Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2011, 11:05 AM

817 posts, read 807,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Have at it, headhunter. Date Asian women and marry one of them and live happily ever after.
, you got it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 11:07 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,557,728 times
Just one, though. Save some for the others.

Old 03-11-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Hehe, sure would, lots of them in this world you see, too bad I don't see a lot of them where I live, guess it's time to make a move

Old 03-11-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Why is it more common for American men and foreign women to connect than vice-versa?

What about the vice versa part? I know a handful of American girls who married or prefer dating foreign men. They either met in college, while teaching or studying abroad, or because the women admitted to having Asian fetish. I think it turned out quite well for them too. The foreign men comprised of people from Arabic countries (forgot the ethnicity) and Spain, some were Chinese, Korean, or Japanese. Some guys got citizenship through their wives.
Interesting!! Never seen this happening anywhere much.

Old 03-11-2011, 11:29 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,115,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Quoting blogs as a reference for your misogyny is not very intelligent. Do some real research
If it's only American women that are being criticized, how is that misogyny?

Old 03-11-2011, 11:31 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,115,232 times
Quote:
Got mine (Asian wife) 33 years ago. BTW, the divorce rate for American women is the highest in the world; go figure.

Old 03-11-2011, 11:33 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,697,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
They are still women. There are millions of women in the US, it's ridiculous to make a blanket statement that ALL American women are nasty, selfish, etc.

So you meet miserable, mean people in your life, you can't place every women in the same basket.

Men who complain about women tend to have the same unrealistic expectations and attract the very thing they despise. In my opinion it isn't the women who are really at fault, it's the men who choose them.

Old 03-11-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
They are still women. There are millions of women in the US, it's ridiculous to make a blanket statement that ALL American women are nasty, selfish, etc.

So you meet miserable, mean people in your life, you can't place every women in the same basket.

Men who complain about women tend to have the same unrealistic expectations and attract the very thing they despise. In my opinion it isn't the women who are really at fault, it's the men who choose them.
Never said all American women are like this, however, all American women I have met so far in my 10 years of living in this nation have been like this, overwhelmingly so, I have dated a couple of African American ladies who are very respectful of people without basing their judgments on what their friends considered cool, etc etc, also went out briefly with a Palestinian woman, all of them were very cultural, smart, intelligent. Majority of the women I meet in USA though are what i would call "looking for a quick hangup" type, not relationship material.

Old 03-11-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Got mine (Asian wife) 33 years ago. BTW, the divorce rate for American women is the highest in the world; go figure.
Hahahaha, well said, highest for a good reason too, something that blog makes a point about.

Old 03-11-2011, 11:40 AM

42,831 posts, read 87,941,729 times
Quote:
Being foreign-born myself and having been married to an American-American and to a Hyphen-American, I for one happen to know what most American men seek abroad when they do it deliberately. Those types are not any loss to American women, that's for sure. Unfortunately, I figured that one out a little too late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships