U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 03-14-2011, 05:42 PM
 
115 posts, read 305,490 times
Reputation: 80

Advertisements

Because I have good looks (just take my word for it) am confident, in shape, have a decent job...yet still, no girl? If I was hideous or something then at least I could reason a little bit but I'm so far from those supposedly undesirable traits that I'm left wondering why?

I know the bulk of my problem is finding the right type of girl. Unfortunately, I never took advantage of my good attributes to get girls when I was in school so now I feel very much left out...and sad.

Where can I meet girls? I live in the suburbs and drive to and from work everyday -- hardly do I meet anybody new.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-14-2011, 05:44 PM
 
2,490 posts, read 3,610,333 times
Reputation: 2865
A church might be a good place. Maybe?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2011, 05:47 PM
 
115 posts, read 305,490 times
Reputation: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
A church might be a good place. Maybe?

I don't want to resort to being phony to pick up girls, though. I'm not a very religious person nor would I want a girl that is excessively so.

thanks for the suggestion anyway!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2011, 05:49 PM
 
Location: Columbia, California
6,662 posts, read 25,329,136 times
Reputation: 5066
At 24 years old you may want to use the services of a professional. Take a weekend vacation to Reno NV and visit a brothel. This way you will have more control and relax a little. After you do the deed you will not be as nervous with others.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2011, 05:50 PM
 
Location: Great Plains
25,584 posts, read 30,493,706 times
Reputation: 22713
Don't go looking. When you don't look for a girl they show up. and if you follow this advise you won't be pathetic. There is someone else who earned the title of most pathetic.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2011, 05:51 PM
 
115 posts, read 305,490 times
Reputation: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
At 24 years old you may want to use the services of a professional. Take a weekend vacation to Reno NV and visit a brothel. This way you will have more control and relax a little. After you do the deed you will not be as nervous with others.

I'm not nervous at all! I'd prefer to get a girlfriend than to just get my tip wet. Companionship is what I'm after -- the virginity problem could come later.

Did I mention that I never had a girlfriend?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2011, 05:52 PM
 
115 posts, read 305,490 times
Reputation: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Don't go looking. When you don't look for a girl they show up. and if you follow this advise you won't be pathetic. There is someone else who earned the title of most pathetic.

I've been following that advice for 24 years. I NEED to go looking otherwise I will be home all alone for the rest of my life.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2011, 05:54 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,270 posts, read 86,025,648 times
Reputation: 39664
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth to valid View Post
Because I have good looks (just take my word for it) am confident, in shape, have a decent job...yet still, no girl? If I was hideous or something then at least I could reason a little bit but I'm so far from those supposedly undesirable traits that I'm left wondering why?

I know the bulk of my problem is finding the right type of girl. Unfortunately, I never took advantage of my good attributes to get girls when I was in school so now I feel very much left out...and sad.

Where can I meet girls? I live in the suburbs and drive to and from work everyday -- hardly do I meet anybody new.
Join a local meet up type group for whatever you are interested in (hiking, volleyball, tennis, birdwatching ect).

This is a GREAT way to meet new people
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2011, 05:55 PM
 
399 posts, read 588,289 times
Reputation: 403
You will find that you can be great "on paper" and still find no woman that likes you. If that happens to you then, like me, you will find yourself in a hard situation because you can't fix a problem you can't find. And worse yet: since you have no problem to blame, you can end up blaming yourself and this will make you feel bad for no apparent reason. Also, it's quite disappointing knowing that you have quite good things to offer and women just don't value them at all. They may say they do ("oh you're such a catch") but often they will still prefer to date No-Future Joe.

I don't really have much advice to give you (sorry) but I think you should at least keep trying to meet new girls regularly.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2011, 05:57 PM
 
115 posts, read 305,490 times
Reputation: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Join a local meet up type group for whatever you are interested in (hiking, volleyball, tennis, birdwatching ect).

This is a GREAT way to meet new people
I like that advice but aren't most of the people who attend those sorts of events 35+?

I want to meet someone 20-25.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top