Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 03:57 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,794,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
In regards to older men leaving their wives for younger women, I do not see that as the norm. Until further notice, 70% of the divorces are still filed by women. I'm sure someone's going to try to explain that away, but that's quite a huge number to overcome with excuses.

Women say this a lot to deflect their power of choice. She who has the "gold" makes the rules. You are the banker in the dating market. What upper hand does a man have if 100% of the women he attempts to date turn him down? That's the scenario we've seen from many male posters on this forum. Show me where there power lies.

Let's be honest. The average woman can go into any bar in any city and is guaranteed to walk out with a man if she wanted. The average man cannot.
I know you're talking to 2mares, but I had to chime in on this one. Let's see, 70% of the divorces are filed by women--I'll take your word on that one, but what I really want to know is how many of those divorces were initiated by women? I wonder because when my ex came out gay, he could have cared less if we got divorced or not and actually had the temerity to complain that we didn't have to get a divorce--he would have been willing to stay married. How many other men want to go do their thing and stay married? Not making generalizations here--actually wondering. And then I wonder how long my ex would have continued to pay child support if we'd stayed married? Mmm hmm. So yeah, I filed but then I always did all the paperwork in the family. And guess what? I paid for the dam$ divorce too b/c he was too cheap to even hire a lawyer. (Stepka, ungrit the teeth now.)

What upper hand does a man have if 100% of the women he attempts to date turn him down? And I'd like to know what power the woman has if 100% of the men she'd like to go out with never ask her? The average woman will assume that if a man doesn't ask her out that he's not interested.

Yes, the average woman may be able to pick someone up at a bar but she generally doesn't--that sort of thing is not usually appealing to women, horny or not, and she knows that this type of behavior is not appealing to the kind of man that she would like to have a relationship with--to the point where many men would reject her if he knew that she had ever engaged in that sort of behavior. And half of sex for women is feeling attractive and how attractive can you feel when you had to go pick up a drunk? Esp if he can't even perform b/c of too many drinks. This whole idea of women having so many more choices is a myth.

Old 10-12-2011, 04:02 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,191,933 times
Thread is closed for mod review.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships