:33 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,371,608 times
If someone asks you out to eat, just go! And enjoy yourself. If the food looks iffy, then order something small and tell the guy you're just not hungry.

It's entirely possible to have a GREAT time, and not come across as a prissy pain-in-the-neck, and not hurt the guy's feelings. And believe me, if you're laughing and talking, and having a good time, and you let the guy know how much fun you're having and how much you like him, he won't care one bit if you clean your plate or if you eat one bite - it simply won't matter.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:34 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
Quote:
In this case the guy could have inform me ahead of time he didn't like it. Yes it's rude to eat little.... my parents don't like that either if they are going to invite someone to eat.
I'm suddenly reminded of the disadvantages of youth.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:37 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,289,519 times
Quote:
I understand it's frustrating, but when you buy someone or give someone food, it's their business what they do with it. If they eat it all, if they eat one bite, if they make a hat out of it...

You don't get to control what people do with your gifts. That is rude.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:39 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,319,713 times
Quote:
how can I informed a man my preferences in food without sounding arrogant? I don't like crappy, cheap places where they serve you the usually menu many people would order (I don't eat anything). Secondly, I once got sick (a real terrible stomache) for several days after eating from a very cheap place.

It's the way I was raised at home and my environment is cleaned. I would prefered a decent place. It doesn't have to be a palace but definitely not a cheap place.

Is there a way I can say this (on a date) without offending the man into thinking I'm picky. Well sometimes I am but for good reasons. It's the same as coming well dressed-up if you're a secretary.
If you don't want to offend, please don't say the above bolded to the guy. Once you find out where he is planning on taking you, if you don't like it simply ask if he'd be willing to try (insert name) restaurant. Tell him you really like their food and think he would enjoy it also. If he is willing to make the compromise to take you somewhere a bit more costly, the least you can do is offer to pay, go dutch or chip in towards the bill.

Also, keep in mind "cheap" is relative when it comes to the amount someone is willing to pay for food. Hope you have fun!

Old 03-05-2011, 01:40 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,371,608 times
Quote:
Yes it's rude to eat little....
You think it's rude to eat only a little? But you intend to tell potential dates that you won't go to "cheap" places to eat?

That's an unusual definition of rude.

In my world, it's rude to dictate to a guy how much he has to spend on a date, or where he has to take me. It would never occur to me that not eating a lot could be construed as rude?

Old 03-05-2011, 01:41 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,811,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I understand it's frustrating, but when you buy someone or give someone food, it's their business what they do with it. If they eat it all, if they eat one bite, if they make a hat out of it...

You don't get to control what people do with your gifts. That is rude.
Yes but it does hurts when the left-over have to then be thrown into the garbage. Ouch....

Old 03-05-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Yes it's rude to eat little....
Are you saying you, yourself, are rude? You said you eat very little.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships