Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2011, 05:57 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,060 times

Advertisements

Why is it more common for American men and foreign women to connect than vice-versa?

What about the vice versa part? I know a handful of American girls who married or prefer dating foreign men. They either met in college, while teaching or studying abroad, or because the women admitted to having Asian fetish. I think it turned out quite well for them too. The foreign men comprised of people from Arabic countries (forgot the ethnicity) and Spain, some were Chinese, Korean, or Japanese. Some guys got citizenship through their wives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 05:59 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,645,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Come on, guys, keep it on topic.
It is kinda. Different types of men. Nothing wrong with it. I do know who is the minority in attracting women. It sure isn't him. I'd probaly die if he told me how much a date costs out there.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:31 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,863,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjulia
Come on, guys, keep it on topic.
It's basically on topic. If the topic is "why foreign women are more into American men than vice versa," then discussing the differences in men from the US and men and elsewhere is relevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
It doesn't have anything to do with that. You know what I mean. Are you a Toyota guy or a Chevy guy? Do you hunt, fish, etc? Are you into fashion? We come from different world and you know it.
Classics or modern? Classics: Chevy all the way. Modern: Honda, unless I'm buying a truck, in which case I'll take a Silverado.

I don't hunt or fish these days because I'm a vegetarian so there's no point... though I grew up fishing, my paternal side were cattlemen, and I own firearms.

I'm into fashion, I guess. I also do my own oil changes. Incidentally, I've dated a lot of Asian women I guess that when I go over there, I'll be SOL because they prefer cowboys, hm?

Old 03-10-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
It's basically on topic. If the topic is "why foreign women are more into American men than vice versa," then discussing the differences in men from the US and men and elsewhere is relevant

Classics or modern? Classics: Chevy all the way. Modern: Honda, unless I'm buying a truck, in which case I'll take a Silverado.

I don't hunt or fish these days because I'm a vegetarian so there's no point... though I grew up fishing, my paternal side were cattlemen, and I own firearms.

I'm into fashion, I guess. I also do my own oil changes. Incidentally, I've dated a lot of Asian women I guess that when I go over there, I'll be SOL because they prefer cowboys, hm?
They don't buddy. You'd be the star here because everyone else looks like hell! lmao

Old 03-10-2011, 07:25 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,863,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
They don't buddy. You'd be the star here because everyone else looks like hell! lmao
Well, sweet!

I'll let you know when I head out on vacation and we can be a cowboy/slick urban dude combo. We'll be an unstoppable tour de force of American stereotypes!

Old 03-10-2011, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Well, sweet!

I'll let you know when I head out on vacation and we can be a cowboy/slick urban dude combo. We'll be an unstoppable tour de force of American stereotypes!
At least someone GETS it. We might have to scruff you up a bit so they don't jump your bones thinking you are a tourist and are loaded. lol Forget whatever cologne you wear at home. It's Brute and Old Spice all the way. I've noticed Asians, Italians and Hispanics seem to like me. I've dated all three so I'd tend to believe it.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:20 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,209 times
In honor of my husband, I have only two words to add to this discussion:

Italian Stallion

Old 03-11-2011, 09:32 AM

817 posts, read 811,281 times
It's because American women are the worst when it comes to respecting a man, and treating him with the attention he deserves, one of my friends, a 40 year old Univ. of Chicago PhD graduate, had to lose his house and couldn't take up a job in Washington because of his custody battle, he detailed how his wife blackmailed him for money, how the courts gave him the short stick in the whole ordeal, and how he gets to spend only 8 hours in a week with his little son, while she ignores his son as she lives in the house he paid for with her new boyfriend who ill treats his son.

Do you think any sane man would put up with the whole ordeal I described, and mind you, this was a very educated, intelligent, respectful and good looking man who faced all this, he told me with bitterness that this is how most women are in this nation, contrast that with women from the other parts of the world who know actually how to treat a man and show him some respect instead of ditching him, claiming alimony from him and then get to spend that with their new boyfriends.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:34 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
It's because American women are the worst when it comes to respecting a man.
Thanks, you saved me the trouble.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:39 AM

817 posts, read 811,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Thanks, you saved me the trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships