Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 03:30 PM

86 posts, read 428,428 times

Advertisements

Ya, I just feel like giving up with this guy. I feel like he talks and has long convos with everyone in the room except with me. At first I didnt notice that he was at the person's house where we were hanging out at.

So as I was making my way past some people to go to the kitchen, I hear him faintly say "Hey ____." As I say Hi back to him, he quickly turns to the person standing next to him (hence making it hard for me to ask how his week was or how work went, you know small talk) and starts talking to them instead. So the rest of the afternoon, he is having long convos with everyone else that was at the party, and I felt like he was avoiding me.

Maybe he doesnt like me and Im imagining all these things in my mind and that maybe he's just a nervous person in general when he's near me. Either that or he's just deathly afraid of me and doesnt act on his feelings much...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 03:34 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Eye contact, regardless of being shy or not. I used to be shy when young, but realized the girls found me handsome, so my confidence grew. Soon enough I figured that I could read or just tell a story with eye contact. By then my self confidence was established, but before then I would just look down and blush.

Touching does not work the same for everyone. In some families touching is not common, while in others it is.

To the OP: try subtle eye contact, but don't push it, and if you happen to know his sister or a friend of his, make friends with these. Once you have established some sort of friendship, figure a way to show your interest on the guy in a way that won't scare him. You can do this through his friends or relatives. If he likes you, you will see it in his eyes, or in his actions.
Can you please post of pic of yourself ?

Old 03-13-2011, 05:50 PM

9 posts, read 96,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeerioS View Post
Ya, I just feel like giving up with this guy. I feel like he talks and has long convos with everyone in the room except with me. At first I didnt notice that he was at the person's house where we were hanging out at.

So as I was making my way past some people to go to the kitchen, I hear him faintly say "Hey ____." As I say Hi back to him, he quickly turns to the person standing next to him (hence making it hard for me to ask how his week was or how work went, you know small talk) and starts talking to them instead. So the rest of the afternoon, he is having long convos with everyone else that was at the party, and I felt like he was avoiding me.

Maybe he doesnt like me and Im imagining all these things in my mind and that maybe he's just a nervous person in general when he's near me. Either that or he's just deathly afraid of me and doesnt act on his feelings much...
seems like he might be unsure of his feelings towards you so, hes too timid to approach you just yet.. just treat him like every other guy in your group. if he likes you im sure he will come around.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:17 PM

199 posts, read 490,960 times
Quote:

You really aren't paying attention to my posts at all. Any type of signs from shy people are IRRELEVANT including ones that he isn't interested. If you want to give up then give up when all it takes is asking him a question to get your answer....

Old 03-15-2011, 09:51 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleharmonicmotion View Post
Shyness CAN be cute. However, there does come a point when you want him to DO SOMETHING-to take the reins a little bit, to show some initiative, some need to conquer you...SHY GUYS...DO SOMETHING!!!
Shy girls do something! It takes two to tango .

Also, there will be times when a girl likes a guy but he doesn't like her. Sure, her friends will make her feel nice telling her that the guy is shy, had a bad day, maybe he's in a relationship, etc. but no no no no no in reality maybe the guy simply doesn't like you and you have to accept that and move on.

Old 03-15-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItWasWritten View Post
You really aren't paying attention to my posts at all. Any type of signs from shy people are IRRELEVANT including ones that he isn't interested. If you want to give up then give up when all it takes is asking him a question to get your answer....

hahah.. I hear ya thanks for your advice.. so I guess I have to step up suck my pride and ask him.....

Old 03-16-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
hahah.. I hear ya thanks for your advice.. so I guess I have to step up suck my pride and ask him.....
Yes I know you have the courage in you You have nothing to lose but a lot to gain

Old 03-16-2011, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItWasWritten View Post
Yes I know you have the courage in you You have nothing to lose but a lot to gain

... actually i have my pride to lose if it fails.. lol

Old 03-18-2011, 08:21 AM

Lol let us know how it goes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships