Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 05:14 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,477,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
I know not all of them are, just some of the one's here. Most American women I have come across look at me and assume that I am some call center working guy taking over their job, I shall tell them to go find how many people they could find working on a field like "spintronics" and watch their jaws drop, and the tinge of embarrassment on their faces when they realize that I am much smarter than what they could ever be. LOL.
When you say "american" do you mean white?

I have a feeling that maybe you are trying to bag those rich, preppy wasps. These women aren't really known for dating foreigners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 05:16 PM

817 posts, read 811,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I see. So you have only been able to meet mean, manipulative, bitchy women who say rude things and disrespect men. I am sorry to hear that. Do you live in a very urban area? It seems to me that people are more rushed and stressed out when they are packed together.

I'm thinking of the women I know ... my sister? No, she's very sweet. My cousins? Well, one of them is a mess, but the others are nice. One of them in particular is one of the kindest, happiest women I know, just like her mother, who is a nun now. My mom is pretty great, and my grandmothers.

How about my friends? No, they are all kind, smart, funny women, which is why they are my friends. I don't like mean, manipulative, bitchy women so I am not friends with them.

Let's see ... my neighbors? I did post about one of them I don't like much, but the others I know seem very nice. They all have husbands and go do happy suburban things. Our kids' pediatrician lives up the street, and his wife is super nice. I never see any of them berating their husbands or disrespecting them. I don't know how they are behind closed doors, of course.

The women I work with? I can't recall any of the ones I know talking trash about men or their exes or their husbands. Sure, there might be the off-color joke now and then, but nothing different from what I hear from guys from time to time.

What about me? I get up at 5:30 every day to make my husband coffee, pack his lunch (two sandwiches, fruit, yogurt and granola, in different combinations every day), and start his car. He gets dressed in the clothes I wash for him and leaves for work, and at that time I get the children ready for school. I cook for him every day and do most of the housework. My husband is very well taken care of, and you will never hear me say anything unkind or disrespectful about him, ever.

So now you know there are women out there who are not like what you have experienced.
Most of the experiences I have had and I have seen were from people in the bars/pubs, university students, and online on websites.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissy View Post
When you say "american" do you mean white?

I have a feeling that maybe you are trying to bag those rich, preppy wasps. These women aren't really known for dating foreigners.
You are kinda right.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:17 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
What about the women you work with? Are they all snooty too?

Old 03-11-2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
No, they are very nice, actually, there are like very few women where I work, 3 women to 7 men, also, they are middle aged women, 35 and upwards with children and stuff, but they are very nice respectful people, I only find shallow people in universities(although its surprising) and in pubs/bars, etc etc.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Also I work in a research lab, I don't usually have a lot of social time and so on, I work odd hours, often mostly very late into the night since I like working at nights, so work is not a place for socializing for me.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:24 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,453 times
what about dating girls from your etnicity but born here?

Old 03-11-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
what about dating girls from your etnicity but born here?
I somehow find most of them quite awkward and very demanding, I dated one of them for like 5 months before we broke up, briefly used to chat with one online before she decided to cut communication, I don't find most of them appealing because they try to act what they aren't, they are usually very white washed and look down upon people that have come after them, they think it's cool to insult and talk trash about people coming from the old country, and most of them think they are entitled solely to living here. Most of their views don't correspond with mine.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:41 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,310,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
You didn't say that about me personally, but some other poster just generalized it, hence pointing it out, and you are right, I am not going to be comfortable with any American woman because in my experience, they are either extremely shallow or gold diggers, I would never go after such woman anyway. I am pretty sure I can find a nice foreign bride who respect a man for his achievements in life and personality than his wallet or what her friends think is cool for her.
Meh, for a PhD I find it really amazing that you can generalize American women in such a way with your limited dataset. But then again, a lot of PhD men are isolated in this weird social environment where they become averse to white women for some odd reason, and gravitate towards Asian women or other races. Usually the subset of these men have a hard time getting ANY date at all, so I'm not sure if it is their general bitterness which clouds their judgment. I also know a lot of foreign PhD men who prefer American women and find them alluring/interesting - and these men do get plenty of dates. So far nobody's given a convincing reason why American women are inferior if they have the same cultural beliefs, education, and background.

And no, not all foreign PhDs can stay in the country and get their greencard. Some do struggle. That's not to say they need an American woman but you seem to paint such a rosy picture of our research institutions and opportunities after a PhD.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:47 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,453 times
Sorry headhunter but it is my impression your culture and the muslim culture do not concede the same freedoms to women as it is in the West. If you understand freedom of speech you would understand all those women you find so inferior shallow and etc, have the right to tell you how the feel about you. Even if it is an stereotype.

The law of the land protects their rights. However, it escapes common sense that such a smart man would stay in a place where people treats him in such a poorly manner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships