U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-08-2011, 12:47 AM

339 posts, read 517,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliefille View Post
If you are unhappy dating Mexicans, and don't seem interested in the many white guys asking you out, logically that leave you with looking for black males. Right?

Maybe its not your race that keeps guys from calling you a 2nd time.
Thats incorrect. I'm very much happy with the White guys asking me out. Which is why I'm dating them. Again, why not answer the question? I'm not unhappy dating Mexicans either. I enjoy dating them. I enjoy dating White guys. I have dated several Black guys as well (who by the way proved much more attentive than the Mexican guys I'm coming across)..but at this point in my life I prefer to date guys lighter than I. Perhaps its in my genes because my 2 brothers like White women LOL. Hell, my forefathers are White so its no surprise!

Old 03-08-2011, 12:50 AM

859 posts, read 986,712 times
I would say Latino guys may have some old-fashioned traits about women - the older ones anyway. And some 'races' (guys) could have traits that a percentage of them share when it comes to their 'beliefs' about women - but it's very true that you cant lump them all together, just like you cant lump white guys all together. Each one is different - as is each person in the world! - and would have different reasons for calling you back, or not calling you back.

I was married to a white guy for 11 years, and then divorced and was with a Cuban guy for 21 years. They were both VERY different, but not just in their race.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:53 AM

13,820 posts, read 11,368,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingUSA View Post
To be a bit more precise, I live in Denver. I'm also mixed...mainly Black but with some White/American Indian. Well every since I left the east coast I have been pretty much forced to date Mexican Latinos.

Well I have found nothing but heartache and frustration trying to date them. To give a brief summary of how things start: They will come to me first. They seem all interested, and most of them are happy to take me to dinner and treat me nicely. That will last anywhere from 12 hours or a few days. After that, it's over. They don't call, don't ask to see me anymore...it's almost as if they are only after 1 thing, and 1 thing only...and it's not starting a relationship nor friendship.

Even if I don't give it up, it makes no difference. For example I met a Mexican guy the other week, denied his advances to go home with him even though I liked him and then after that I asked to see him twice. At this point its been over a week and not a single iota of interest or word from him.

Looking back, I've dated 6 White guys in the past year and they call like they're supposed to, ask to see me, and keep their word. I've even broken the rules and slept with them on the 1st date...yet they still show interest for weeks and months afterwards. Sure, I've had the few who didn't. I'm not sure how far the 2 guys I'm dating now are going to go yet.

So, I just can't put my finger on it...what is it? I'm not limiting myself on race, but the demographics of where I live at does not provide a wide range of ethnicities to choose from. Plus I have a preference that I go after, but from what it seems I may just have to stick with vanilla LOL.
You can ask "Why?" but analyzing it won't change anything. People tend to like to stick with who they are most familar with when it comes to long term relationships. I suspect Latinos are more traditional about this than other Americans, as they tend to be more socially conservative.

If another Mexican guy asks you out, I'd just be up front about your past experiences with Mexican guys not taking your seriously and express that you are looking for something real and long term and that you don't want to go out with them if they don't want the same. You don't have to do it in a mean or snarky way, just a matter of fact way.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:56 AM

3,573 posts, read 3,195,407 times
Quote:
To be a bit more precise, I live in Denver. I'm also mixed...mainly Black but with some White/American Indian. Well every since I left the east coast I have been pretty much forced to date Mexican Latinos.

Well I have found nothing but heartache and frustration trying to date them. To give a brief summary of how things start: They will come to me first. They seem all interested, and most of them are happy to take me to dinner and treat me nicely. That will last anywhere from 12 hours or a few days. After that, it's over. They don't call, don't ask to see me anymore...it's almost as if they are only after 1 thing, and 1 thing only...and it's not starting a relationship nor friendship.

Even if I don't give it up, it makes no difference. For example I met a Mexican guy the other week, denied his advances to go home with him even though I liked him and then after that I asked to see him twice. At this point its been over a week and not a single iota of interest or word from him.

Looking back, I've dated 6 White guys in the past year and they call like they're supposed to, ask to see me, and keep their word. I've even broken the rules and slept with them on the 1st date...yet they still show interest for weeks and months afterwards. Sure, I've had the few who didn't. I'm not sure how far the 2 guys I'm dating now are going to go yet.

So, I just can't put my finger on it...what is it? I'm not limiting myself on race, but the demographics of where I live at does not provide a wide range of ethnicities to choose from. Plus I have a preference that I go after, but from what it seems I may just have to stick with vanilla LOL.
You're racist, get over it! There's nothing wrong with Mexicans, it's really you. Stick to the vanilla then.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
No good can come of this thread

My cousin is happily married to a Mexican man. Not all Mexicans are the same, I suggest you find a nice hick town to live in and you will meet many like minded men for you to date.

Perhaps the man who didn't call you was looking for a fling, at least he was honest.
Agreed.

Old 03-08-2011, 01:01 AM

Quote:
What the hell is that supposed to mean? That as a Black person I should be limited to date just the Blacks and to go to Aurora? I actually live on the far west side of town in Jefferson County.

Lets not make this a, "go to this part of town" topic. Just answer the question. Frankly, I find dating Mexican men to be very shady. Even when I lived in a city that had a 70% Mexican population, guess who ended up proposing to me? A White guy...I got no proposals from any of the Mexicans while I was there.

I gave back the ring, only because I knew I was moving to Denver and it would not work...
racist, racist, racist...you're grouping a whole race because you can't figure out mexican men. Mexican men are no more shadier then black, white, etc. men.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:00 AM

339 posts, read 517,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
You can ask "Why?" but analyzing it won't change anything. People tend to like to stick with who they are most familar with when it comes to long term relationships. I suspect Latinos are more traditional about this than other Americans, as they tend to be more socially conservative.

If another Mexican guy asks you out, I'd just be up front about your past experiences with Mexican guys not taking your seriously and express that you are looking for something real and long term and that you don't want to go out with them if they don't want the same. You don't have to do it in a mean or snarky way, just a matter of fact way.
I agree. I'm not quite sure how I would tell a potential date, "Pablo, I like you and think you're great...but I meet alot of Mexican guys like yourself who tend to put me in the 'fun' category. I'm not interested in that."

I did tell 1 guy who was sexting me earlier, "You're not 1 of those guys who just like to text and trade pics are you?" He then made a statement about wanting to find friends. Time will tell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
racist, racist, racist...you're grouping a whole race because you can't figure out mexican men. Mexican men are no more shadier then black, white, etc. men.
Ok, so you're calling me a racist but on what basis? I have mentioned that I like Latino men, that I have happily dated a few as well. How does that make me a racist?

If you claim I cannot figure them out as you so succinctly put it, then what is it to figure out?

This is why I believe America has such a hard time overcoming boundaries. Its obvious whats going on, and I know that people have these hangups about dating certain races. These conversations are discussed in private at dinner tables across the country.

But what I want to know is, if a Mexican guy thinks I'm attractive, comes up to me and INITIATES the WHOLE scenario, then why is he content to not take it to the next level...being a continual relationship rather than just a quick ****?

Old 03-08-2011, 07:01 AM

2,791 posts, read 2,399,379 times
Quote:

Is this supposed to be racist? Im from Denver and I have never came across this?? I dont think it has to do with race..but with the men your choosing!

Old 03-08-2011, 07:40 AM

20,767 posts, read 17,998,741 times
Please read the sticky at the top of the forum regarding race-related threads. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships