Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 12:29 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,618,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
You guys have a sex manual? Sounds like an interesting read.
The textbook is nice, but you should see the lab courses!

Old 03-12-2011, 12:31 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,379,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
The textbook is nice, but you should see the lab courses!
I'm in.

Old 03-12-2011, 12:58 PM

754 posts, read 1,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
LOL I never said I thought kids weren't having sex. I simply said that the behavior would be considered unacceptable.

I don't even know how you could jump from me stating it was unacceptable to me thinking that no one broke the rules. More than half of my friends in high school were having sex before they were married, they were LDS.

LOL, just wondering.

Old 03-12-2011, 01:29 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,359,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyinLa View Post
LOL, just wondering.
I spent a lot of time trying to convince them that they shouldn't feel guilty about sex to no avail.

My husband used to keep track of all the bishop's daughters he slept with when he was in high school lol. He wasn't LDS but in Utah.

Old 03-12-2011, 03:20 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,335,318 times
Well I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, commonly refered to as Mormons. This is the first time I have ever heard of soaking used in that term. I mean growing up we would soak the dishes for a while. Then again that was never all that exciting. I soaked in a tub before and sex was far from my mind. I have teen age boys and asked them and they have never heard about it before.

We grow up learning that sex is a beautifull thing. It is something that is reserved for lawfully married couples, meaning a man and a woman. Sex isn't something to take lightly it is a sacred trust that we have been given. The entire act is a very spiritual and rewarding experience. Many make light of it and use it for selfish reasons. It is exploited and made to take women away from their true place in this world. Your wife and partner for the eternities is someone that you would place on a pedestal. I wouldn't want to exploit my wife or any woman. My wife is my best friend, my guide in life, the person that I go to for advice and the one I trust more than any other on this plannet. Why would I want to weaken that by doing something that some would justify as not really sex? In Mormonism sex is never discussed as something to feel guilty about. It is something that all married people are free to embrace and act upon with their own husband or wife.

When you are taught the importance of sex and what it means to honor that sacred trust that you have between god, your spouse and yourself you learn that sex with any other person married or not, or anything like unto sex such as touching someone inappropriatly, destroys the trust that you have for your spouse or future spouse. We teach our kids that sex is a good thing that should be saved for marriage.

Saying that, many people within the Church and many other churches do get caught up in tempatation. Everyone has desires and it can be hard to avoid those desires. Like any Christian religion the need to repent comes into play. True repentance means that a person is sorry for the actions that they have caused and they have made a decision to change and stop doing the action. For many they will endure to the end and not return to the practice of premarital sex. Others may fall again. To say that Mormons are perfect is a real urban legend. That just isn't the case. We, like everyone else, are working toward perfection, but not always finding it. We are people just like the rest of our Heavenly Fathers children. Saying that does not mean that any kind of premarital or extra marital sex is accepted behaivior. That just isn't the case.

Old 03-12-2011, 03:30 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,385,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Ah, yes. I have heard of this, though not under that terminology.

Andrea Dworkin opined that the only way that a man and a woman could have sexual intercourse without the woman being victimized by the man in the process was if the man did just this.
Dwarkin approved sexual practices.
Now that's a party.

Old 03-12-2011, 03:46 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,385,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Well I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, commonly refered to as Mormons. This is the first time I have ever heard of soaking used in that term. I mean growing up we would soak the dishes for a while. Then again that was never all that exciting. I soaked in a tub before and sex was far from my mind. I have teen age boys and asked them and they have never heard about it before.

We grow up learning that sex is a beautifull thing. It is something that is reserved for lawfully married couples, meaning a man and a woman. Sex isn't something to take lightly it is a sacred trust that we have been given. The entire act is a very spiritual and rewarding experience. Many make light of it and use it for selfish reasons. It is exploited and made to take women away from their true place in this world. Your wife and partner for the eternities is someone that you would place on a pedestal. I wouldn't want to exploit my wife or any woman. My wife is my best friend, my guide in life, the person that I go to for advice and the one I trust more than any other on this plannet. Why would I want to weaken that by doing something that some would justify as not really sex? In Mormonism sex is never discussed as something to feel guilty about. It is something that all married people are free to embrace and act upon with their own husband or wife.

When you are taught the importance of sex and what it means to honor that sacred trust that you have between god, your spouse and yourself you learn that sex with any other person married or not, or anything like unto sex such as touching someone inappropriatly, destroys the trust that you have for your spouse or future spouse. We teach our kids that sex is a good thing that should be saved for marriage.

Saying that, many people within the Church and many other churches do get caught up in tempatation. Everyone has desires and it can be hard to avoid those desires. Like any Christian religion the need to repent comes into play. True repentance means that a person is sorry for the actions that they have caused and they have made a decision to change and stop doing the action. For many they will endure to the end and not return to the practice of premarital sex. Others may fall again. To say that Mormons are perfect is a real urban legend. That just isn't the case. We, like everyone else, are working toward perfection, but not always finding it. We are people just like the rest of our Heavenly Fathers children. Saying that does not mean that any kind of premarital or extra marital sex is accepted behaivior. That just isn't the case.
To this I counter with 'nu uhh'.
Your words are just excusses to ruin our fun!
Our bodies are only fleshen amusement park rides good for killing time.
Nothing more.
You fiend!

Old 03-12-2011, 03:49 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,245,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
To this I counter with 'nu uhh'.
Your words are just excusses to ruin our fun!
Our bodies are only fleshen amusement park rides good for killing time.
Nothing more.
You fiend!
^^I had to stifle audible laughter at this.

Old 03-12-2011, 05:09 PM

334 posts, read 528,566 times
Read the first page, read the last page... am I really going to have to read this entire thread to find out what "soaking" is???

Update: Nevermind. I misunderstood the OP. When she said the definition she found didn't sound real, I expected that someone was going to provide a "real" definition. Got it now. Carry on.

Last edited by JustBeingMe404; 03-12-2011 at 05:21 PM..

Old 03-12-2011, 07:08 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,309,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Well I think we were all just a little curious as to how popular this practice actually is. lol

Being "acceptable" amongst Mormons is just slightly different than being acceptable by the LDS Church itself, if you catch my drift.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships