Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 08:40 PM

81 posts, read 197,221 times

Advertisements

With her personal trainer? I am aquaintances with the trainer, and I feel bad for my friend Josh. He is married to a yenta. Josh and I are like brothers, we have been friends since childhood. This will devastate him if he finds out and quite frankly I dont know if I have the heart to tell him! I can always ignore it, and even though there is a high probability he would never know that i know.. my conscience wont allow me to not say anything for somebody Ive been friends with since i was younger! I told him not to marry this whiny, money hungry , materialistic tramp...damn! Have you ever been in a situation like this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 08:43 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,472,583 times
I've never been in this position and hope I never am. BUT if it was me, I would have to tell him. I would want my friend to tell me if my husband/bf was cheating on me.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:44 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,359,324 times
When I was 15 my dad and I were out car shopping when I we found our neighbor with another woman. I babysat their kids and we did things with them all the time. Thankfully I didn't have to get too involved with the situation, but my parents agreed that the best route of action was to let him know that they saw him first and ask him to please tell his wife what he was doing.

If he hadn't told her then they were going to let her know, but luckily he did the right thing. Personally, I think it's a good idea. Let her know first that you know what's going on and ask her to please be honest with your friend.

Of course... if she doesn't like you and you ask her she may be able to use the fact that you know against you... so nevermind then. In that case I'd tell him, but I'd make sure I had some kind of proof when I did (a photo or the guy admitting to it or something) so that he doesn't accuse you of lying.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:45 PM

791 posts, read 1,425,730 times
if he is your friend, he would want to know now...take a video recording and leave the tape around for him to see for himself

Old 03-05-2011, 08:56 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerby View Post
With her personal trainer? I am aquaintances with the trainer, and I feel bad for my friend Josh. He is married to a yenta. Josh and I are like brothers, we have been friends since childhood. This will devastate him if he finds out and quite frankly I dont know if I have the heart to tell him! I can always ignore it, and even though there is a high probability he would never know that i know.. my conscience wont allow me to not say anything for somebody Ive been friends with since i was younger! I told him not to marry this whiny, money hungry , materialistic tramp...damn! Have you ever been in a situation like this?
Friends since childhood is like family. You know him well enough to tell him directly, or if you're uneasy about it covertly set something up so it will be like him discovering it or, tell his wife that you will tell Josh if she doesn't break up with him.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:59 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,104,854 times
Whatever you decide to do, get positive, believable proof first. Without undeniable proof, you have nothing, and with nothing it will ruin your friendship, it may ruin your friendship even with proof. Good luck!

Old 03-05-2011, 09:59 PM

769 posts, read 1,013,063 times
if it were you would you wanna know? it could take years for him to find out if ever, see that he doesn't waste valuable time

Old 03-05-2011, 10:07 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerby View Post

In a situation like this you have to be DAMN sure of your facts. Do not repeat this info if it is just gossip or hearsay or if you have no real firsthand knowledge of the supposed cheating. Keep in mind, the personal trainer dude could be lying and exaggerating to boost his rep or something.

But if you are sure of this, since you are like brothers I think you have an obligation to him to tell him, but gently and without all the gory details.

Just tell him, I love you man and I've always got your back so I just have to say I have some concern your wife is doing some stuff behind your back that you might want to get to the bottom off.

Then leave it to him to pursue it or not. He may actually prefer to not know the truth, but at least you haven't betrayed him too by hiding it from him.

Old 03-05-2011, 11:29 PM

791 posts, read 1,425,730 times
send him the video .... and say nothing...

Old 03-05-2011, 11:56 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,875,428 times
sounds like the plot for the movie 'Dillemna' with Vince Vaughn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships