Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 12:20 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,645,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
A lot of people in my generation say they would be bored a lot more often if it weren't for the internet.
Not bored, just when the weather SUCKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 12:25 PM

1,446 posts, read 3,551,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
It is the fact that you take the word of women on a forum. I love posting on here because it is fun, but this is just fantasy for me.
What is this a response to? And what is the relevance? Are you saying most of the things you say are not real? Ok.

Still, you're strange for trying to make other posters believe you when it's all just "fantasy and fun".

Quote:
Of course, so many of the men on CD are experts on women and have known thousands. I think experience is something many lack.

I love how you picked on a random post I made without reading and went from this, to calling the forum "just fantasy". Why even start an exchange if it's just fantasy. I didn't even quote you, yet you felt the need to respond. Why don't you just find yourself a fantasy game to frolic around in?

Old 03-27-2011, 12:30 PM

1,446 posts, read 3,551,562 times
Quote:
I don't know women that do. Where do you get your statements? Do you know women that do or have you just heard some do? Also, the same goes for your statement about men. Where do your statements come from? Your personal experience cannot give you the numbers to make much of a claim.

I doubt you'd believe anything that poster said if it was form experience or a survey of women, so there is no point to it.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:09 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,471,869 times
Quote:
I would never be in a relationship with someone due to good looks alone. But good looks are a must.

I wouldn't be caught dead in a relationship with an old wrinkly person, even when I'm old.

If good looks fade, I'm perfectly okay with ending the relationship. In fact, that's what I would prefer.
I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't want to become one of those old couples where teenagers see them and think "they're just an unattractive old couple"

I admit I'm a teenager who thinks that way. So it would be hypocritical of me if I was in a relationship with an old person someday.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:22 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,348,592 times
Quote:
I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't want to become one of those old couples where teenagers see them and think "they're just an unattractive old couple"

I admit I'm a teenager who thinks that way. So it would be hypocritical of me if I was in a relationship with an old person someday.
You're not going to be a teenager all your life and some day some one will consider you old.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
You're not going to be a teenager all your life and some day some one will consider you old.
I know. Getting old is inevitable (unless you die young). But just because you get old doesn't mean you need to be in a relationship with another old person.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
I know. Getting old is inevitable (unless you die young). But just because you get old doesn't mean you need to be in a relationship with another old person.
Old is relative. I've seen people in their teens and 20s who are old and people in their 60s and 70s who could run circles around a lot of young people.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Old is relative. I've seen people in their teens and 20s who are old and people in their 60s and 70s who could run circles around a lot of young people.
In what way are these teens and 20 somethings old?

People in their 60s and 70s are all unattractive as far as I'm concerned, regardless of how fit they are.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
In what way are these teens and 20 somethings old?

People in their 60s and 70s are all unattractive as far as I'm concerned, regardless of how fit they are.
Teens and 20s are old when they don't have a live outside the internet, aren't active, etc.

I've seen unattractive teens ans 20s also.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Teens and 20s are old when they don't have a live outside the internet, aren't active, etc.

I've seen unattractive teens ans 20s also.
Old maybe in your opinion. But they're actually young.

And I never said all teens/20 somethings are attractive. But quite a few of them are attractive. People are at their most attractive from 15 to 23, on average. For a lot of people, this attractiveness lasts longer. But it certainly wears off by the time they're 60.

That's the difference between old people and young people. All old people are unattractive. But a lot of (note: not all) young people are attractive.

And for my original point, old people don't need to be in a relationship with other old people. Case in point: Hugh Hefner (as has been mentioned earlier)

When I'm old, I'd rather either be in a relationship with young people or stay single. That's better than being in a relationship with an old person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships