Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 01:44 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,812,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
If you don't want to offend, please don't say the above bolded to the guy. Once you find out where he is planning on taking you, if you don't like it simply ask if he'd be willing to try (insert name) restaurant. Tell him you really like their food and think he would enjoy it also. If he is willing to make the compromise to take you somewhere a bit more costly, the least you can do is offer to pay, go dutch or chip in towards the bill.

Also, keep in mind "cheap" is relative when it comes to the amount someone is willing to pay for food. Hope you have fun!
Thank you... finally someone got my question.

Many people would have posted I should stop complaining or just smile but why? If I don't want something, I'm not obligated to have it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Are you saying you, yourself, are rude? You said you eat very little.
Not when it comes to foods I like. I hate pizza or red spaghetti... can't stand the smell of it so those are the worst plates someone can surprise me with but I he would have known this in advance.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:46 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
Yes but it does hurts when the left-over have to then be thrown into the garbage. Ouch....
I understand it hurts. But it was a gift. It is not yours. It's theirs now. They get to do what they want with it. Otherwise you're not really *giving* them anything.

If a guy asks you out, he will want to please you. But this date is not all about *you*. So if he asks you where you want to go, you can suggest one of your 'clean' 'decent' places. If he wants to make the plan for you, then go along and be a good sport. You're dating him to see what kind of a relationship you can build, not to find some kind of food source.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:48 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
Yes but it does hurts when the left-over have to then be thrown into the garbage. Ouch....
I couldn't care less, as long as the person had enough to eat. I think of it as feeding hungry critters.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:56 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,011,414 times
If someone does not like like food X, X being mexican, italian, el cheapo diner action, whatever, just say it and be done with it. If I ask you to dinner its because I want to enjoy your company over dinner and obviously something that we both like. If I find out later you didnt like food X I will wonder why you could not be honest and simply say that. Do you lack integrity, a gamer, just plain cross eyed mean? On the other hand if you tell me up front that your good with foods A,B, and C but not X no problem, Im sure somewhere amongst A, B, and C we can find common ground.

Of course when I ask you I will say something along the lines of, "Do you like steak? I was thinking of trying the new steak place down on anywhere street." This gives you a chance to gracefully suggest something else if your of a mind and me to read your reaction. For instance if it appears like your going to vomit at the steak suggestion I will offer up another alternative. Men are supposed to know this as its bad manners to put someone on the spot where they feel trapped into something they may not want to do. Not all do.

A good way out when the man failed to carry his end of the log by offering alternatives is to say something along the lines of "Why yes, I would love to go have dinner with you. My girlfriends were talking about this place down on anywhere street that has seafood to die for....." Unless he is an utter dolt he should be able to take the hint and you are both off the hook.

Old 03-05-2011, 02:15 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,673,430 times
i am one of the pickiest eaters I know... but even I can find something at ANY restaurant that I will eat - even if its just a chef salad.

Old 03-05-2011, 02:17 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suedonym View Post
maybe you offer to take him out and you pay?
This. The terrific benefit of asking someone out is that you get to pick the place.

If you have allergies or special dietary needs (like kosher or vegetarian), I think it's OK to say, "I'd love to go, but I'm vegetarian. Is that OK?" Not wanting "cheap, crappy food" is not the same thing. There's no polite way to say, "Ew, gross." So to avoid that problem, do the asking yourself.

Old 03-05-2011, 02:46 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suedonym View Post
maybe you offer to take him out and you pay?
Good idea....and we can only hope that he "takes the hint!"
Taking him out to eat would get old..quick, IMO.

Old 03-05-2011, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Good idea....and we can only hope that he "takes the hint!"
Taking him out to eat would get old..quick, IMO.
Yeah lol.... he would have to be a complete idiot not to get it.

Old 03-05-2011, 03:16 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Who takes someone to a crappy place for their first date?
Most of the people who frequent Plenty Of F**h ( POF )....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships