U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-10-2011, 11:55 AM

5,045 posts, read 2,857,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBeingMe404 View Post
If he values what I value, is a little taller than me, responsible and treats me kindly, then yeah... my answer is the same.

When it comes to marriage and relationships, I'm very old-fashioned and traditional (those are included in my values) and chivalry is important to me. So, putting him in school, buying him a car, providing for him, and supporting his family financially would conflict with my values.
So I guess you are answer is not the same if him being nice doesn’t cut it. It’s normal for women to prefer men who are above their level or at the very least their same level. A woman doing all those things for a man that I mentioned are just not that common at all.

If you are very old-fashioned and traditional, like chivalry, etc. then I suppose you are totally fine with the house chores being your role as a woman, right? I mean, its an old fashioned tradition.

Quote:
And who needs a big, fancy, glamorous wedding? We can just have a destination wedding. LOL!
Destination wedding not being glamorous? Lol Well, if he can afford it and make your dream come true then why not? go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
As owners of vaginas, most women typically do not have to leave the continent to find a man.

Besides, there are plenty of men from third world countries right here in the United States who can already take care of themselves.
Sure. There are men from third world countries in the USA who don’t live like a man who lives in a 3rd world country so yeah. As owners of vaginas women don’t need to leave the continent or put any other kind of effort. A man who finds them attractive and nice to hang around with will take care of them. It’s all good.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 12:05 PM

9,011 posts, read 6,598,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post

Sure. There are men from third world countries in the USA who donít live like a man who lives in a 3rd world country so yeah. As owners of vaginas women donít need to leave the continent or put any other kind of effort. A man who finds them attractive and nice to hang around with will take care of them. Itís all good.
All relationships take effort, don't get me wrong.

And 2 people in a relationship should both take of eachother.
True, there are many different ways & definitions of doing so, but as long as both partners are happy, then it is all good.

Old 03-10-2011, 12:06 PM

334 posts, read 291,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
As owners of vaginas, most women typically do not have to leave the continent to find a man.

Besides, there are plenty of men from third world countries right here in the United States who can already take care of themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Great point, dear!

Indeed. Well said.

Old 03-10-2011, 12:09 PM

1,863 posts, read 1,414,792 times
Quote:
So I guess you are answer is not the same if him being nice doesnít cut it. Itís normal for women to prefer men who are above their level or at the very least their same level. A woman doing all those things for a man that I mentioned are just not that common at all.

If you are very old-fashioned and traditional, like chivalry, etc. then I suppose you are totally fine with the house chores being your role as a woman, right? I mean, its an old fashioned tradition.

You're relentless....Lol

Old 03-10-2011, 12:15 PM

1,646 posts, read 1,276,053 times
As a foreigner woman who did not grow up in a poor household, I can explain this to you based on my experience: I grew up in South America and women like my sisters and I (not rich but wealthy enough to go to school) never married for money. We were born into money and got an education, have great jobs and own businesses. We do not need a man to provide a greencard (for example)

A lot of girls back home are poor and some americans go there and marry them, it is like a business transaction. Once here, I saw it many times, they divorce because the woman becomes financially independent.

If you have money back home and your parents can send you to a private school and you can earn money, you normally do not end up being a mail ordered bride. If you are poor, is an option to get out. I saw it ALL THE TIME.

Old 03-10-2011, 12:16 PM

334 posts, read 291,079 times
Quote:
1. So I guess you are answer is not the same if him being nice doesnít cut it. Itís normal for women to prefer men who are above their level or at the very least their same level. A woman doing all those things for a man that I mentioned are just not that common at all.

2. If you are very old-fashioned and traditional, like chivalry, etc. then I suppose you are totally fine with the house chores being your role as a woman, right? I mean, its an old fashioned tradition.

3. Destination wedding not being glamorous? Lol Well, if he can afford it and make your dream come true then why not? go for it.
1. I'm not sure I follow what you're saying here... and I kinda thought my answer was self-explanatory.

2. Yes, that's right. Not only am I "totally fine" with that, I wouldn't have it any other way, as long as I'm able-bodied.

3. Not all destination weddings are glamorous. That would depend on the destination...

Old 03-10-2011, 12:19 PM

21,160 posts, read 19,041,622 times
Quote:
What if he was from a 3rd world country? Would you be willing to marry him (no fancy big shiny ring, remember, he's from a 3rd world country)? Let's not forget that it would probably not be a big fancy glamorous wedding. It would if you would be willing to spend a lot of money on your wedding and your own engagement ring. Would you be willing to put him in school, get him a car, provide, send money to his family whenever there was an opportunity, etc.? These are things men do normally when they marry women from 3rd world countries.
I know you didn't ask me, but my answer to all of these is no, except the first one. I have nothing against--what's the term now?--developing countries. I would not seek out a poor man to sponsor and bring home, but I could be interested in a man who is able to immigrate here in his own right. I don't need a manservant or boy toy. I've also never had a problem getting along with American men, so I have had no reason to look very far for men.

Go local. It's good for the environment.

Old 03-10-2011, 12:20 PM

5,045 posts, read 2,857,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
You're relentless....Lol

Heheheh I find it interesting when women say they are totally into old fashioned traditions and how that is the way to go where a man does it all for them. Then you tell them if they are fine with their old-fashioned traditional role as a woman in the house and that's when all of a sudden old-fashioned traditions are wrong, go figure . A few do say they accept their old-fashioned traditional role as the one in charge of house chores (washing dishes, mopping the floors, washing his clothes and ironing them, staying in the kitchen, etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I know you didn't ask me, but my answer to all of these is no, except the first one. I have nothing against--what's the term now?--developing countries. I would not seek out a poor man to sponsor and bring home, but I could be interested in a man who is able to immigrate here in his own right. I don't need a manservant or boy toy. I've also never had a problem getting along with American men, so I have had no reason to look very far for men.

Yes, its normal for women to NOT WANT to do those things for a man. The other way around seems more acceptable.

Quote:
Go local. It's good for the environment.

I know, huh?

Old 03-10-2011, 02:11 PM

951 posts, read 1,011,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Foreign women need a saviour, while foreign men don't.
No, all foreign men need is a green card.

American wonen need a dose of reality. Introduce them to some Russian men and they will see how good they actually have it. Compared to American men, most foreign men are very chauvinistic, among other problems.

Women who have married Arabs often have horrific tales when the marriage went south.

Men from the Caribbean and Africa, often don't stick around for a week, once they've arrived

I'm sure that most women are aware of these, and other drawbacks.

Old 03-10-2011, 02:27 PM

11,290 posts, read 11,227,461 times
I think the bottom line is supply and demand. For American men there is a demand for traditional subservient wives, but the supply of American traditional subservient wives is lacking because American women have other options like being equal partners or living successful independent lives. We see that the majority of foreign women hooked up with or open to American men are Asian or Ukrainian/Russian. The supply of these impoverished subservient foreign women is vast because their options are lacking. They have neither the supply of an equal partner nor the opportunity to earn a successful independent life so they look to American men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships