Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 04:14 PM

14 posts, read 139,089 times

Advertisements

Any suggestions on what I can do to approve my look? Anyone? Looking for a mans opinion only, no lesbians
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 04:17 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,975,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Scenery View Post
This is my pic for those who missed it. I sometimes think that my race is holding me back at times
Hmmm..I thought you were ugly. You're not bad looking at all..I dont think Id call you ugly.. You're just plain. You look a little overweight too. Men probably overlook you because you are plain. Contacts, a more interesting hair cut and a little less weight would probably give you a bit more pizzazz. (or however you spell it.) As far as men calling you ugly, youve got to know when people are playing on your insecurities. Your lack of self assuredness is readily apparent and if you are in the wrong company, they will prey on that.

You say you have a personality, but I can tell by that stoic (almost statuesque) pic, that you likely dont have a personality at all, or you have one that flies under the radar, which you might try to pass off as a "great personality". Nowdays, just being nice and forgettable doesnt cut it. As you probably know, people like instant gratification. They dont like having to sit around and figure out whats interesting about you. You need to have a personality and a sense of self expression that immediately shows people you're interesting and attention worthy. Judging by that pic, you dont seem to have that trait of outward self expression.

Old 03-18-2011, 04:19 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,015,581 times
Quote:
Any suggestions on what I can do to approve my look? Anyone? Looking for a mans opinion only, no lesbians
I'm not sure if I qualify because, if I were a woman, I'd be a lesbian...but here goes:
Just get yourself in the best physical shape you can; not to be attractive per se, but because you'll have tons more energy and strength that you'll really feel good. A natural side effect is that you'll also look better and clothes will fit better. Treat others the way you'd like to be treated and you'll do fine.

Old 03-18-2011, 04:23 PM

199 posts, read 490,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
Hmmm..I thought you were ugly. You're not bad looking at all..I dont think Id call you ugly.. You're just plain. You look a little overweight too. Men probably overlook you because you are plain. Contacts, a more interesting hair cut and a little less weight would probably give you a bit more pizzazz. (or however you spell it.)

You say you have a personality, but I can tell by that stoic (almost statuesque) pic, that you likely dont have a personality at all, or you have one that fly's under the radar, which you might try to pass off as a "great personality". Nowdays, just being nice and forgettable doesnt cut it. As you probably know, people like instant gratification. They dont like having to sit around and figure out whats interesting about you. You need to have a personality and a sense of self expression that immediately shows people you're interesting and attention worthy. Judging by that pic, you dont seem to have that trait of outward self expression.
I agree with this guy. I personally think that your weight is the first problem. A lot of people tend to overlook weight as an issue but it takes commitment to lose weight and stay in shape and that is something you have to do these days which will highly give you an edge in the dating pool. Also you do seem a bit too ordinary, it might sound kind of weird but you need some sort of style even if it might seem kind of gimmicky. Girls nowadays are accessory crazy and for some reason certain styles of clothing display confidence. Try to get a feel for other women's styles the ones that seem trendy and work from there.

Old 03-18-2011, 04:40 PM

14 posts, read 139,089 times
Thanks everyone I will try my best to change my appearance

Old 03-18-2011, 04:46 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Honey, while appearance is an important element to attracting a man, the bigger one is your attitude and self confidence.

Work on that, and smiling more often, and I promise you you will be fine

Old 03-18-2011, 04:52 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,975,456 times
Also, realize: developing a personality and becoming outgoing/expressive, is about taking risks. You're going to have to come out of your comfort zone if you want anyone to notice you. You're going to have to come out of the monotone, all black outfits. Men like color on women, it makes them look youthful and vibrant. Become bold. Take fashion risks, and find out what your individual "style" is, and as others have said, be receptive and outgoing.

Old 03-18-2011, 05:04 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,107,676 times
Quote:
IMHO, you don't need to change much. A more flattering hairdo, a smile on your face, a sparkle in your eyes, a spring in your step (read: confidence), and you should get the attention you're looking for.

Best of luck!

Old 03-18-2011, 05:07 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,015,581 times
Quote:
You're fine!
Treat yourself well. Do nice things for yourself. Be kind to yourself!

Old 03-18-2011, 05:09 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Supply and Demand.
There is no supply and demand in the way that businesses think about it because even if somebody is married/taken many are still actively on the market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships