U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-03-2011, 02:13 PM

50,274 posts, read 47,603,261 times

Advertisements

very interesting post.
men should be able to connect the dots but they dont.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:13 PM

2,114 posts, read 1,275,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
My guess is divorce isn't an option for some foreigners ( middle east for example) or foreign women don't play a lot of mind games.
You'd be surprised at how some foreign women snag American husbands.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:16 PM

9,198 posts, read 5,030,376 times
I don't give a patootie for who marries whom. BUT, that excerpt does NOT sound like anything that would be on the U.S. Citizen and Immigration homepage like it claims.

And the statistics seem skewed if 100 people married in 2011 and 50 divorced that is not a 50% divorce rate - some of those divorces could be from marriages over the last 25 years.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:17 PM

1,069 posts, read 835,389 times
Well duh because foreign women will do anything to hold onto that green card..

Old 10-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Status: "Life gives you what you need to awaken" (set 2 days ago)

8,768 posts, read 6,050,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
Well duh because foreign women will do anything to hold onto that green card..
That is entirely dependent on where they came from. Not everyone thinks America is the be all end all of countries.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:42 PM

2,392 posts, read 3,357,698 times
People here want to generalize that the foreign women some American men marry are poor, uneducated, need support, are subservient, ect. America and American women are not the end all be all.

The reason to prefer foreign women over American women is bc those women, whether they're in France, Germany, Malta, Asia and so forth, dont grow up in the cultural mess that has come to symbolize American youth. Our culture for young people & adults promotes and glorifies some of the worst behavior.

Don't get me wrong. There are wonderful American women and every foreign woman isn't good. But in most cases, I'll take my chances with an European woman.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:55 PM

8,681 posts, read 7,787,542 times
What cracks me up is that the men who blather on about foreign women usually don't have the nads to go live in the countries where those women come from.

It's a big, beautiful world. If you like European or Asian cultures so much, you are free to go live in Europe or Asia. No one is stopping you.

Old 10-03-2011, 03:05 PM

15,232 posts, read 17,941,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
People here want to generalize that the foreign women some American men marry are poor, uneducated, need support, are subservient, ect. America and American women are not the end all be all.

The reason to prefer foreign women over American women is bc those women, whether they're in France, Germany, Malta, Asia and so forth, dont grow up in the cultural mess that has come to symbolize American youth. Our culture for young people & adults promotes and glorifies some of the worst behavior.

Don't get me wrong. There are wonderful American women and every foreign woman isn't good. But in most cases, I'll take my chances with an European woman.
I've had some friends who have grown up in Germany and watch some reports out of Europe. Trust me it is all the same.

Old 10-03-2011, 03:31 PM

2,114 posts, read 1,275,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post

Which is why only American youths riot, loot and destroy neighborhoods right?

Old 10-03-2011, 03:33 PM

9,198 posts, read 5,030,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Which is why only American youths riot, loot and destroy neighborhoods right?
Didn't you hear? Other countries have no violence, sex trades, pop culture, mind numbingly asinine reality shows, poor fashion, just culture and better relationships between the genders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.